Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews

Canada140 reviews
pays ok for beginner, but will not increase for few years, they got all the excuse not to increase your pay no matter how well you are working. You would get oral appriciation if you really did good, but no pay increase.
If you're looking for a minimum wage job where you're constantly under pressure to meet sales goals and budgets and have co-workers steal your sales then this is the place for you!
Get used to doing everything on your own because there is no "team spirit" in most retail/commission based businesses and this is one of them.

No matter what you did, it was never enough!

Very negative environment to work in.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
back stabbing co-workers
Not a company I would recommend working for but I did gain a lot of experience.
I kept busy all of the time and really liked that part of the job.

Met some good people there.
Commission based company created other people stealing sales and not a nice atmosphere. They expect you to not have a life and if you bring issues up your hours are cut. The pay isnt very good for what they expect you to do and overall unless you work peak shifts you dont make anyclothing credits. Upper management isnt there to support you and they micro manage everything! No room to grow in the company...they would rather hire from the outside than promote on the inside and they do not stand up for their people at all. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Get out while you can.
All associates are required to use the nygard dictionary in all communication emails . Love it, live it and you will be safe. Employees are nice. Enjoy.
I enjoyed working for Nygard. My supervisor was fantastic. Twice a year during PDC (March and September) work could get very demanding and stressful, but working here was generally smooth. Breaks were strict, Employees receive an amazing discount on clothing. I would work for Nygard again if I had the chance.
Love my job , love my coworkers and managers. Great place to work.
Yes some times the hours suck.but that's with all retail you have your down times.

Great loyal customers., Love helping customers find their outfits. Clothing credits are a great help as is the employee discount...

Love my job at Nygard.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
Not enough hours at times
I have never worked for a company like this before, so disrespectful towards their employees no wonder no one stays long working here. The district manager is unreal and two faced. This company expects their staff to jump at every little thing . Awful place to work.
Pros
Clothes
Cons
Poor management, not enough pay.
If you are self motivated, it can be a great place to work depending on SR Exec you report to. I was giving many opportunities to take on different challenges. But as a former peer said, you need to watch how close you get to the sun.
Pros
Highly motivated people can make a difference but very demanding
Cons
Long hours & poor culture
Not a good place to work .Stay away. No hrs, management are bullies. Expected to work alone with no break if you work a long shift.Sales goals are too high and not realistic. Lucky if you get one , two shifts a week.
Pros
Costumers. Some of the clothing is nice. Coworkers.
Cons
You never know whats going to happen. No hours. Min 3 hrs shift if your lu cky.
The manager here is terrible she have split personality. We have to meet our goal for the day which is impossible. Management don't support the people that is working very hard to meet up with their expectations. Poor salary offer. Keep looking for a better job. There's no career advancement.
Pros
Free clothing credits
Cons
Not enough hours
Great company to work for. Clothing and commission incentives, flexible hours, many stores to choose to work in. Friendly and upbeat environment to work in with many opportunities for advancement.
Learned a lot while I worked there from the manager and the assist manager. The district manager is terrible always negative does not even try to work with the store staff. I believe the company would be one hundred percent better with better upper management. Puts way to much stress on the stores and never follows thru on what you are promised when hired.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
terrible upper management
I enjoyed working for Nygard due to the clientele which were mostly the elderly. Management at the time was well organized, The hardest part working there was the fitting rooms and the flooring needed to be update
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
In an old shopping mall that needed upgrading
Good place to work, friendly environment good atmosphere.
Great management program, learning and progression. Casual, fun, enjoyable all around job.
No work/ life balance. Low wages, and impossible expectations. Little support from upper management. Promise a bonus structure that is impossible to meet.
Not a good company to work for. Keep looking!
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
Low wages, no respect, horrible experience
Was fun. To work customers. But upper management did not care about staff or how hard managers worked to make the budgets. Always expect.way to much. Used my truck for different events and never got thanks or compensated for.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Hard to get proper days off. Due to lack of hours plus wages not great.
I prefer not to answer-thank you. We have a confidentiality cause as part of our employment package, and therefore no information can be shared regarding this company.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I regret accepting the job I held at their head office. NYGARD has an abusive, unethical, unprofessional and corrupt culture within every single department. They break every possible employment law and they continue to get away with it.
Cons
Unpaid overtime is expected on a regular basis for non management roles, below industry standard pay, bonuses are falsely promised, poor leadership and management, employment standards are sub-par
It has been more than 10 years I work in a customer service filed . I learned a lot, To be a part of management I learned how to manage your co worker as friendly team, to make sure the job should be done in a friendly environment . How to be productive. The most enjoyable part of job is to meet different type of people every day and deal with them in their own way to make them happy.
Expect a lot from lower management, company does not give you the tools you need to be successful. if you want them, it comes out of your pocket. Follow ups with superiors were never answer. Money was horrible for what was require. Customers were the best part of the job.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No raises, expectations were unreal
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nygard International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7