Oak Ridges Food Market

Oak Ridges Food Market Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews

Poor management

The owner was nice, but some of the department managers were very petty and extremely unprofessional. And also rude. Not a job you want if you have a life and responsibilities outside of work. They gave me a hard time for taking off Christmas/Christmas Eve months in advance. Also didn't actually care if I was sick, they still expected me to come into work the next day.

Pros

A lot of physical activity

Cons

Low salary, lousy management, no sick days

Small company that doesn't care about employees

This company is a small family owned business but they don't care about their employees. The breakroom was disgusting when I worked there (the drywall wasnt finished) and you would smell when someone went to the bathroom since all the pipes were exposed. There was no discount and no perks whatsoever for the workers. Pay is minimum or slightly above minimum.

Pros

Sometimes free food

Cons

Grumpy managers, minimum wage, pressure to work longer hours if someone cancels shift

Manager in the kitchen area doesn’t get along with anyone. She looks for reasons to complain about you

Worked in the kitchen doing my best and trying to learn The manager farika was constantly yelling and criticizing everything everyone did. Constant verbal abuse and toxic environment

Cons

Toxic

Great part-time job for a student

Oak Ridges Food Market was a fantastic work place for when I was in school/university. They were always willing to work with my school schedule and give me the hours that I needed. Management was great and it felt like working with a family. I stayed for four years and it was great experience and very memorable.

Hard working atmosphere, always have to be on your toes.

Always keeping myself busy, make sure department is 100% by the end of the night and all tasks are done and complete for the next day.

Life as a baker

It was a decent job, I learned to create cakes and pastries. There was a lack of management considering I had to learn everything in a month.

Pros

Cake testing.

Cons

Short hours, lack of management.

Fun and clean environment

Management was amazingFriendly and enjoyable work placeRespectful members of a teamFulfilling job experience

Pros

ejoyable work environment

Cons

salary

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oak Ridges Food Market?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Ridges Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3