Oak + Fort

Working at Oak + Fort: Employee Reviews

Canada79 reviews

fortsalerecommendculturetraininghighteamexperience

Work environment

Great company to learn with! Lovely team environment, collaborative and supporting. Open to new ideas and open to feedback from team members.

Pros

Team members

Cons

Compensation

Workplace environment

Over worked, Over promised, Under Delivered, Treats staff poorly, brags about work-life balance and lessens your hours but still has the same amount of work. Operationally messy from corporate to stores, training is all over the place, no respect of boundaries, high performing staff get treated poorly whatever the store. associates see how management gets abused emotionally and psychologically. Corporate is not on the same page with one another, would always contradict each other and forces stores to do things super last minute even when they are off. Does not respect student workers’ time and needs.

Insights into Oak + Fort

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Flexible

Flexible work schedule is perfect for me while I’m going to school. The shop’s pretty quiet throughout most of the day, but there’s always something to do to keep me busy.

A far cry from other small clothing companies

The difference between O+F and the company I worked for before was just staggering. Everything from the people to the culture was far superior to anything I had experienced before.

Professional development

I learned more during my time with Oak + Fort than I did in all my years of schooling. The combination of freedom and sheer volume of design worked wonders for my development. Highly recommend for all experience levels.

Leadership facilitates success

Great place to work if you have a strong work ethic. Leadership will push you to go the extra mile because they want to see you succeed. Even though there isn’t much formal training, it’s easy to become acclimated to their expectations, so long as you’re willing to apply feedback.

Cute boutique!

I honestly loved working there! Their clothes are SUPER cute. It took a lot of self-control for me not to spend my entire paycheck on a new wardrobe every month. The boutique atmosphere was wonderful as well!

Only good things to say

I have nothing but good things to say about Oak & Fort. Pay and benefits are excellent. They have an amazing training program for new hires. Everyone in the store is friendly and easy to get along with.

Customer Service

The work is simple enough to understand. I didn’t need much training and I was able to pick it up right away. You just gotta be able to follow directions and keep up with the pace.

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working at Oak+Fort. I'd recommend it to others for sure. Management was very understanding, employees were treated well, and everyone was very friendly.

No promise left unkept

Management kept every promise that was made during the interview process. There were no “pull up the rug” moments. The work was easy and I made a decent amount. I left when I got a better offer from another company, but otherwise I would have stayed.

Enjoyed my time at O+F

I really enjoyed my time at O+F. Even though I’m no longer with the company, I would strongly recommend it to others based on how well they treat their employees in regards to pay, work/life balance, and openness to feedback.

I learned a lot

I learned a lot. Met some incredible people. Made a decent amount of money and got a LOT of savings out of my employee discount (my entire wardrobe is Oak + Fort at this point). Overall, it was a good experience.

Would recommend

Great company to work for, shifting company values led to my departure. Still recommend it to others. The future is bright as long as feedback is solicited and, where appropriate, acted upon.

Welcomed from day 1

My manager made me feel like a welcome addition to the team from the very first day. The work environment was healthy and everyone is super friendly and supportive to one another. It’s hard work but very rewarding.

Great place to work:-Unparalleled team, benefits, and overall company culture-Tons of room for upward mobility/growth-Work/life balance and overall flexibility-Transparent management team-Very supportive environment

It’s got a lot

It’s got a Phenomenal work culture, Equal opportunities, Equal pay, and an Inclusive, Productive, Fast Paced, Collaborative, Competitive and Fun work environment.

Heavy workload and not equivalent pay

It's a friendly workplace to start your career or accumulate work experience. Co-workers are excellent. Management is inefficient sometimes. They want you to make a profit with minimum costs. The only enjoyable part is working with nice people here.

3 years on

I’ve been working here for three years and I have grown to love this company. The job that I do is not hard, it’s just a matter of understanding the team dynamics and working within them.

Great place to work. Fun atmosphere and co-workers are always willing to help out and provide support. Great work life balance as well. I wake up every morning excited to go to work.

The best retail experience I’ve had

O&F, as a whole, is an amazing company. Management excels at communication and the pay and benefits are much better than I was expecting. It’s a stressful industry, but from my experience O&F is the best retail experience I’ve had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak + Fort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement