OEM Remanufacturing

OEM Remanufacturing Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
typical day at work with OEM is quite stressful. we get to learn a lot of things especiially when you are still new. The management is welcoming and supportive of carrer growth. The hardest part of the job is to work lifting heavy loads and sometimes taking extra hours
This company doesn’t care about its employees, salary notmanagement is worked to the bone. Only friends are promoted. The leadership is weak and the people doing the work have no faith! There’s a reason why so many people are leaving
Pros
Good $$
Cons
Leadership, shift work, politics
Amazing people that are more than co workers, they are family.
The amount of hours spent here are more than at home, and the people make this place amazing. I felt like I was part of something bigger, something better, something I felt extremely proud of. People asked where do you work, I said Finning; and it always put a smile on my face every time.

The overtime is where the money is at. Loads and Loads of OT. And then theres the Double-time. Not to mention banking your OT and DT for vacations or sick days. The Flex time and Sick time in our new Union deal makes it more of reason to work here, not mention a $3.50 premium for night shift which is 4pm-2am. 4 days a week with 3 days off.

Its a diverse group of people that make up the ranks of OEM.

The work was solid, always had something to do. I was the lead in cleaning crew for our department when Finning sent down their inspectors to make us a 3 star facility. The workplace was lenient and flexible. The management was completely understanding and friendly. I would have retired there. I would have spent the rest of my days there. i loved what I did. But I found the love of my life and I moved to another province.

The most important thing I learned is, once you get your foot in the door, its about patience. Doesn't matter if you start low or your hours aren't good, thats life. Work with it and you'll see the rewards.

The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
Pros
Best group of people you'll ever work with.
Cons
parking lot is small so get there early.
The company really made you feel like part of the OEM family.

Everyone worked towards a common goal and made work exciting and motivating. Great group, highly recommended
clacs a scam you pay dues for nothing
managers are hired from outside the company and no nothing about there job, one told me that himself.

hours suck 5am to 5pm fri sat and sun
Pros
pays ok
Cons
bad hrs an managers
OEM Remanufacturing is the Edmonton based facility of Finning International repairing and rebuilding large components within the Oil and Gas industry, particularly the Mining sector.
I have to be honest and say that OEM has changed my life and given me an opportunity to advance through the ropes into a great position over the years. I do however feel that I have come close to a point where I can no longer continue to move up the ladder and it is disheartening to see the same 3 people get promoted over and over again.
very poor management.
very poor safety policy, that creates unsafe work environment.

"union" manipulates employees, works to impose company agenda.

loads of favoritism and unprofessional actions
Pros
wage
Cons
working environment
Fast paced, CAT based maintenance program. Well staffed support depts. Quality assurance, Safety, Facilities and Machining, Material handling and parts processing.
Pros
Employee management coaching and development
Cons
Top heavy
Young management unrelatable to older workforce
Weekend shift was unpleasant

Very repetative and monotonous

Did not find required resources for efficient work expected.

Lack of union support
Pros
Wage
Cons
Shifts
Worked as part of a union (clac) lots of opportunity for advancement hade a good apprenticeship program and lots of weekend events and activities for employees to join in on
Pros
All kinds of free stuff and had a union rep
Cons
Worked with family
A good opportunity for the new comer to work on heavy equipment used in oil sand region. Very friendly work environment . management has to work on restructuring the whole process.
Healthy work environment, great work ethics, emphasis on safety, and overall great benefits. Highly recommended to anyone who has a potential career opportunity here.
It is a very large company to work for and the shift work can be a challenge. I found that working shift work wasn't in my best interests health wise.
very busy with new tasks and challenges daily
people are great and culture is can do positive

product issues and advancements allowed for excellent communication with factory
Pros
worked with the latest technology
Cons
volume of product overwhelming sometimes
It used to be nice work place before Finning took it over. Big layoffs since Finning took it over. New management don't care about people. People are overworked.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
People are just numbers since Finning is managing OEM.
amazing people and culture - low turnover rate for a very good reason! recommended to anyone in the edmonton area. This company cares for its employees and customers.
This used to be a great place to work, but after the second set of layoffs in 4 years it has gone downhill. The executive management is disconnected from the front line managers. The health and safety team is trying to drive change through dictated policies that do not work on the shop floor.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Poor Managment
Learned how to disassemble, inspect and re-build 3400, 3500, 3600 and C-175 series engines.
Pros
OEM took good care of your family, example: family fun days, free golf.
Cons
Poor shift start times.
3 different shifts, long hours but great pay! If you work hard, nobody cares! It is unbelievable, sad almost for the business!! Management really don't care about the health of their employees and they're really not equal when it comes to accommodate the sick. Some Co-workers are great always willing to help, others prefer to help just people from their own creed and race which is really sad to see in any company
Pros
great pay
Cons
not equal towards the sick, some co-workers will only help you if you join their church, long hours
 Collect/compile timecards for daily entry into in house payroll system
 Co-ordinate w/ appropriate persons to locate missing information/resolve issues

 Verify entered information is accurate and complete

 Maintain personnel files & records ensuring confidentiality

 Set up and entry of wages, department etc. for new employees in Insync

 Respond to requests for letters of employment, letters to employees regarding pay changes etc

 Enter/track/file vacation, sick and banked overtime forms

 Assist the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator with the review of Payroll

 Open and distribute in/coming mail, prepare and drop off outgoing mail/courier pkgs

 Order supplies, other duties & clerical tasks as required

 Process enrolments/terminations and changes

 Respond to employee inquiries in a timely & professional manner,

 Assist employees in filing benefit claims

 Update employee information i.e. wages, personal information
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
lack of communication between departments
Ask a question about working or interviewing at OEM Remanufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9