Oakdale Golf and Country Club Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Unique work environment
Outside Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2018
If you like getting yelled at for hours while doing the job you were just asked to do, a beautiful golf course and the potential of getting run over by a golf cart every two minutes, you'll love Oakdale. While they do give you free lunches you're expected to scarf down your food in less than 30 minutes to work in the blazing sun with no additional breaks. But on the plus side, you have condescending bosses and not helpful work staff by your side to just lose your mind at. But I'd definitely say 10/10.
Pros
sunset and sunrise are always beautiful on the course
Cons
everything else
Backshop Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
Very much enjoyed working in the environment and sharpening my worker skills. Met many people while working and will not forget the experience that i was given.
good summer job
Greenskeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
This job is perfect if you are in school and are in need of a full time job that is outdoors. with this job you get alot done in your days as you start early which means you end early
Challenging and fun workplace
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
Oakdale Golf and Country Club was an amazing place to work. I learned how to lead a team, manage day to day operations, and ensure that there was adequate inventory. I also got to improve upon my customer service skills.
Productive and fun workplace.
Server/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
greeting and serving members. Making sure their experience is 100% everytime. I learned not to be so uptight have fun and be professional at the same time. The hardest part of my job is not being so hard on myslef if something goes wrong. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the members of the club and actually building a relationship with them.
Pros
free lunches
productive and challenging
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
I recommend job seekers to apply for this job. the staff is very helpful and will be patient with new employees to handle the fast paced demands of what the job entails. Every day is a new challenge on the jobs, as employees are presented with new challenges from the customers and the working environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unflexable hours
Useful
Golf Caddy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
Working at this particular golf course was an nice experience. My coworkers were very energetic and liked to do their job efficiently.I learned how to make the golfers have a pleasant round.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2014
When the business is down they will send you home, but during winter only few regular staff are working. Its a seasonal job only, but I enjoyed working in Oakdale.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
limited hours during winter, food is not free
productive place to work
Caddy (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 November 2013
be a better caddy than the last on
its better to help others than yourself
very keen on getting the golfers happy
there for the money
long hours in the sun
get to interact with different types of people
Pros
free lunch/snack
Cons
in the sun for long hours carrying heavy equipment
It was a good expericence get to interact with different people
Busser (Former Employee) –  toronto canada2 October 2013
* Typical day at work is to making sure that the place is clean, everything is organized and ready to go. While guest are their I ensure that they are ok, and there needs are fulfil.

* I've learned even more about being more punctual, and responding to properly to customers.

* I was fun working in a team because it thought me a lot of things about good team work/ and while doing our job we enjoyed it together. The hardest thing part of the job is when a lot of crowed comes down at one, and it becomes very ethic for me to be rushing and trying to pulling fulfil everyone's needs.

* The most enjoyable time for me is when everyone can work and enjoy their selves and when we have work outings together.
Cons
6-8 hours