Oak + Fort

Oak + Fort Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Management was always fussy, and was terrible at training. They penalized people for not knowing, when they should've just taught them. Has a high turnover rate, but management/Headquarters think it's the employees fault, instead of theirs. Would not recommend working here.
A typical day at work: As I work at the Toronto Eaton Centre, it is usually very busy and the work environment is very upbeat and friendly. What you learned: As I worked both as a cashier and a sales associate, and also assisted in some stock related duties, I have learned how to cliental with customers. I have also gained great customer service skills and learned how to work well in a team setting. Management: Management is very small, but also very efficient. I love working alongside my managers and team members, and the environment is fun and fair. Workplace culture: Workplace culture is diverse, and open. It is friendly and very loving. The hardest part of the job: The hardest part of the job would have to be finding new tasks to do. Although the eaton centre location can be very busy, often it can be very slow. So finding different tasks such as swiffering, dusting, organizing can be always easy to do. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find new tasks. Overall, this job was not difficult and it was very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job: The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with my team. Working with my team members and manager would be the best part of my job. Especially as I switch between roles of being a sales associate and a cashier, communication is a huge aspect of my job.
Pros
Flexible availability and hours.
Cons
Very short breaks.