Nygard International

Nygard International Work-life balance reviews

toxic environment to work in, but a very good compensation working more than 12 to 14 hour a day, sometimes 3 weeks in a row with no rest and reasonable expectations
Very racist. Very critical. Expect you to do all the grunt work without giving you enough hours to live off of. Work every weekend every holiday. Manager will take her life problems out on you.
Great people to work with, but the work life balance must change. Putting in 15 hour days for weeks at a time. Upper management always changing structure and guidelines making deadlines unachievable
Workplace culture is only workable if you have the emotional maturity to not take things personally and you have an incredibly thick skin. The work is challenging and enjoyable.
If an opportunity to work here presents itself, don’t walk away.... Run away. The culture is designed around a year end bonus that is pre-determined. Then throughout the year, they look for ways to penalize you to take the bonus away from you, a little at a time. If you are late (even 1 minute) for your shift, you are penalized. If you make an administration error, any little thing, another penalty. I creates a bizarre and toxic culture to work in.
My immediate superiors look after the welfare of their subordinates. They are considerate and promote work-life balance. Co-workers are team players and are patient especially to newly hired personnel.
This is a place where it is "Do as I say, not as I do, and DO NOT, under any circumstances question ANYTHING you are told to do." They don't even like it when you question a directive so you can understand the who, what, why and how of the directive. They do not encourage expanding your horizons so you can move withing the company or grow as a productive employee.
This company offers a great work culture with the core values of employee engagement, growth mindset, supportive, rewarding your efforts, recognize your talent and strongly believes in open communication.
Good company to start out in. The people are great to work with. They create a team environment. Good place if you are a self starter and a self learner.
One thing you stay for at NYGÅRD are the people. Depending on your position, you may have some low work/life balance, however you control your own career.
no salary increase for 3 years, potential bonuses were not paid out in time.huge employee turn over.company reputation is not very good.no chance for career advancement.employees are overworked and underpaid.outdated systems in use.
Pros
no lay-offs
Cons
long hours on PDC events...no overtime pay
in terms of schedules. when you ask 1 month ahead for your requested off and manager still give shifts on the day of your requested off!! it pissess me off because she said ok i will mard it down to the fact that we posted our vacation request on sheets besides where they put the schedules.
The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. At. All. Very poor communication and zero organization. The entire place thrives on crisis management, and, if on the occasion something actually went well, it would certainly very soon fall apart. You could be fired or promoted at anytime depending on the mood of the room. So-called “meetings” would go on for hours and hours with no end resolve, and if a final decision was ever made; it would surely change direction the very next day. Chaos, pressure, gossip, hostility, employee turnover (usually employees taking legitimate stress leave) run rampant. If anything was ever questioned, the solid company motto is; “we’ve been doing it this way for over 50 years”. I witnessed a ton of skilled, quality people come and go. I suppose though, if you have very thick skin, can turn a blind eye to a LOT, don’t mind being criticized for minimal pay while having your time wasted, you may have a chance of survival.
Pros
Adrenaline rush on a daily.
Cons
Your overall health will suffer.
Long hours are expected during PDC & Line Closing with no compensation. Our clothing allowance, the Christmas lunch & the annual family picnic have been taken away. Nygard is not a good company to work for.
Great place to work - extra hours are expected must be detailed oriented associates are amazing travel is expected minimum of 5 day travel good work life balance
Pros
work life balance
Cons
crunch time many hours
I Truely respect the direction this company takes.!involvinag all levels of employees to become a real part of a team environment. Although some can be a little bit clicky at times I t takes perseverance to get through. Great career opportunities. Wish I was back
Pros
Learn all aspect of the fashion industry
Cons
To many long tenured employees afraid of change
We did the usual work for a womans apparel store and should have been paid MORE. The most enjoyable part of my job as a amanager was doing out of store events. Would have liked MORE support from HO on organizing them.
Pros
lovely work environment
Cons
long hours for management
If you are self motivated, it can be a great place to work depending on SR Exec you report to. I was giving many opportunities to take on different challenges. But as a former peer said, you need to watch how close you get to the sun.
Pros
Highly motivated people can make a difference but very demanding
Cons
Long hours & poor culture
Not a good place to work .Stay away. No hrs, management are bullies. Expected to work alone with no break if you work a long shift.Sales goals are too high and not realistic. Lucky if you get one , two shifts a week.
Pros
Costumers. Some of the clothing is nice. Coworkers.
Cons
You never know whats going to happen. No hours. Min 3 hrs shift if your lu cky.
The manager here is terrible she have split personality. We have to meet our goal for the day which is impossible. Management don't support the people that is working very hard to meet up with their expectations. Poor salary offer. Keep looking for a better job. There's no career advancement.
Pros
Free clothing credits
Cons
Not enough hours
Great company to work for. Clothing and commission incentives, flexible hours, many stores to choose to work in. Friendly and upbeat environment to work in with many opportunities for advancement.