Okanagan College

Okanagan College Employee Reviews

It has relaxed atmosphere with good collaboration from collegues and managers. Okanagan College is a very nice place to work. It has recreation facilities one can use.
The focus on the students and service to them. We worked very collaboratively as a department across four campuses in the Okanagan Region, and there was a significant amount of support, especially for new faculty members!
When I was a student at OC I worked in the gym/for athletics and Rec department. It was amazing. The absolute best student job one could ask for. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great work environment and work-life balance
Cons
Excellent Place to work at,with very good staff. very helpful colligues. level of work was not stressful.learned a lot from this job.I am going to appreciate my time at Okanagan college for life.,
Positive teams and work environment in the nursing faculty. Welcoming orientation to all faculty at the college. Supportive management. Peers were also engaging and positive
they have a large range of Courses for everyone. highly suggest as it is a fun environment and friendly faces. a huge library and also a wide section of cafeteria food
Okanagan college offers a wide variety of career opportunities Not only was I a student with the certified dental assistant program but advanced my education as a dental instructor
Okanagan College is good at getting the best person for the job. The staff are very skilled and professional and make it a great place to work. This likely varies from campus to campus but for the most part, OC is a great employer.
Residence advisors (RA) at Okanagan College student housing are responsible for looking after the building outside of general office hours, supporting fellow students with housing, academic, social and other needs, and planning student events for student residents. This is a fun-filled position to have while studying and a great way to build skills for your resume. Although majority of the time, RAs have an easy job, they need to be ready to address any situation. Maintaining confientiallity is highly expected in this position. Extrovertion, assertiveness, and teamwork are all attributes which are used as an RA. Although not the most rewarding financially, RAs at Okanagan College are compensated with housing, parking, and other benefits. This is also a fantastic position in which to meet new people and develop life-long friendships. Highly recommend.
Arrival at 8:30 am, departure at 3:30 pm. Workplace was controlled and some instructors were better and clearly more experienced than others. Was volunteer work, so there was no pay.
Everyone I have met here is always ready to help. They are friendly and welcoming. They value work life balance. The benefits are amazing and the management are also great to work for.
Limited opportunities across various departments. Sick leave individuals given too long before position is posted. Minimal training. Sink or swim. Would like to see more term job share opportunities.
Staffs were exceptional friendly and helpful Parking was usually busy but won't be an issue if you arrive a little early. Campus was clean and well kept Bus system was great, sorry no train Were lots of events in and out doors with free food :) My friend was a student worked part time at the GYM, minimum wage, but it was an easy job which is suitable for students busy doing homework, for hours of sitting, the only actual work involved was 30 mins cleaning facilities at closing. Always been fully applied though. I was an ESL & Engineering student, workshop was big, clean, just enough machines to work, sometimes share with others. English classes were fun and will guarantee to improve your confidence Integrity here was a priority, so DON'T TREAT :) ------------- Study review: If you're an international student, You'll really enjoy studying in here like I did. Student Service building is the best place to chill, 2 ping pong tables, 3 microwaves, 2 vending machines and lots of nationalities to make friends and I am sure you'll feel like at home. 3 stories warm quiet library with mountainous view to study or ask for help Enjoy your time here! _Ex international student from VN_
Pros
friendly, clean, fun, ping pong, lots of events
Cons
N/a :d
I loved going to this college, it was a great experience, and I would definitely go back. I was able to upgrade and take the HCA course and find work after I was done. I still have a few more courses to finish, One day, ill go back.
Pros
free lunches, water botlles
Cons
failed lab because of time
Okanagan College has great pay and a fantastic benefits package. It would be great if the contract instructors had a more regular and consistent schedule.
5 stars loved my job was always respected treated fairly well understood energy was great always looked out for eachother Okanagan college is a great place to study and work
good work place, love the people. Love the atmosphere, the locations are dynamite and the facilities are top notch. I would a fulltime position as a instructor
Great place to work. I had an exceptional team of individuals that supported the program and made it possible. It was always a joy to come to work at Okanagan College
I loved my time as a student. It was very enriching. I loved my teacher and my fellow classmates. I feel that I learned allot through this course and it will be a great addition to my background.
Pros
Lots of out of school activities.
Cons
Not enough courses have to go out of town which is not an option for some.
Working at Okanagan college gave me the tools to recognize such things as stress that may hinder a students success. Intervention is very important in order to help students achieve their success.
Executive are simply terrible and unskilled at what they do. They do not understand their function and add no value. The college leaders - deans and directors, supported by skilled administrative staff make this an okay place to work.Salaries are low and benefits are okay.Most employees are hired on contracts for 3-5 years before competing for permanent positions.
  1. Employee reviews