O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 504 reviews
Sort by: Helpfulness | Rating | Date
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fuyez à toutes jambes!!!
Superviseur qualité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2017
Les journées de travail s'étirent et votre équilibre vie professionnelle et familiale en est affecté. Milieu malsain, raciste, malpropre, ou l'harcèlement et l'inéquité est chose commune et toléré par la haute direction. La haute direction de l'usine manque de leadership et incapable d'insuffler le changement et les mauvaises habitudes perdurent. Comme l'usine est centenaire, une large proportion des superviseurs n'ont aucune scolarité et de ce fait sont parfois les plus résistants aux changements et adoptent des attitudes de rustres sexistes. La culture qualité est totalement absente et peu supportée par les têtes dirigeantes de l'usine.
Pros
Bonne rémunération
Cons
Ambiance malsaine pour les nouveaux employés
Was this review helpful?Yes 11No 5Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Hot, yet Tolerable
Selector and Ware Packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 September 2015
A typical day at work began with the running of bottle samples through various machines in order to assess machine functionality. Each sample is ran three times on an hourly basis, for a total of 36 times per shift. The rest of the shift was spent monitoring the lines for jam ups, assessing bottles for critical defects as well has keeping the work environment clean and safe. Occasionally My job required me to hand package glass ware, palletize cartons as well as feed ware and cartons onto the conveyor belt.

While working with Owens-Illinois, I learned how to operate a manual as well as a semi-automatic forklift. I learned to to operate and fix jam-ups in machinery as well as how to assess glass bottles for defects. My supervisors and co-workers were welcoming and helpful when it came to me learning how to manoeuvre throughout the factory environment.

The hardest part of the job was withstanding the high temperatures for long periods of time while actively working. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take the skills I learned during my training, and altering them in a way that allowed me to work more efficiently and enjoyably.
Pros
Extended breaks in high climates
Cons
Long hours, very high temperature
Was this review helpful?Yes 14No 1Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Above average company
Lead Hand, Selector/Packer, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Brampton14 April 2015
Salary is above average. Working conditions are fair - good. Management fair, and approachable. Room for advancement is limited, due to unionized structure.
Was this review helpful?Yes 3No 1Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Nature de L'entreprise
Mécanicien d'entretien et ferblantier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Saint-Charles, QC27 November 2014
Etant donné que cette entreprise fabrique des contenants en verre. Les conditions de travail sont plus ou moins bon pour l'être humain.
Poussière, chaleur excessive, fumé toxique ou non.
De plus, Il y avait une horaire rotative jour-nuit de 12 heures
Par contre, il y avait beaucoup de défis techniques.
Et il y avait une bonne atmosphère de travail
Was this review helpful?Yes 18No 5Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Daily new challenges and maintain operation at all time
Industrial Electrician & Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Scoudouc, NB1 July 2013
Work place safety and operation inspection, great communication with operators and review QA reports. It was always unscheduled task always have a backup plan for any learned to cop with the unknown and troubleshoot the obstacles and solve for solid results.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
On call responce
Was this review helpful?Yes 10No 4Report

See more O-I (Owens-Illinois) reviews

You may want to try:

Claim this company page

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I (Owens-Illinois). Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

4.0
Based on 504 reviews
5212
4154
383
228
127

Ratings by category

3.6Work/Life Balance
4.1Salary/Benefits
3.5Job Security/Advancement
3.5Management
3.7Culture

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Reviews by Location