Oak + Fort
Oak + Fort Employee Review

Productive work environment

23 May 2017
A typical day at work: As I work at the Toronto Eaton Centre, it is usually very busy and the work environment is very upbeat and friendly. What you learned: As I worked both as a cashier and a sales associate, and also assisted in some stock related duties, I have learned how to cliental with customers. I have also gained great customer service skills and learned how to work well in a team setting. Management: Management is very small, but also very efficient. I love working alongside my managers and team members, and the environment is fun and fair. Workplace culture: Workplace culture is diverse, and open. It is friendly and very loving. The hardest part of the job: The hardest part of the job would have to be finding new tasks to do. Although the eaton centre location can be very busy, often it can be very slow. So finding different tasks such as swiffering, dusting, organizing can be always easy to do. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find new tasks. Overall, this job was not difficult and it was very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job: The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with my team. Working with my team members and manager would be the best part of my job. Especially as I switch between roles of being a sales associate and a cashier, communication is a huge aspect of my job.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Flexible availability and hours.
Cons
Very short breaks.
11 December 2019
Same role
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Management was always fussy, and was terrible at training. They penalized people for not knowing, when they should've just taught them. Has a high turnover rate, but management/Headquarters think it's the employees fault, instead of theirs. Would not recommend working here.
26 February 2020
Same location
Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Management here is all around terrible. They are not there to support you and provide extremely minimal training yet have very high expectations. They will only schedule you for 4-5 hour shifts, which is not enough time to complete all the tasks you are given. They will not allow you to clock out, even if it is already past the time your shift ended. On most days, they do not allow breaks and if you go on one they will force you to clock back in before your time is up. Tons of negative re-inforcement and a very toxic work environment. Management is very condescending in the way they speak to you. While their expectations of you are extremely high, management is very lazy and will stand around doing nothing all day while they command you around and put way too much on your plate with no support. Would not recommend working here to anyone.
8 February 2020
Same location
Stock Associate (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Worked for them in stock... terrible experience. Their are always issues for things that so simple. Very disorganized. The pay is a joke for all the work you do! Assistant manager barely train you but expect you to know all the ins and outs. And if you don’t your hours are basically cut... safe your time and apply to dollarama less work with probably better hours
  1. Productive work environment