Oanda

Oanda Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Oanda is a successful Canadian FinTech. Despite 150+ employees, it has retained the startup culture and attitude.

Great people, overall fun to work at.

But senior management is a mess, constantly turning over and subject to constant intrigue. Hence turnover there is very high. Core business direction is lacking. As is commitment to Product.

Marketing needs a major revamp. The business burns through accounts. So, its critical to bring in new accounts, just to maintain current business volume.
Pros
Social activities, fun, low stress
Cons
Disorganized, lack of business direction, low pay
Easy work environment and downtown location are positives.
Low salary generally, poor management results in lack of direction and poor revenue, company couldn't afford better than now engineers and management they had before so they were laid off before the company got acquired. Mediocre quality developers.

If you are hard working and ambitious look elsewhere.

If you are relaxed and has made enough money already then you can go for this.
Relax environment your future is in your hands. I gained a good number of skills over the last 2 years while working with the Internal Audit team at OANDA. It was quite an interesting experience that enabled me to develop hands-on experience in Risk Assessment, IT Audit, IT project management, and Business Impact Analysis. I had the privileged opportunity to work on a series of group-wide teams

Nevertheless, this has afforded me the opportunity to explore career advancement in Information Systems Risk Management as well as Internal Audit function where my skills and experience contributed to operational efficiency, increase stakeholder value and build public trust.
At OANDA I felt like I am a part of the global corporation and it made me feel very proud of the place I worked at. I was highly motivated by the culture and environment of the office. I believe that it is very important to be motivated by what you do at work. I am very happy to be a part of such a great global and very successful corporation!
A Typical day at work would be putting out fires as soon as you walk in. Anything that you had planned to do was not going to happen as soon as you walked in the door. I learned a lot about the forex industry and hedging instruments, something I wouldn't have learned on my own as I am risk averse. Management could sometimes micro manage in certain situations, but mostly trusted their employees.
Pros
co workers and free lunches
Cons
Too Far
Good culture, smart engineers, good work/life balance...