O'Regan's Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Bottom rung of sales jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2019
If you really enjoy jobs that put you in front of people and rely on your communication skills then there are much better avenues to pursue. There are people who make great money in sales with O'Regan's but, in my experience, the amount of time invested does not add up when compared to other careers in sales.
Fair company with an informal professional environment
Service Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 October 2017
* Shifts were typically busy from start to finish
* I started this job with minimal knowledge in the field but was trained by patient trainers and ended up learning what was required to thrive in my department
Very Inconsistent
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS and Halifax Ns20 September 2017
-Each morning we would have our team meeting. Then head to our individual offices and work on our financial files and once our turn came up for a customer I would concentrate on developing a professional relationship and make the customer feel comfortable.
My position was to sell and upsell products and services for the vehicle they purchased.
-Its hard for me to answer my opinion on management bc I was considered a floater (which means bt all 12 dealerships I was placed wherever they needed me which could be weekly or monthly). Each manager was different.
-The hardest part of my job was that it was strickly commission based and it was hard to budget my life around that.
-The most enjoyable part was working with my team mates I had met and the relationships I built with my customers.
Pros
Working independenly, as well as provided with a company car.
Cons
100% Commision based.
Decent pay and benefits, but alot of hours required
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 October 2014
Selling cars is a tough game. Not physically, but mentally. O'Regan's is probably the most procedure-driven sales group in Halifax, meaning that if you want to do things your own way, it might not be the best fit. It's a good environment for those who live to work, meaning that even your off-schedule hours are often spent at your office. Expect to work most of your Saturdays. It is a good learning environment for those new to the workforce. You're best to envision your job here as an independent salesperson able to handle things on your own, meaning that getting a car from the inventory into the clients' hands involves many steps that are best executed under your control. Hardest part of the job: negotiating buy/trade deals. Best part of the job: happy customers with new cars, and of course the pay cheque.
Pros
Employee benefits, modern facilities.
Cons
Long hours, working weekends, work without pay at times.
Slow paced only the top performer earns well even the second best is left to the wolves.
Sales and Leasing Expert (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, Nova Scotia24 July 2013
.Start at 8:30am work until 9pm sometimes.

100% commission

no paid vacation

hard to get time off even tho they pay you nothing to be there
Pros
Demo
Cons
Very long hours, cutthroat, aggressive