Oak + Fort
Oak + Fort Employee Review

Awful Management & Training

26 February 2020
Management here is all around terrible. They are not there to support you and provide extremely minimal training yet have very high expectations. They will only schedule you for 4-5 hour shifts, which is not enough time to complete all the tasks you are given. They will not allow you to clock out, even if it is already past the time your shift ended. On most days, they do not allow breaks and if you go on one they will force you to clock back in before your time is up. Tons of negative re-inforcement and a very toxic work environment. Management is very condescending in the way they speak to you. While their expectations of you are extremely high, management is very lazy and will stand around doing nothing all day while they command you around and put way too much on your plate with no support. Would not recommend working here to anyone.
1.0Job security/advancement
8 February 2020
Stock Associate (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Worked for them in stock... terrible experience. Their are always issues for things that so simple. Very disorganized. The pay is a joke for all the work you do! Assistant manager barely train you but expect you to know all the ins and outs. And if you don’t your hours are basically cut... safe your time and apply to dollarama less work with probably better hours
16 September 2019
Lead (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
A typical day at work would include refreshing store racks and tables. Re-merchandise products due to sell through and help customers with whatever they need assistance with. The workplace culture can be toxic as management only cares about themselves and no one else. They put a lot of pressure on employees who are at the bottom of management team such as floor managers and Leads. No paid vacation or benefits even if you are full-time. Sales associates become very competitive due to high sales goals even on non busy days. And lastly they don't provide proper training and still expect you to do the work and bring results. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who don't know how to shop, have no manners and make a huge mess everywhere all while having to merchandise the store and help them at the same time. Most enjoyable part of the job will have to be some of the people you work with and that can depend on the location you work at.
23 May 2017
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
A typical day at work: As I work at the Toronto Eaton Centre, it is usually very busy and the work environment is very upbeat and friendly. What you learned: As I worked both as a cashier and a sales associate, and also assisted in some stock related duties, I have learned how to cliental with customers. I have also gained great customer service skills and learned how to work well in a team setting. Management: Management is very small, but also very efficient. I love working alongside my managers and team members, and the environment is fun and fair. Workplace culture: Workplace culture is diverse, and open. It is friendly and very loving. The hardest part of the job: The hardest part of the job would have to be finding new tasks to do. Although the eaton centre location can be very busy, often it can be very slow. So finding different tasks such as swiffering, dusting, organizing can be always easy to do. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find new tasks. Overall, this job was not difficult and it was very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job: The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with my team. Working with my team members and manager would be the best part of my job. Especially as I switch between roles of being a sales associate and a cashier, communication is a huge aspect of my job.
Pros
Flexible availability and hours.
Cons
Very short breaks.