Ogilvy & Mather Employee Reviews

Really fun place to work
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2018
The open concept office and incredible team at Ogilvy made every day an opportunity to learn and participate in a multitude of different client projects.
Pros
Free beer every friday
Cons
Tight deadlines
Terrific organization. Best ad agency!
Senior Partner (Former Employee) –  Ogilvy5 August 2018
There is no better ad agency. It truly is a "teaching hospital". Everything I learned there from my first "go around" only made me a more valued employee at other agencies. Loved it there.
Do not care about people
Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2017
Ogilvy has so much potential, but unfortunately, they do not care about their people or culture. You are a number and that is it. No time to onboard correctly
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
terrible culture
Exciting and Dynamic
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON, Canada26 September 2017
Joining an advertising company in IT capacity role was all round experience. During this time I grew my career while being part of one of the most dynamic and non-technical inovative companies.
Expect to work a lot of late nights
Associate Account Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2017
Your day will be full of meetings, so you end up staying late to get your actual work done. Because you are constantly in meetings with numerous people in the agency, you get a lot of exposure to senior management which gives you the opportunity to really shine and show off your knowledge and skills. Late nights at the office generally mean you lack a social life, but there are a lot of internal office events that take place, so you do get to socialize with other teams, and folks you normally would never speak to on a daily basis. If you have a family (kids specifically), it will be really hard to see them every night!
Pros
Exposure to senior management
Creative and agile agency
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2017
Packed with passionate people with a keen eye for creative and smarts that makes you think that it couldn't get better and then, it does. A surreal experience. Not for the weak minded.
Pros
Lots of creative inspiration
Cons
Creative director
Environnement très agréable
Commis comptable / support PDV (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2017
Des journées bien remplis, du travail professionnel, une bonne collaboration, un patron très professionnel et à toujours nous faire avancé dans le développement de nos tâches.
Pros
confiance en nos capacité
Cons
ne pas avoir pus etre relocalisé apres une fusion
Great Agency to learn and gain experience
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
A fast paced enviromnment with plenty to do each and every day.
From long drawn out projects to jobs needed urgently, this is the place to process the work quickly. Good systems in place.
Pros
Time off between Christmas and New Year
Cons
Long hours with no overtime paid. Not big on giving increases either.
Environnement de travail agréable
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 February 2016
D'excellents collaborateurs, un environnement stimulant et une expérience exceptionnelle.
Beautiful workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2016
Very luxurious. I have learned table settings and many uses for different tableware. Overall great company.
Co-workers became my friends and we never had conflicts.
I'd like to work in a similar boutique sometime.
Great Marketing Agency. Creative engines all around you
Travel Retail Area Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2015
I was on a 2 yr contract assigned to a special project.
Gained a great understanding of the Marketing field and what it takes to get a product from IDEA into the CUSTOMERS HAND
Very exciting organization with a strong drive to succeed
Innovative idea generators with a keen sense of what the mass market requires
Pros
Great, inspiring group of people to work along side with
Cons
2 yr contract
Intern at Ogilvy the last year of College
Assistant to Art Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2015
Fun place to work, very fast energy environment, did lots of layout creative ideas, commercial story boards, working side by side with the Art Director. Did some commerial shoots, casting actors and actress. Pre Production meeting learning everything about campaigns.
Pros
Fun Place
Cons
Didn't get paid
Good firm culture, formal, very just and very promoting.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2014
A typical day at work was when we had to enter all the data from a very large war-room into an on-going database. I learned to scan the important fields of the documents which were about150,000 or so- of course not on the first day. We managed the database by inputting the salient pertinent qualities like dates, description, invoice number, memos from and to, etc. We were four of us seized with project and we agreed in a friendly manner that after every 1.5 hours to 2 hours, one of us would call the data from the entered sheets so that the others could ensure it was correct. The hardest part of the job was getting the database finished and revised and edited well in advance of when it was required. And summarizing the descriptions of paper which consisted of the data. Good naturedly we agreed on the best way to delegate to each other with mutual respect, worked as a team and enjoyed the whole project immensely. We have been been fortunate - though not all of us together - to work again together and I welcome working with my colleagues and peers everyday.
Pros
if we worked late sandwiches were provided.
Cons
the cons was good experience leared and gained from counsel. So it was a plus for all of us.
Ogilvy is a perfect company for an entry level person to get a look into the advertising world...
Administrative and Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 April 2014
Ogilvy is a very stimulating place to work if you like to preform multiple tasks, high pressure, daily deadlines and feel a sense of urgency related to work flow. Feeling satisfied at the end of a work day is a common feeling. I have learned many different types of skills and functions.

The hardest part of the job is keeping a professional point of view to managements sometimes unrealistic demands and expectations....
Challenging, fun and dynamic
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2013
− Lead a team of two project coordinators, three graphic designers, and a copywriter through two successful national advertising campaigns worth $981,000 and $1.3 million respectively.
− Conceived and managed a $1.3 million nation-wide advertising campaign, resulting in increased brand awareness for client`s flagship product.
− Supervised the development and implementation of a customer relationship management (CRM) software that revamped the client`s operations of its Eastern Canadian retail distribution channels.
Magasin haut de gamme - une merveille
Adjointe exécutive du Directeur-général (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2013
Mon poste a été en remplacement temporaire de l'adjointe exécutive.
Cette personne était excessivement bien organisée donc il m'a été facile de m'ingérer - si je puis ainsi m'exprimer - dans son travail et ses dossiers.

L'expérience a été très intéressante et je l'ai beaucoup appréciée.

D'ailleurs l'expérience a été concluante puisque j'ai fait un deuxième remplacement l'année suivante.
Pros
travailler dans un environnement très agréable en plein centre-ville
Cons
je n'ai rien constaté de négatif - bien au contraire.
Account executive at OgilvyAction specializing in below the line advertising for clients like Unilever, Winners and Heart & Stroke Foundation
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2013
- Specialization in “below the line” advertising including engagement & activation activities Offerings include brand strategy & development, below the line advertising, strategic events & customer engagement
- Client roster included Unilever (Magnum, Hellmann’s, Ben & Jerry’s, Dove), Heart & Stroke Foundation, Winners, Cogeco
- Adapted “above the line” campaign ideas into activations while working with an IAT to ensure consistency & relevancy
- Responsibilities included concept development, daily client relations, budget management to ensure strong margins, project
management, vendor relationship management, activation of programs, & establishing new business
- Managed the launch of Magnum ice cream bars in Canada – program included media launch party, cross-country sampling
program, internal launches, in-store POS program, development of specialized programs for key vendors & TIFF programming
- Led execution of Magnum media launch and sampling program across Canada - now part of Magnum global model
- Led logistical/vendor management for Dove pop-up salon in correlation with “Singing in the Rain” online video
- Other areas of expertise include contest development/management of winners, pop-up activations & social media integration
Pros
work with big clients like unilever, strategically develop marketing plans, exciting work environment, world-class firm
Cons
as ae do the bulk of the work and strategy but little contact with senior management, few tiers so little opportunity for upward mobility, often working 7 days a week during activations
Long hours great pay!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2013
My days started at 5a.m. and ended 4p.m. I would pick up our shippments and deliver them around Montréal. Management helped me to get times off if need be and co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to move back to Orillia. The most enjoyable part of the job was working 6 days a week.
Productive, intense, fast pace workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2013
Started by being a filing clerk, worked my way up to Executive Assistant to VP. Managed all external and internal communications. Accounts receivables. Improved client service delivery by coordinating creative project requirements and monitoring project timelines between creative and production. Organized all entries for "Ad Rodeo".Reconciled billable time to client invoicing including corporate travel and expenses. Worked very well with all co-workers. I learned to work with a diversed group of people.
Pros
free hockey tickets, first chance at buying concert tickets. christmas bonus
Cons
company closed calgary's branch
Fun and positive workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2012
One of the day that I learned a lot from it was on Saturday. Some people did not show up that day, so we were a small team. It was a busy day and as a team we had to to work so hard to keep the people happy. We had cook the samples so fast
in order to present it to all the people. What put me under pressure was, I had to to one more task at the same time; Give out the samples and coupons, talk to people, make sure the sample are not cold. Overall it was an amazing and challenging experience which thought me how to handle a busy situation by collaborating with other member of a team with positive energy. It was so effective in my future jobs.
Pros
free food