Nygard International

Nygard International Pay & benefits reviews

pays ok for beginner, but will not increase for few years, they got all the excuse not to increase your pay no matter how well you are working. You would get oral appriciation if you really did good, but no pay increase.
Very racist. Very critical. Expect you to do all the grunt work without giving you enough hours to live off of. Work every weekend every holiday. Manager will take her life problems out on you.
toxic environment to work in, but a very good compensation working more than 12 to 14 hour a day, sometimes 3 weeks in a row with no rest and reasonable expectations
As a member of its media creation team, mostly at the photostudio, it was fun working there. Good people, good manager, good facility for employees are the strength.
Wide public announcement about how company is so great giving employees 5 Friday's off over the summer. Will employees have to use vacation No, will employees get paid yes. Did employees get screwed - yes 4 months later they are deducting our sick time for these days off. Very low moral rate. Management won't address any concerns to the workers. Yet they claim open door policy. Company demands workers work overtime without pay but then fines people for being late even one second. High turnover. Late paying annual bonuses You have to stay late to finish your work and meeting even in the weekends BUT NO PAY
If you like clothing and helping people this is a wonderful company to work for. If you are hoping for more than minimum wage while holding a part time position, it's not going to happen. A generous staff discount on the clothes and a hit and miss opportunity for commission, is considered enough. Low wage aside, I still enjoyed the work and customers so It just depends on personal preference.
Horrible place to work. Competitive unfriendly environment, manager is lazy, leaves early everyday, makes everyone do everything for her and takes credit for it. This company is very disorganized, very demanding even for a part time and the pay is minimal. They will make you work extra non paid hours. Head office has "barbecue day" every week while the staff at stores who are really working hard to make the sales are ignored. Don't expect a Christmas dinner for your store team! Do yourself a favor and do not waste your precious time with this company that does not recognize the real hard working people.
Pros
Free clothes that you will never wear out of work
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic expectations, unfriendly commission based environment
Expectations unreasonable Benefits unbefitting a professional role Wages insufficient to make a living No increase offered until resignation tendered even after positive review approved Management behaviours: undermining, rarely supportive, implied threat of job loss is constant Occupational health & safety = 0
no salary increase for 3 years, potential bonuses were not paid out in time.huge employee turn over.company reputation is not very good.no chance for career advancement.employees are overworked and underpaid.outdated systems in use.
Pros
no lay-offs
Cons
long hours on PDC events...no overtime pay
Lack of training, stress to make and do way more ..out of pocket money, your just a number not a person, benefits for full time ..raises never given, I know this from experience and you don't matter as a person.
Pros
clothing credit
Cons
the stress
I worked at a Nygard Fashion Park for 5 years and throughout that time witnessed numerous managers come and go, filled in for management twice (once as a PT sales associate for 5 months, who worked 44 hours a week and was then denied a FT position that was publicly posted). Many of the women I worked with (who were the best part of my job and what kept me around for 5 years) had issues with HR or upper management and then would be walked out instead of having the issues addressed. I was owed a retro-active raise for 14 months due to taking on extra responsibility in tough times and NEVER saw the money. If you end up at a location with a solid manager who will stand up for you, its not so bad.... but otherwise... applicants beware.
Pros
Clothing credits and commission
Cons
Corrupt management
This store goes through staff like kids eating candy. Frequent management turnover and more frequent part time turnover due to utter lack of empathy from Managers for employee health, family issues or scheduled appointments. Schedule changes daily with no communication to affected staff. This store expects total commitment from part time staff for minimum wage and no benefits. Managers never seem to have an issue stealing sales or scheduling their own time off. In six months I was the only employee that had never taken a sick day, always came in for last minute staff fill in, worked whenever asked and over the summer was basically one of two employees working due to manager quitting. The store hasn't had an Assistant Manager since Aug. Regional Manager comes in often yet never takes time to ask employees if any improvements are needed. Due to a family emergency I needed to take 24 Dec off and Manager was more concerned that it would impact her own hours that day, and basically told the best employee she had to "decide what I wanted to do about working in New Year" which is Tanjay code for "and don't bother coming back". Don't waste your time working here. This store will likely end up closing down if head office doesn't start recognizing the problems.
Pros
Cons
long shifts, low pay, lack of respect
Fun place to work, very generous discount and clothing allowance. Always new merchandise coming in. Company offers benefits and flexible hours. Company welcomes ideas and input from all staff typical day, serving customers helping them with their purchases hardest part of the job, juggling schedules for staff availability Most enjoyable part of the job: seeing how happy the ladies are with their purchases.
Pros
Great customers, manager who works along side you and explains everthing
Cons
there is none
Long hours are expected during PDC & Line Closing with no compensation. Our clothing allowance, the Christmas lunch & the annual family picnic have been taken away. Nygard is not a good company to work for.
Great place to work - extra hours are expected must be detailed oriented associates are amazing travel is expected minimum of 5 day travel good work life balance
Pros
work life balance
Cons
crunch time many hours
I enjoyed working for Nygard. My supervisor was fantastic. Twice a year during PDC (March and September) work could get very demanding and stressful, but working here was generally smooth. Breaks were strict, Employees receive an amazing discount on clothing. I would work for Nygard again if I had the chance.
The manager here is terrible she have split personality. We have to meet our goal for the day which is impossible. Management don't support the people that is working very hard to meet up with their expectations. Poor salary offer. Keep looking for a better job. There's no career advancement.
Pros
Free clothing credits
Cons
Not enough hours
Great company to work for. Clothing and commission incentives, flexible hours, many stores to choose to work in. Friendly and upbeat environment to work in with many opportunities for advancement.
Learned a lot while I worked there from the manager and the assist manager. The district manager is terrible always negative does not even try to work with the store staff. I believe the company would be one hundred percent better with better upper management. Puts way to much stress on the stores and never follows thru on what you are promised when hired.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
terrible upper management
No work/ life balance. Low wages, and impossible expectations. Little support from upper management. Promise a bonus structure that is impossible to meet. Not a good company to work for. Keep looking!
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
Low wages, no respect, horrible experience
Was fun. To work customers. But upper management did not care about staff or how hard managers worked to make the budgets. Always expect.way to much. Used my truck for different events and never got thanks or compensated for.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Hard to get proper days off. Due to lack of hours plus wages not great.