Oil Changers Employee Reviews

good
drive in (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2018
good job loved in nice ppl. I would love to keep working with them.
Good Staff, Bad Management
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2018
The work and the staff are both pleasant. The management on the other hand is very poor. Little to no support and a they promote a very toxic work environment. From my experience the owner also cares very little about the employees.
Pros
Staff & Work
Cons
Management, Owner, Work Environment
Very fun to work at
LUBE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2018
Lots of learning. Good Pay. Great management team. I love coming into work because everyday is different. You get to learn new and exciting cars to work on. Lots of hours and its great work/life balance.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
Great Place to Work
Lube tech (Current Employee) –  Kitchener12 March 2018
Great place to work. They train me from knowing nothing to me being able to perform all maintenance service on all makes and model of vehicle. You do not have to worry about lay offs and slow period. The job is always there if you do it well.
Pros
Great owners
Cons
Have to be punctual
Communication skills
Customer service rep and mechanical work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2018
It is great to work with all these. I learnt many more things. I'm still learning better things to enhance myself in future. If i talk about the management, staff is so good.
Lube technician/cashier
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2018
Oil Changers was great to work for! The management and owners were always nice and willing to help you out in any way they could. I really felt like part of the family, as they call it. Salary was fair, they included benefits which was amazing! They like to keep good staff in the business, many employees moved up to management and now own their own franchises!
Pros
great team, benefits
Cons
some customers aren't the nicest
Productive and fun workplace..Always.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  1303 Kennedy Road5 February 2018
Oil Changers is one of the best if not the best lube shop in Ontario. Working at 1303 Kennedy Road Oil changers for six years gave me an uncountable amount of experience in the work field. I thank the staff and management for allowing me to be apart of the "family".
store meetings was great
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  nepean canada2 February 2018
serviced all vehicles
how to change oil and tires
management was great
workplace was layed back but had its busy hours
hardest was working in the cold
enjoyed getting Paid
Pros
paid lunches
Hardworking yet fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2017
Although it is a fast paced and hard job, the staff and management make work enjoyable. While we do work hard on cars, they are very lenient on us taking breaks.
Pros
Lenient Breaks
Goof place to work, "ownership" is gargabe.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 September 2017
I loved the guys I worked with, all good guys, reasonable pay, just the boss who claims to be an "owner" who isn't actually an owner of the shop is the problem. He treats female employees different then males - which I didn't have a problem with knowing I picked a job in a male dominant field, being a female myself.
I learned a lot about cars, my manager was super patient and from what I could tell did not mind teaching me, the same goes for the experienced guys.
The job itself was not hard just took about a week to catch on to the rhythm and learn how the main boss wanted things done - he was very particular.
the most enjoyable part of the job was hanging out and learning things from the employees when the boss wasn't around. The guys who work there are incredible and deserve way more than they get.
Pros
learning vaulable car information
Cons
The franchise opertator
Great workplace
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 July 2017
Best team and management
Great work/life balance
Fair compensation
Learned valuable skills at cash and scheduling
Vehicle maintenance
...............
fast paced and intriguing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 June 2017
You have to expect to get really dirty daily. Show up early and leave late. Enjoyed meeting new customers and their furry friends that often accompanied them.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON16 May 2017
A great experience getting to work on all the different vehicles. Got to do everything from oil changes, to light changes, to transmission flushes. Good hours, great pay, awesome guys to work with. A fun job.
Pros
Relaxing atmosphere
Cons
Can get boring when it's slow.
the job.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 April 2017
Loved what i was doing , working on cars , small repairs , oil changes. But the management was horrible , giving me hope of becoming a supervisor , then telling me i wont be getting it after me being there for over a year .
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Great entry level automotive job with great owner.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2017
I Worked at the Oil Changers at 4592 King street east for many years and enjoyed every minute of it. Though I had previous car experience before working there, being able to work on all makes and models allows for a broad range of experience. So if you are looking to work on cars in any capacity, it is well worth the time to work there get some basic knowledge and foundation.

Also, I must credit the owner for making my experience there truly worthwhile. He is patient, understanding and a great guy to talk with, honestly could not give him enough praise.
Interesting and Friendly workplace
Automatic Mechanical Installment And Services (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON6 January 2017
Fun enjoyable workplace with friendly colleagues and very easy and simple work such as cleaning, under hood maintenance and other interesting work experiences
Pros
Easy and organized area
Cons
can be messy
fun workplace great employees
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 September 2016
working at oil changers was always fun we got to work on all different kinds of cars everyday and what needed to be done to each car was different. the workplace was good and my co-workers always made the day go by fast by being very friendly and fun.
Pros
disscounts
Cons
very long days
Headache
Supervisor, lube tech, key holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 July 2016
love my work no matter the job but sometimes the headache around the job isnt worth it meaning management and co workers if you cant get over certain co workers and how they act or run things this isnt a place for you to work
place is like slave driver trying to get you to make sales
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2016
forced to know more customer service than being good with cars. Also hires unqualified people,and gets new employees every month
good for younger people
greeter / change oil (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 August 2015
good enough. worked there for short amount still don't know the in and outs fully, not sure what else to put on here. i like the work as it is, nothing really major about it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oil Changers. Our community is ready to answer.