Oak + Fort Employee Reviews

Takes advantage of employees
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 July 2019
Run the other way! This company is severly micromanaged. The designer does not care about staff. They will terminate you on your 90th day of employment. No warning of notice. No alternatives. Sketchy! Severly disillusioned management.
Good work environment with manageable hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2019
The management team was diligent and understanding towards the employees. The workplace culture was supportive and the overall experience of working at the warehouse sale was positive.
Horrible work environment, poor treatment of employees
Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2018
I worked in head office for 2 years and was so excited for the opportunity, and so disappointed with what it turned out to be. This company cannot hold on to good employees, does not pay them well, micromanages from the top down and there is no company transparency or trust. It was a terrible work culture/environment and would only ever be a stepping stone of experience for people in the Vancouver fashion world. Bad pay, bad employee treatment when seeking support to stay with the company and grow a career. Work hard and don't complain, do what your told environment.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad pay, bad culture
An ok environment that could use work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 April 2018
-The company really needs to hire competent leaders within the warehouse and give enough resources to meet what they are asking for

-The people I worked with were very fun to work with however
Undervaluing employees since 2010
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 March 2018
Poorly run company, totally uncompetitive pay. Management is run by CEO's friends, so they are completely incompetent at their jobs, having no formal (or informal, for that matter) training.
Good place for learning
DIGITAL DESIGNER (INTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 December 2017
It is a real working environment and everything need to be followed the rule.
The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly so that everyone can focus on their work without pressure.
Productive, Made lots of friends
Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 October 2017
They will over work you to the last penny. A lot of micro managing happening. Loved the job at first, started to become stressful as time went on. Will make lots of nice friends along the way
Productive work environment
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
A typical day at work: As I work at the Toronto Eaton Centre, it is usually very busy and the work environment is very upbeat and friendly.

What you learned: As I worked both as a cashier and a sales associate, and also assisted in some stock related duties, I have learned how to cliental with customers. I have also gained great customer service skills and learned how to work well in a team setting.

Management: Management is very small, but also very efficient. I love working alongside my managers and team members, and the environment is fun and fair.

Workplace culture: Workplace culture is diverse, and open. It is friendly and very loving.

The hardest part of the job: The hardest part of the job would have to be finding new tasks to do. Although the eaton centre location can be very busy, often it can be very slow. So finding different tasks such as swiffering, dusting, organizing can be always easy to do. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find new tasks. Overall, this job was not difficult and it was very enjoyable.

The most enjoyable part of my job: The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with my team. Working with my team members and manager would be the best part of my job. Especially as I switch between roles of being a sales associate and a cashier, communication is a huge aspect of my job.
Pros
Flexible availability and hours.
Cons
Very short breaks.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Management is really understanding of employee's availability. Flexible with hours and accommodates student's schedules during exam time. Very friendly staff, not a hostile workplace
Work here if you're looking for a casual sales job.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 February 2016
I worked here for a shorter period of time. Upper management is not great, they don't really provide you with much support or pay for a lot of work. Employees are generally fun and easy to talk to.

Clothes are cute but cheaply made and cost more than what they should cost, so expect a lot of customers coming to complain. And expect that you won't really be able to help them other than telling them that it is "wear and tear".
Pros
The non-management staff, discount
Cons
Upper management