OK Tire

OK Tire Employee Reviews

Canada94 reviews
It was good that they really allowed me to get my foot into the door and give me a entry job. they were able to teach me basic tasks. I would recommend applying and working at ok tire as it is a good entry job.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
communication
OK tire has been a incredible place to work and i have enjoyed it very much. unfortunatly due to Covid-19 i am unable to work there any longer. i'd recomend it to anyone who Wants to start there career as a mechanic
Very pleasant and productive site to work in. Staff and employees share equal responsibilities. No competition among employees. Work as a whole and a team player.
It's a difficult position to be in. Very stressful and very, if any concern for employee treatment. I would not recommend working for OK Tire. The owner is absent most of the time.
Very friendly employees and staff. I great local to learn and train at. Owner is very understanding and willing to help when needed. I would recommend it is location.
Good service, good quality. Nice people. Workers were nice. Fast workers didn’t have to wait that long to get my tire fixed. Nice brand tires and last longer patches
The owner is a really good guy. His eldest son however is something you have to put up with. But overall it's a good work environment and the techs are good guys.
My typical day is to write up work order, order parts, call customer to review what is needed to there car.
The staff is easy to work with and team work is very good.
The owners make the rest of the team feel like family. The regulars that come in are some of the nicest people in town. The parking lot is a bit small, but hey, not much can be done there.
the work environment at ok tire grand forks is very supportive and friendly. although the mechanical experience can be very competitive to obtain because everyone is very eager to work.
It is a very fast paced environment wet dirty if you are not physically in shape not a job for you very physically demanding must also have good customer relationships be able to communicate with people.
Work hard make sure you keep your customers satisfaction is key to the job dubble check your work to make sure it's done to your best abilities and awalys make sure to have serves with a smile
My partner was working at OK tires for 10 years as a service reader. Now he is 62. They fired him. First gave him a good recommendation letter. He went to employment standards and it made the owner very mad, kind of how dare you to stand up to me. They called Service Canada and gave him a very bad characteristic. Now he cant get even EI that he earned. He will have to go to welfare or income assistance. They care about money not about people, pretty obvious/
Pros
not bad salary
Cons
Bad treatment of aging employees
I loved working at ok tire.i worked there for 4 to 5 years and loved it Id go back if i could lol. It is hard work at times but u do have ur down time as well management is nice and will give u what u need to do a great job. It was just a overall nice place to work for me.
Pros
Good people to work for and a nice spot to work
Cons
Didnt have any cons for me i loved it there
The job had many great clients and employees. The CEO was great and friendly.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Hard on my back
Great place to work for I completed a co-op here 240 hours great place to work very productive and organized fast pace environment friendly co workers.
Worked here for about 5 months great work people management was bad no safety measures in place overall
If your looking to start some place great place to start but isn’t a career job at 15.00 lifting tires and doing more than what your job entities isn’t worth it but if you have no experience I recommend this place
Pros
Great people
Cons
Unreliable management, old system of picking on paper, unreasonable pay
the managers are power hungry and rude nut over all its not that bad of a place to work at
i enjoyed it i just didmy work and put my head downit worked out
Great family to work for. Busy in it rush seasons. thoroughly enjoyed my days working here. other staff members became good friends. Work life balance is good. they will coordinate holidays and time off easily with you. benefits are great.
I did my COOP at OK tire and I learn allot mechanics, changing the oil, changing the rubber for a tire and adding weights to them, I learned how to used a hoist, how to torch a bit and weld a bit.
Doing tires/oil changes/basic inspections on cars. I learned how to use a tire machine and the balance machine also learned how to do basic repairs on cars. Real good management. The owner was friendly, hands on kind of man. Nothing real hard about the job except doing the monster tires and doing the job is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
relaxed hours
Cons
when it's slow