O'Brians Automotive Inc.

O'Brians Automotive Inc. Management reviews

Canada35 reviews

Clear

managerdaylotplacehourpeoplegoodgreat

Productive and fun place to work

Automotive Sales skills Good management Every Saturday is typical day at work Most enjoyable moment to sell a car Hardest part of the job is to satisfy customer and fullfill their need

Awful

Impossible to get your bonus as they filter everything between the three of them. They tell you too use a script and then tell you not to use it as it didn't work. They are loud and obnoxious but if someone else is then they get mad. They are not mature.

Insights into O'Brians Automotive Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Horrible

Don’t work here. Seriously. It was the most toxic work environment I’ve ever experienced. They will intentionally leave you out, there are cliques much like high school, and behind your back talking is outstanding. This is already a bad business that gives loans out to people who can’t afford them. You have to call people constantly and nag them to get a new car… you will be yelled at, cussed out and called names.Just…. Save yourself from this place.

Pros

challenging but Fun workspace and great boss

It's competitive workplace, friendly environment, and fast paced. I love working there and have been with them 6 years. Management was easy to work, of course sometimes are tough too.Concise and timely communication, help to keep everyone in the loop of outstanding, and completed tasks.Nice culture, and great boss, who understands employees' difficulties, and gives as much help as possible I would high recommend o'brians and will have a lot of fun when you joint our team

Pros

Best place for learn auto sales, and endless potential

Bad energy and not very honest working people

Morals are at an all time low here. be sure to have a pen handy when you sign your life over, because these people will do some greasy things to make money. If you are fine with lying to banks and such to make a sale then this is the place for you.

Was most definitely not the place for me after switching positions

I did not enjoy working after switching positions.. never again.. no thanks.. It was not the customers we had a lot it was management for sure........

Fun work place

fast paced environment. They are great place to work!! very welcoming and everyone helps each other. management is great to work with. I really enjoy my job and coming in everyday!!

Fun place with great managment

I love working with O'Brians. it is fast-paced, yet relaxed. the training is so comprehensive, with so much to learn. The management is fantastic, very understanding and so much fun to work with. Everyone is treated like family and it shows in the workplace culture

If you're looking for Loyalty from an employer, you can stop your search with O'Brians

With Owners that are heavily involved in the day to day operations, O'Brians offers a work environment that allows employees to grow their career at their pace. Upper Management allows for coaching from multiple levels and the daily interaction makes it easy to highlight good performance and correct mistakes. Thanks to O'Brians I was able to build a great career and life for my family and since then have been paying it forward to new hires, by helping them learn and succeed to reach their long term life goals.

This is a scam not a job

You aren't selling cars to people that need them you're scamming people with no better options into payments they can't afford for vehicles that break down after a month. They have you cold calling people in specific low income areas (usually reserves) because "they'll buy anything" as I was told or contacting people who have already bought a vehicle to trade it in for another one and those people will usually tell you to shove it. Some people would ask to have their information taken out of our system so we would stop calling them but the managers heavily discouraged this and just told us to pretend we were (this is illegal) and when I would actually take someones information off our systems I would get in trouble. Near the end I started calling a bunch of previous customers to get their take on the business and the general consensus was that the place is a scam. My roommate had a car from them and his payments went up to $200/bi-weekly at 20% interest, he was a student and $200/bi-weekly is what you pay for a new car not a used one. Not to mention I would get constant complaints about the shotty repair quality done to the vehicles and most things weren't covered by our warranty. If you aren't a sociopath this isn't the job for you. Oh and the managers are your stereotypical slimey salesman, better used car dealerships out there.

Pros

Hourly plus $500 per vehicle sold, weekends off, bbqs sometimes

Cons

Quite literally everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at O'Brians Automotive Inc.?

There’s way better jobs out there...

Don’t even know how this is classified as a “sales” job. You’re basically paid to harass people, and then get yelled at by customers because they either don’t want to hear from you again, the vehicle you sold them was garbage, or they aren’t even interested in what you can offer to sell them for a vehicle. And no, customers don’t get a say in what kind of vehicle they want. It’s picked for them. Co-workers were good. Management is horrible and gives you no training or mentoring at all. First day there you’re thrown in front of a computer and expected to call people and just know what to do. They’ll belittle you on a daily basis for doing something they didn’t even tell you not to do and favouritism is HORRIBLE in this place. Most days working hours are 9-5 or 11-8, pending you’ve made at least 80 phone calls and gotten at least 3 applications. If not, they’ll make you stay until you get it done. Also I witnessed people get fired for calling in sick so if you need to do this, you should just quit cause you’ll be let go the day you return to work. So if you love being told that nothing you do is ever good enough or going home at the end of the day feeling 2 feet tall from being yelled at all day by customers and managers, then this might be the place for you. If not, stay far away. There’s way better sales jobs out there.

Garbage job

In this "sales job" you are basically just a call center operator. They dont let you go home until you have called 80 people that day and have at least 3 applications. You are paid to harrass people. You get yelled at ALOT because people are sick of calls from you. When you do make a sale it goes to the managers to follow it through. Not to mention when you call people that have purchased through the company you get yelled at some more because they were sold a garbage vehicle. Save yourself the stress and dont work for this company.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Brians Automotive Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare O'Brians Automotive Inc. with

Learn about O'Brians Automotive Inc. in popular locations

• O'Brians Automotive Inc.