OCAD University

OCAD University Employee Reviews

Relaxed

I have worked in education long enough to know that you should always be prepared for the room to not be set or prepared for classes to take place. Make sure you always back yourself up by being completely prepared to teach without any teaching devices or assistance in the rooms.

it is a fun workplace I was enjoy working in workshop and helping people.

I am happy that I had the opportunity to work at OCAD and the Environment that helped me to grow and enjoy my moments at the same time. The people there are wonderful people.

Great!

The staff was absolutely amazing and I had a great time working here throughout my years. They are very flexible around your schedule and it feels like a family instead of a workplace. They are very welcoming and overall really great people to work with!

A personally and professionally enriching research experience.

I've been working for almost a year at OCAD University as a Research Assistant with one of the professors, helping them to compile data for the database they are creating. I've had the chance to apply my keyboarding skills, attention to detail, and abiding love of cultural heritage and the arts in a professional way. The professor whom I've worked with has been very supportive, and the position enabled me to work from home with great flexibility in the work schedule.

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work, unrealistic expectations. They didn't train me properly and refused to give me any kind of constructive feedback. Horrible experience

Not a good experience

Bad coworkers who left all the work to myself when i worked there. The pay from the company i worked for at the time was horrendous. Would not reccommend.

Humber College Student Placement

Throughout my time at OCAD as a Humber College placement student, I enjoyed the experience. It was full of opportunities to learn and grow within the security business

no student resting lounge it was removed

its con start work in the studio I learned many traits and skills during my 4 years of university admissions gave me the chance to interact with others and newly coming students during their first year into OCAD

Pros

free lunches

Cons

low paid

Love the Atmosphere

The atmosphere is what makes the job, so many great students and faculty members and so much artistic talent. Really enjoyed the job but not a lot of resources.

Worst culture ever

This place will make you feel like you're worthless. Starting from the President down. The worst place I have ever worked at. One would think a university would be more professional and fair - but No! From the professors to the staff to the President, they are all accommodating and unprofessional.

Pros

Cons

Everthing

Jobs at OCAD University

See more jobs

Fun and flexible!

Awesome manager, flexible hours and lots of room for creativity! Daily tasks include creating content for digital marketing, documenting events and editing photos for professional use.

Pros

Flexible hours

A student at OCADU

Working as a student in OCAD University actually get you into knowing concepts and ideas including the development of your own sense of art and design compatibility. Hard work is needed in order to achieve any outstanding result, as well as determination and singled mindedness. As a student, despite of not reaching high marks, I feel the fact that I am actually getting something out of OCAD University as a designer.

Pros

Good teachers

Cons

Bad teachers

Overworked, Underpaid

Student monitors, staff and sessional faculty perform duties that often exceed their job description, with little in the way of job security or compensation to show for it.

Decent workplace, tough retail market (textbooks) meant lower than average salary.

Actually a satellite store of U of T Press leasing the space from OCAD U. Very hard market to stay profitable in. Very tight deadlines. Staff were dedicated and we always had the best at our store. Product mix shifted away from computers and technology toward clothing and stationery to maintain profitability. OCAD staff and students are still my favourites!

Pros

Good work/life balance is a company policy.

Cons

Salaried = long hours

Provides work opportunities for students

OCAD provides students many job opportunities and is willing to work with students' school schedules. OCAD generally have an accepting and welcoming work environment.

A good place to work for students

Gives you on site experience with digital fabrication methods. Community of experienced technicians are available to guide you and inform your process.

Pros

Access to facilities

Cons

Low pay, small chance of permanent position

Amazing experience

My coworkers were amazingly kind and inspiring. It was a great experience that enhanced my abilities to interact with others. This job taught me a lot about time management and public relations.

Productive work, with opportunities for technical learning

The work is rewarding and allows for a great experience in interacting with other students and the instructors. There are several opportunities to learn about the technical aspects of the equipment available. The hours are based around the school and personal schedule, and are flexible enough for those studying full time, or commuting. There is however no real job security, and low chances of continued employment after graduation. The management and coworkers are great to work with and the work itself if fairly enjoyable, but the hours never exceed above 10-12 hrs/week, making it necessary for a second job to cover expenses.

Pros

Flexible schedule to work around school and commute, fun and friendly work environment

Cons

Low number of hours, No real job security

Great workplace

Nice and creative students and very organized management. My first step in Canad to teach at higher education level, and I learned a lot of amazing experience.

Good part-time jobs for students

The work environment at OCAD University is enjoyable for any student who is need of work. There are a lot of jobs available for full-time students, where you can work in various departments and get an insight of what goes on.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

limited hours

Operated like a business without accountability

any issues I had were never resolved, administration would not get back to me. I found the programs to be mis-advertised and things that we were promised were not covered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCAD University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement