OERLIKON Employee Reviews

Actively looking, time to abandon ship!
Production Leader (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 August 2017
Oerlikon used to be a good place to work, however, over the last 5 month or so production is being told to work 12hr days and a day on the weekend.

They are also in the process of laying people off, most with out any notice and the bare minimum package they have to offer. This despite the effort everyone WAS putting in to try to make the company great again. Now it seems most people are here just waiting for a package or another opportunity.

With the continues loss of business to our competition, who unlike Oerlikon, has continued to innovate and is now further ahead of us In terms of technology and customer service. Management responses to the threat by simply demanding workers work harder and more hours ...... the product of an ineffective SMT.

To top off the issues with this company, Oerlikon is a very small company in Canada (less then 18 ppl) so with a small flat org there is no room to advance. So I am basicly working not to get fired....

I have started looking for new employment and I would recommend that people read all the reviews before accepting a position here. These issues seem to be a cultural issue not just a guelph issue.
Pros
Solid starting pay for the area
Cons
No work life balance, Poor managment, No promotion opportunities.