OK Tire Employee Reviews

relaxing
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NS4 October 2018
great place to work, staff is excellent. days go by pretty quick. family owned so you get a good vibe from the owners. donuts for lunch on fridays too
Loved my time
Labourer/Undercoat Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NS13 August 2018
Great people to work with and and great start for any person with hopes of becoming an automotive technician. Teaching very basic tire repair skills to new comers of the auto industry.
Pros
Good laughs
Cons
None to me
10 Years and Counting...
Controller (Current Employee) –  8525 109 Street8 August 2018
I've been with OK Tire & Auto Service in Grande Prairie for 10 years. During that time I've worked with a lot of great people and learned many things. Without an education, the owner gave me the opportunity to learn, grow and move throughout the company into my current position. He has mentored me and honestly cares about his loyal staff. I have seen him many times help out an employee in need and I truly believe the team you work with makes the job. I've been lucky to be surrounded by great people, great work and more importantly, grow my experience and career.
Pros
Work Flexibility, Friendly Environment, Awesome Co-Workers, Great Wages
Cons
Long Hours During Winter Tire Rush, But It Only Lasts So Long
Great place to work. Awesome employees and a just a great environment to work in
Wetaskiwin - Tire Technician / Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 May 2018
If you want steady work and good pay than this place Is great. I loved my job there and always felt at home their. I just wanted to expand and try other things. I would totally recommend
Pros
Never have to stay late
it's a pretty good place to work
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC19 April 2018
i was only there for three weeks but in that time i was treated fairly and given the opportunity to use my skills that i learnt at Camosun College in Victoria.
productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB2 April 2018
it has been a good job fun atmosphere, working here has been good learnt a lot about customer service, management was awesome here very professional and great day to day operation
Pros
home every night
Cons
very low pay
Good company to work for.
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
Worked for OK Tire stores for many years. Was always happy there and only left because I wanted to take an extended vacation and try something new afterwards.
great owners, good part-time job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB13 February 2018
great people to work with, very understanding to students and fun work environment, very involved with the community and shows interest and value in their employees.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 February 2018
Great co-workers/bosses. Increased my mechanical knowledge vastly and will use this knowledge for the rest of my life. Good atmosphere and very rewarding job.
Awesome place
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  ok tire port kells24 January 2018
best place and awesome management to work for. good pay and benefits with opportunities to grow. the management value their employees. 5 stars out of 5 for them
Good work place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Southey, SK18 January 2018
Good work place and love talking to people. Anf learning lots from the mechanic that was there .and learning new tbings everyday wad amazing and kots of hands on hands
Pros
Some times
Cons
Yes long tires if needed
Dishonest, backstabbing, lying, cheating managers and a depressing work environment
Tire sales (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 January 2018
This place has dishonest, backstabbing, lying, cheating managers and a depressing work environment, they are constantly gossiping behing employees backs and the threat of you loosing your job for no reasonable reason is always on your mind.
Pros
Occasional free lunches during the busy season is the only pro to working there.
Cons
Terrible ownership, even worse management and dishonest work practices
O.K. Tire Associate
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB26 December 2017
Working for O.K. Tire, Lacombe was an awesome experience. My co-workers at the time were hard-working and generally happy individuals. My management team were organized and meticulous. Everyone worked with each other, as opposed to against, to reach the end goal of customer satisfaction. Worked slowed down, so unfortunately, they couldn't afford to keep me on. I have no bad feelings towards O.K. Tire, Lacombe, I recommend their services to everyone I meet.
Pros
Family owned and operated. - Extra care taken in services.
Cons
Location. - They need a bigger building and parking area
alright workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB29 November 2017
Not much to say, a lot of sitting around waiting for customers, and getting yelled at for no reason. Manager was always in a bad mood. Didn't get much training, felt like I was just there to help with the first snow rush.
Cons
Horible management
great team
Tire Technician/Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB16 August 2017
Awesome place to work for. Great friendly staff, awesome ownership and competitive wages. Work environment is easy and shop is kept in great conidition.
Experience was too short
Auto Apprentice Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Did not have the time to to be trained as the training was a bit too much for me. I was nervous and therefore was making mistakes that did not go too well with management.
Small Shop good crew
Jr. Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 July 2017
The crew at OK Tire are a great group of people. They deffinetly know their stuff.
it was a pleasure to show up to work each day. most of the customers were quite pleasant as well.
Not a fair review
General Manager / Shareholder (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 May 2017
This was a business that I originally opened and managed for 10 years. As a new business I started from the beginning and this business was profitable after the first year. I left because I was bored in the industry and wanted to try something else.
Not a good environment
Automotive Service Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 May 2017
Your constantly looking over your shoulder. You will get blamed for something you didn't even do. They do not pay well enough for the job that they want you to do.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, hostile work environment
everyone was nice and the workplace was a great environment.
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 May 2017
I had alot of fun and also got alot of experience from working there life and workplace. Great people and outstanding team work. Loved working there would again for sure if i hadn't moved.
Pros
Good payouts, Good people
Cons
i walked to work.