Oilers Entertainment Group

Oilers Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
I enjoyed my time there, but very cut-throat. Your life is the team and it has to be your priority. Left because the environment and especially my role wasn't conducive to having a family. I learned a ton when I worked there and valued the amount of responsibility I was given.
If you're looking for an easy part time job, this is one of your best options. You won't make much, but you can easily take shifts off around midterms/finals.
If you love hockey or love to watch music concerts; then this is the place to work. Some days things may get very stressful dealing with intoxicated crowds but for the most part things are quite relaxed
OEG is a fast-paced, always moving machine. It can be busy and challenging at times, but the current employees that already worked there made me feel like a part of their family immediately (sappy, I know). It's a great place to work with great people, and who doesn't like getting paid to help people out and watch events?
I would generally show up early to ready myself for the tasks I have at the meeting area, timing and knowing your whereabouts is essential and proper communications really aids in the growth of what to fix for the next shift your in. My biggest take away was that I enjoyed my job and the experience from it.
I worked at Rogers for 2 years at first it was great then it started going down hill fast and has not stopped so yourself a favour and don’t apply !!!
Kind and caring management
Flexible hours

Room for advancement

Pay is good, not great

Work benefits such as hockey and concerts are great

Coaching and mentorship among staff is encouraged
go go go... always on your feet. interacting with hundreds of people an event. never ever a dull moment. loved the team, just couldnt work three jobs anymore.
Great facility to work in, The oilers are an amazing team. There are some struggles with a new team atmosphere but it’s a great part time job The days to work are flexible Works good
great place to work, with great people. I haven't done this kind of work before but the people and the way the staff are treated have made it really enjoyable. It's only casual so hours are never guaranteed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oilers Entertainment Group?
I worked at Rogers place so it was great. I got to watch concerts and hockey for free. That was the best part about the job. The pay was minimum wage so it was okay.
Stay far away! They will lure you in with false promises and dazzle you with the trappings of Sports and Entertainment. However, a crushing reality will hit you after working day and night at slave wages, only to be marginalized and then kicked out because you did not make the Popular Kids club. I now understand why the Edmonton Oilers are a disaster on the ice...it starts with the organization itself and ends with the Owner that runs it.
Unfortunately when first opened this was a great job with an awesome management team. Due to some poor choices on behalf of the Executive team and Human Resources this job is just "a job."

Too many changes each year, no full time, no job security and management team is unfriendly and hard to work for.
Pros
Cons
Lack of job security
Although my time was shorter than anticipated with the Edmonton Oilers, I had truly enjoyed the professional environment that was put into place by the teams and the management. I would go back in an heart beat
OEG is a great organization overall, minus the Ticketing Department.

The management from the Directors end is cancerous and made it virtually impossible to have a work life balance and feel a part of OEG when staffing events happened (activities, early dismissal etc.).

You will learn helpful information if you choose to stay in the sales industry, especially if you make adjustments that aren't as pushy.

Compliments towards the position is just having an opportunity to work in sport and your co-workers.

Highly recommend avoiding the Ticket Sales department unless changes were made. Recommend positions elsewhere in the company as they have great management overall.
Pros
Co-workers, Working in Sport
Cons
Zero Work Life, Overworked
Good place to work for a short-medium length time. Can provide a young indiviudal with a great opportunity to get their foot in the door, while having the ability to work with a great staff.
The company lacks leadership in general from upper management and senior executives. There is no communication and no support. Salaries and benefits are not competitive. Atmosphere is like walking on egg shells due to the fear of being Layed Off at any moment. It seems that when the Oilers don’t succeed during the season, they make major cuts to save a dime.

The HR Department is not accommodating and understanding to certain issues IE Mental health. If something happens, they make you feel like it’s a major inconvenience and that it’s unacceptable.

One good thing about working for this company was the work life balance. It was easy to accomodate appointments and work from home if need be.

The perks are not what they are cracked up too be. Tickets to concerts are provided to upper management as incentives but most use them on their personal friends.

I highly do no recommend working for OEG if you desire job security and room for advancement.
Pros
Work/ Life Balance
Cons
Management, Hr, perks
Everything at OEG is fun. If given another chance I would love to be back. My only concern was my other job and also my knees but other than that everything was perfect.
Pros
enjoyable job
Cons
my other managerial job
great work enviroment in the entertainment industry. you learn so much about being and leader and dealing wiht employees. working as a team with guest experience and security.
I worked on the Activation team and would highly recommend this position for students. Very fun, fast, and flexible. The management is improving and you get amazing opportunities to see behind the scenes action.
It was a pleasure to have opened the doors to rogers place and to have been part of this organization for last few years.

Days were always different, event day you could work from 0900 hrs untill 0300 hrs. On a non event day it would be more like business hours and would be able to take time off in lieu when possible

Learned alot from the organization and was lucky to have been sent to instructor courses along the way and from co-workers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to take part in all the great events at Rogers Place,
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oilers Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9