O'Brians Automotive Inc. Employee Reviews

Was most definitely not the place for me after switching positions
BDC Agent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2019
I did not enjoy working after switching positions.. never again.. no thanks.. It was not the customers we had a lot it was management for sure........
Fun work place
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 September 2019
fast paced environment. They are great place to work!! very welcoming and everyone helps each other. management is great to work with. I really enjoy my job and coming in everyday!!
Unique, challenging , proper compensation with proper effort
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  East Regina21 September 2019
Positive work environment with potential for advancement. Or be perfectly content with a well paid, challenging consultant role. You will get out what you put into it.
Fun place with great managment
Financing Specicalist (Current Employee) –  551 Victoria Avenue East20 September 2019
I love working with O'Brians. it is fast-paced, yet relaxed. the training is so comprehensive, with so much to learn. The management is fantastic, very understanding and so much fun to work with. Everyone is treated like family and it shows in the workplace culture
Happy to Work Here
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 September 2019
Great Place to Work with Incredible Coworkers, Im very lucky to have found a job where i love what i do and want to wake up and come in everyday. Fun and Varied work i get to do.
Very high stress work, was a good way to get my foot in the door, but never seemed to please the management
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 September 2019
Was a fun time just needed to move on and get into OEM. Nothing bad to say i just left for something that can open up more doors for me. It was nice to have a team that cared about building as a team, but not muich as an individual. What i mean is if you had not done great they would not give you much help with learning ways to do better, they would jsut threaten to fire you and have you stressed cause you dont know what to do to do better
great place to have a carreer
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 September 2019
great place to work, 2 days off together every week. great hours. successful and expanding rapidly, lots of room for advancement. excellent culture. good benefits.
Pros
great hours, and comensation package
Cons
more training
great place to have a carreer
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 September 2019
Pros
great hours, and comensation package
Cons
more training
If you're looking for Loyalty from an employer, you can stop your search with O'Brians
General Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 September 2019
With Owners that are heavily involved in the day to day operations, O'Brians offers a work environment that allows employees to grow their career at their pace.

Upper Management allows for coaching from multiple levels and the daily interaction makes it easy to highlight good performance and correct mistakes.

Thanks to O'Brians I was able to build a great career and life for my family and since then have been paying it forward to new hires, by helping them learn and succeed to reach their long term life goals.
Call Centre Office
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 August 2019
They are good in training new employees that have no sales experience. Your job is to yell at all calls. Can't even detail a car properly before delivery. You lost value for selling sub-standard cars to your family and friends. No room for upgrade.
Pros
Best place for learn auto sales
Cons
Longer hours
Amazing Place To Work!!
Parts/ Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 July 2019
Absolutely love this place! It’s completely fun and motivating. All your co-workers are alive and down to earth, which makes an amazing team! Teams are hard to find in a business. Managers are amazing as well. You work hard but your day flys by.
Pros
Great Team, Employee Excursions, Positive Attitude
Cons
Salary could be higher
Don't waste your time
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 May 2019
Tons of used dealerships in Saskatoon better then this place, minimal sales training, slimey sales people and if you dont make 80 calls a day and get at least 3 credit applications you can expect to work all day, don't work here if you value family time and free time. It will be taken from you. Commission off of sales isn't worth time and effort.
Pros
Vehicle experience
Cons
Managment, co workers, harrassing customers for sales, make you call same person multiple times until they ask to be removed, dont allow you to remove customers from data base (illegal) no personal time, working constantly
This is a scam not a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 May 2019
You aren't selling cars to people that need them you're scamming people with no better options into payments they can't afford for vehicles that break down after a month. They have you cold calling people in specific low income areas (usually reserves) because "they'll buy anything" as I was told or contacting people who have already bought a vehicle to trade it in for another one and those people will usually tell you to shove it. Some people would ask to have their information taken out of our system so we would stop calling them but the managers heavily discouraged this and just told us to pretend we were (this is illegal) and when I would actually take someones information off our systems I would get in trouble. Near the end I started calling a bunch of previous customers to get their take on the business and the general consensus was that the place is a scam. My roommate had a car from them and his payments went up to $200/bi-weekly at 20% interest, he was a student and $200/bi-weekly is what you pay for a new car not a used one. Not to mention I would get constant complaints about the shotty repair quality done to the vehicles and most things weren't covered by our warranty. If you aren't a sociopath this isn't the job for you. Oh and the managers are your stereotypical slimey salesman, better used car dealerships out there.
Pros
Hourly plus $500 per vehicle sold, weekends off, bbqs sometimes
Cons
Quite literally everything else
There’s way better jobs out there...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 May 2019
Don’t even know how this is classified as a “sales” job. You’re basically paid to harass people, and then get yelled at by customers because they either don’t want to hear from you again, the vehicle you sold them was garbage, or they aren’t even interested in what you can offer to sell them for a vehicle. And no, customers don’t get a say in what kind of vehicle they want. It’s picked for them. Co-workers were good. Management is horrible and gives you no training or mentoring at all. First day there you’re thrown in front of a computer and expected to call people and just know what to do. They’ll belittle you on a daily basis for doing something they didn’t even tell you not to do and favouritism is HORRIBLE in this place. Most days working hours are 9-5 or 11-8, pending you’ve made at least 80 phone calls and gotten at least 3 applications. If not, they’ll make you stay until you get it done. Also I witnessed people get fired for calling in sick so if you need to do this, you should just quit cause you’ll be let go the day you return to work. So if you love being told that nothing you do is ever good enough or going home at the end of the day feeling 2 feet tall from being yelled at all day by customers and managers, then this might be the place for you. If not, stay far away. There’s way better sales jobs out there.
Cons
great people and lots of money to be made
Onsite Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 March 2019
O'Brians opened my eyes to the sales world.
boosted my confidence and allowed me to be confident as a sales rep.
the managers are very driven people that only want to see you succeed and will help where they can to grow your sales career.
Pros
you are in charge of how busy you get
Cons
long hours (potentially) being willing to deliver a vehicle from time to time
Garbage job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK11 January 2019
In this "sales job" you are basically just a call center operator. They dont let you go home until you have called 80 people that day and have at least 3 applications. You are paid to harrass people. You get yelled at ALOT because people are sick of calls from you. When you do make a sale it goes to the managers to follow it through. Not to mention when you call people that have purchased through the company you get yelled at some more because they were sold a garbage vehicle. Save yourself the stress and dont work for this company.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Great Place To Start In Sales
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 December 2018
Obrians is a great place to learn about sales when you are just starting out they teach you a lot of what you need to know when building a relationship with your customer and how to continue to keep the relationship building with them .
Pros
good wages
Cons
long days
Good introduction to sales
On-site Vehicle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2018
Good introduction to competitive sales. Not much room to advance in the company. Not a lot of job security, very long hours with little to moderate compensation.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 August 2017
Automotive Sales skills
Good management
Every Saturday is typical day at work
Most enjoyable moment to sell a car
Hardest part of the job is to satisfy customer and fullfill their need