Nygard International

Nygard International Job security & advancement reviews

One thing you stay for at NYGÅRD are the people. Depending on your position, you may have some low work/life balance, however you control your own career.
Nothing else is needed, they filed for bankruptcy. It is amazing that it took this long, I worked there 21 years ago and it was a terrible company back then.
Pros
Cons
Abuse by Management
This is a place where it is "Do as I say, not as I do, and DO NOT, under any circumstances question ANYTHING you are told to do." They don't even like it when you question a directive so you can understand the who, what, why and how of the directive. They do not encourage expanding your horizons so you can move withing the company or grow as a productive employee.
This company offers a great work culture with the core values of employee engagement, growth mindset, supportive, rewarding your efforts, recognize your talent and strongly believes in open communication.
Good company to start out in. The people are great to work with. They create a team environment. Good place if you are a self starter and a self learner.
no salary increase for 3 years, potential bonuses were not paid out in time.huge employee turn over.company reputation is not very good.no chance for career advancement.employees are overworked and underpaid.outdated systems in use.
Pros
no lay-offs
Cons
long hours on PDC events...no overtime pay
in terms of schedules. when you ask 1 month ahead for your requested off and manager still give shifts on the day of your requested off!! it pissess me off because she said ok i will mard it down to the fact that we posted our vacation request on sheets besides where they put the schedules.
The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. At. All. Very poor communication and zero organization. The entire place thrives on crisis management, and, if on the occasion something actually went well, it would certainly very soon fall apart. You could be fired or promoted at anytime depending on the mood of the room. So-called “meetings” would go on for hours and hours with no end resolve, and if a final decision was ever made; it would surely change direction the very next day. Chaos, pressure, gossip, hostility, employee turnover (usually employees taking legitimate stress leave) run rampant. If anything was ever questioned, the solid company motto is; “we’ve been doing it this way for over 50 years”. I witnessed a ton of skilled, quality people come and go. I suppose though, if you have very thick skin, can turn a blind eye to a LOT, don’t mind being criticized for minimal pay while having your time wasted, you may have a chance of survival.
Pros
Adrenaline rush on a daily.
Cons
Your overall health will suffer.
Lack of training, stress to make and do way more ..out of pocket money, your just a number not a person, benefits for full time ..raises never given, I know this from experience and you don't matter as a person.
Pros
clothing credit
Cons
the stress
I worked at a Nygard Fashion Park for 5 years and throughout that time witnessed numerous managers come and go, filled in for management twice (once as a PT sales associate for 5 months, who worked 44 hours a week and was then denied a FT position that was publicly posted). Many of the women I worked with (who were the best part of my job and what kept me around for 5 years) had issues with HR or upper management and then would be walked out instead of having the issues addressed. I was owed a retro-active raise for 14 months due to taking on extra responsibility in tough times and NEVER saw the money. If you end up at a location with a solid manager who will stand up for you, its not so bad.... but otherwise... applicants beware.
Pros
Clothing credits and commission
Cons
Corrupt management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nygard International?
Great pay. Nice office. Great coffee maker. Workout class during lunch break. Office in a great area. Our administration is very accommodating and helps a lot especially when our departments needed their help.
First job experience out of university. Great management team however there are many policies and procedures that are not commonly practiced. Allowed exposure to many different areas of the business.
Great place to work - extra hours are expected must be detailed oriented associates are amazing travel is expected minimum of 5 day travel good work life balance
Pros
work life balance
Cons
crunch time many hours
I Truely respect the direction this company takes.!involvinag all levels of employees to become a real part of a team environment. Although some can be a little bit clicky at times I t takes perseverance to get through. Great career opportunities. Wish I was back
Pros
Learn all aspect of the fashion industry
Cons
To many long tenured employees afraid of change
Not a company I would recommend working for but I did gain a lot of experience. I kept busy all of the time and really liked that part of the job. Met some good people there.
The manager here is terrible she have split personality. We have to meet our goal for the day which is impossible. Management don't support the people that is working very hard to meet up with their expectations. Poor salary offer. Keep looking for a better job. There's no career advancement.
Pros
Free clothing credits
Cons
Not enough hours
Great company to work for. Clothing and commission incentives, flexible hours, many stores to choose to work in. Friendly and upbeat environment to work in with many opportunities for advancement.
Good place to work, friendly environment good atmosphere. Great management program, learning and progression. Casual, fun, enjoyable all around job.
I prefer not to answer-thank you. We have a confidentiality cause as part of our employment package, and therefore no information can be shared regarding this company.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Expect a lot from lower management, company does not give you the tools you need to be successful. if you want them, it comes out of your pocket. Follow ups with superiors were never answer. Money was horrible for what was require. Customers were the best part of the job.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No raises, expectations were unreal
Wage 11.40 no raise even after a year Employees negative due to the way they are treated by area manager Turn over very high Environment air conditioner broke over 3 weeks now... it's over 89 on some days...very poor quality of air and no fans brought in Area manger very disrespectful/rude to staff and talks about everyone behind there back, lies to staff and her boss...and she steals cloths...karma will bite this lady in the behind Recommendations to work there Absolutely NOT!