nZone Media

nZone Media Employee Reviews

good environment and completive salary
Very friendly and welcoming culture, lots of opportunities for personal development and career growth and workplace flexibility.
The challenges

Mammoth matrix organisation to get your head around, excessive meetings and clunky approval process.
No room for advancement, very male driven, toxic environment
Unless you're a man that works for this company, there is very little to no room for advancement. I was bullied there and HR does barely anything to resolve the situation. I wasted almost 5 years of my life for a company that does not treat all their employees fairly. Unless you're friends with the management then there is possibities for you. Very toxic environment, I wouldn't recommend to anyone to go work for this company.
Pros
xmas and summer parties
Cons
everything else including pay
Some great coworkers but highschool atmosphere
For a first job this place will give you a good base. Training is done well to get you going with tons of knowledge and support in the beginning.

As long as you're not outspoken or a born leader you'll make it past the three month probation. Keep in mind you have to be a yes man to do so and then you are left on your own. Very little refresher courses for older staff even though policies and procedures are constantly changing you are just expected to know. If you dont pick up the changes as quickly as they would like or if you are not liked by one of the leadership; they will find ways to discourage you so that you will leave on your own or even worse assign tasks they know you dont have the training for to encourage errors as reasons to fire you. They discard employees with no remorse and if you want a promotion you better hope you're in the "in" crowd or it won't happen. The odd time someone will have earned thier promotion but I wont lie and say that it doesn't. You also need to apply to other departments with caution as this will be another means to fire you as you are put back on a 3-6 month probation, leaving an opening for you to be discarded and no reason required.

All and all if you are looking to get your feet wet and have some fun it's a great start but no place if you are looking for a career.
Pros
No bridge trafficif you live off of the island of montreal
Cons
No stability, no recognition and no room to work your way up
Good for temp employment
Colleagues are friendly but that's about it for the positives.
IT is the worst, HR is the worst, Management are borderline clueless. Only take a job there if you plan on it being temporary.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
distance
3 December 2018
Thanks for your comment!

At nZone, we do our best to help foster our talent and bring our employees to the next level. There are many different outlets in which concerned employees could reach out with any issues and we strongly encourage our talent to speak their minds.

We thank you for your comment as we continue to better ourselves at employee engagement.
No trust for Employees and Poor Culture
The employees are fine, but there is really something fishy and shady about their business practices.
The company is far from Montreal with a very limited or no access to transportation which is never on time. They hire and fire people even without any warnings, if someone doesn't like you, you will get fired. A really pity work culture, where no training is provided to employees.

It's into some shady business. If you are not getting a job anywhere in Canada, Join this place as the last resort.

And no in-house restaurant.

Bad management company.

Too many things are hitting to employees.

No career development. (No professional training, no plan for employees to reach next level)
3 December 2018
At nZone, we have a very strong learning and development program where we put our employees engagement first. There are multiple different outlets for employees to grow as individuals, not just professionally, but personally too!

We assure you that all business practices are completely legitimate and there is nothing 'shady' about how we operate.

We foster a multi-cultural environment where we invite people of all diverse groups to be a part of our organization. This is not a 'last resort' in any shape, it's a part of our DNA.

We thank you for your comment and wish you the best in your endeavours going forward. We're constantly trying to improve our practices so any feedback is appreciated.
Results never match the promises
Total disregard for employees efforts and ability to work through the non-stop changes and revolving management line. Most have no clue what they are doing but expect everyone to deliver results as if working in a well oiled machine. Somehow manage to hire talented individuals that eventually get frustrated and leave.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Management is a joke
Excellent place to learn
Is a great place with friendly atmosphere, always with new technology, constant improvements. The management team always wants the best from you.
If you want to advance in your technical field this is the best place to work!!!
Pros
Free parking no french co-workers
Cons
Needs to improve preformance review
Excellent opportunity for English employees
Beautiful office environment overlooking the water.
Excellent opportunity to learn a new exciting industry

Fast-paced working environment - the days fly past

Able to work with minimum supervision

Lots of opportunity to shine
Pros
Free Fruit 2x per week, free sparkling water and coffee/espresso, free parking, full benefits, decent salary
Cons
Commute can be tough but flex hours help
Great place to work for
This is an amazing company to work for with a unique way of doing things. If you are competent dans dedicated you can expect to be listen to and go up in the company.

They are good benefits and the overall atmosphere is great with an open door policy allowing you to interact with senior management
Pros
Benefits, opportunities, atmosphere
they just use your mind and never give you credit
If you think you will get a proper training? forget about it!

If you are a hard worker and you will get appreciate? forget about it!

If you think you will be respected or trusted? forget about it!

If you think your boss will motivate you? forget about it! they know how to manage things, but they don't know how to manage people.

If you do care your performance review? go somewhere else, in this organization, your boss will just give you a rate based on what he thought. If he/she doesn't like you, poor you.

Salary range, above the average of the market for customer service role, if you are looking for a technical position, go somewhere else, you can find a way better salary (30-50%) with a less technical requirement in downtown.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly, 3 weeks vacation, no french
Cons
No trust, hard to get support, office political games, upstart style
26 September 2018
Thanks for your review. Feedback is always appreciated and please take note we take all inquiries very seriously.

At nZone Media, we make every effort to cultivate a culture of togetherness. We strive hard to allow employees to express themselves accordingly and the team is always here to hear out any concerns.

We truly value our employees and the hard work they put in, and that is displayed through the many efforts we make in developing, training and getting our staff to excel in their roles. We ensure best practices are always played out to help our team members get to the next level they want to be at. Performance reviews and coaching sessions are always encouraged and are a part of the value system we have in place.
Intense work setting, fun atmosphere, great co-workers.
If you're someone who doesn't mind alternating scheduling, and occasionally dealing with angry customers you'll probably gel well with the company.

The training offered to prep you for the job is really well collaborated. You start out with a theory component, then move on to on the floor training with someone shadowing you during the process to help you work out your kinks.

Management is very friendly and accommodating to their employees.

Workplace culture is pretty much family culture. Everyone is very much involved in friendships and doing regular outings together.

The toughest part of the job is not having weekends off. Although it's something that can happen by coincidence or by request, you're not very likely to get saturday or sunday off. The company itself however makes up for this negative aspect by doing regular team building sessions and hosting extremely extravagant and fun filled holiday parties.
Pros
co-workers, salary, holiday parties, team building
Cons
shift scheduling, not likely to have weekends off.
Excellent benefits including RRSP matching program, health/dental coverage and also other benefits like free fruit, coffee & carbonated water. A game room with video games and foosball. Annual summer and holiday parties, company sports days and quarterly team building events.

Awesome company culture, competitive salary, great work/life balance. Ability to work from home, generous flex & vacation time. Many opportunities for advancement.
Such a great place to work !
I love working here. it is the perfect combination of fun, challenging and meaningful.The people make the work great ! Never seen such a great mesh of demographics and cultures come together . There is opportunity to grow within my own department as well as other departments if I decide to change my career path.
Work life balance is great, I have the option to work from home, I have flex time if I need it .

The benefits are good too!They offer a health and wellness program, where they give us $$ a year to use on anything that makes us feel good (like gym membership, yoga or dance classes)

They also have a group matching RRSP program which is awesome.
Pros
free fruit, benefits, team building activities, great people
Cons
managers need more coaching
No room for advancement and poor health plan
Great environment and parties
No job security and high turnover

Unskilled and poor management

Low advancement opportunities

HR is useless

Shady practices
Pros
Free parking and coffee
Cons
HR is non existent, bad management, lack of talented employees
Upper Management has complete disregard for its employees
This company has a high turnover and people are discarded without any remorse. It is not a career company,as It is also involved in very shady activities and carries a bad reputation. On the other hand, if you are jobless and just arrived to the country and has no other on the table then go for it, but keep looking for something better.
Pros
Great Parties
Cons
Very high turnover
Okay if you have no skills, first job, no french
HR has very little interest being a support to their employees. Its an okay place if you're starting work, or need something temporarily. Pays well. Colleague atmosphere is great, management is complete garbage. Advancement is available often, just make sure you always fake smile your managers. Don't trust their sweet talk, behind closed doors they trash talk a lot of people. Training is very detailed, and support on floor is always ready. You will be doing work more on the shady aspect. Ethics is out of the door. they will give you a few notices for your mistakes, if you don't fix them and not do them again (even minor), you're fired without a notice.
Pros
Free coffee, nice parties, good atmosphere, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Very far, sneaky and shady business, management is a joke, horrible scheduling
Excited to come to work every day!
As an IT person, it's very cool to be always working with the newest cutting edge technology.

The environment is dynamic and challenging, never a dull moment.

Management does actually care about the employees and strives to strike the right work/life balance.

The people that I work with are super smart, some of the best I've worked with in the industry, always willing to share information and help each other. I am always learning something new from my colleagues.

I'm actually excited to go to work every day and feel like what I do makes a difference.

If you are a quick learner and can thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment, this place is awesome and the right place for you.

If you are looking for a place to coast by and hide under the radar, you won't last long.
Pros
Cool tech, cool people, free parking, reverse direction of rush hour traffic.
Cons
Wish there was a better choice of restaurants around. Some days its a bit too fast pace

Great environment

Always new technology at your fingertips

You learn a lot there

Perfect for someone wanting to go opensource
Pros
People, outings
Cons
supporting major events (work related) but people make it fun
good company but far away
the management relies a lot on coworkers to supervise each the new employees which makes the work not motivated enough!
the manager was busy often times that you can't get enough support
Pros
good perks
Cons
far away
Poor management in IT and no trust for employees
This company is run like a joke. A few former young employees on a high horse, employees selected with no management experience. Shady practices, no respect for people or different nationalities. You won't be chosen if you don't drink, and you can be fired for wearing the wrong colour jacket. And yes, it's far from Montreal with limited transport. It's small but a very political company. I spoke to many employees who also used to work there and had same feedback. HR girls did a great job at selling then position. Things quickly change once you start.
Pros
Good developers
Cons
No respect or trust for employees
Very low chances for advance
Best asset is the people working for them.
Pays good and demands as well.

Very low tolerance for mistakes.

My manager wanted always the best of me. Made me grow a lot as professional and also helped me to increase my standards.
Pros
People is the best asset, HR reunites the best people and everybody need to fit to company needs/culture
Cons
a bit far from every where