Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews

pays ok for beginner, but will not increase for few years, they got all the excuse not to increase your pay no matter how well you are working. You would get oral appriciation if you really did good, but no pay increase.
Nothing else is needed, they filed for bankruptcy. It is amazing that it took this long, I worked there 21 years ago and it was a terrible company back then.
Pros
Cons
Abuse by Management
Great working environment great people awesome team work great management beautiful clothes FANTASTIC customers best clothing store to work at Awesome co-workers
Pros
Great hours
It was a great place to work the store was always busy the customers were great we were in a mall in a great location upper management was really nice staff that work there were great and everybody got along just well
Pros
Cons
Had to as about weekends off
not a lot of customers but the other workers are nice. the hardest part is having to push on customers to buy because you need to fill your quota of sells
Very racist. Very critical. Expect you to do all the grunt work without giving you enough hours to live off of. Work every weekend every holiday. Manager will take her life problems out on you.
toxic environment to work in, but a very good compensation working more than 12 to 14 hour a day, sometimes 3 weeks in a row with no rest and reasonable expectations
The best part of the job was getting to know you clients who were mostly of the older crowd. They became your friends and would stop in just to say "hello". I would tell the truth about how an outfit looks , if asked, whereas not all staff have the same discretion. Hardest part of the job was the aggressiveness of certain individuals, who would steal your customer , right from under you. I also loved the discounts and the commission perks.
Cons
lack of fairness re: scheduling and night shifts
Great people to work with, but the work life balance must change. Putting in 15 hour days for weeks at a time. Upper management always changing structure and guidelines making deadlines unachievable
laid off large percentage of workforce due to COVID-19 and 2 days later the company was ordered into receivership. Executive Management team does not appreciate staff, no collaborative culture. No direction or coaching provided from Executive Managment -- dictate of what to do and when. Stressful environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nygard International?
Workplace culture is only workable if you have the emotional maturity to not take things personally and you have an incredibly thick skin. The work is challenging and enjoyable.
As a member of its media creation team, mostly at the photostudio, it was fun working there. Good people, good manager, good facility for employees are the strength.
worst place to work at!! they sneaky cut your hours and the managers never stay more than 2 months. literally do not work here, head office is messed.
Manager has no clue at all what she is doing. Training was extremely extremely lacking and it seems the manager would rather not accept responsibility for under training her employees. I was left alone and barely trained at all for one of my first shifts in the holiday season. I had little to no help. I had to resort to contacting the manager or a coworker via phone for assistance when I should’ve just been trained properly. Customers also happen to be rude and demand discounts . I would say stay away from here. Peter Nygard’s brand is falling apart anyways due to recent accusations. These stores most likely won’t be open for much longer. Unprofessional and just sad.
Good experience lots of travel seen a lot of deferent places meet lots of people make lots of friends very good environment learnt lots of new things really good experience
Nygard International is a joke. The owner is a disgusting person whose behaviour trickles down to management. If you want to work in a stressful, mocking & inhumane environment then Nygard International is for you. I’ve seen coworkers been called stupid & mocked to fellow employees by the owner himself. Profanity against employees is the norm. Bonuses are promised but never paid.
il manque beaucoup d'employée ce qui fait que souvent le travail est mal fait car celle qui y travail ne sont pas nécessairement les plus compétentes
Pros
flexibilité
Cons
peu d'investissement
If an opportunity to work here presents itself, don’t walk away.... Run away. The culture is designed around a year end bonus that is pre-determined. Then throughout the year, they look for ways to penalize you to take the bonus away from you, a little at a time. If you are late (even 1 minute) for your shift, you are penalized. If you make an administration error, any little thing, another penalty. I creates a bizarre and toxic culture to work in.
I Have so much I would like to say about this place. Like how they dont care about you or their employees, how they are sneaky and cut hours without warning. How favorites is a thing to management. How they Love their title's but hate their responsibility. And how they make everything that goes wrong in the store, somehow your fault.
My immediate superiors look after the welfare of their subordinates. They are considerate and promote work-life balance. Co-workers are team players and are patient especially to newly hired personnel.
Wide public announcement about how company is so great giving employees 5 Friday's off over the summer. Will employees have to use vacation No, will employees get paid yes. Did employees get screwed - yes 4 months later they are deducting our sick time for these days off. Very low moral rate. Management won't address any concerns to the workers. Yet they claim open door policy. Company demands workers work overtime without pay but then fines people for being late even one second. High turnover. Late paying annual bonuses You have to stay late to finish your work and meeting even in the weekends BUT NO PAY