Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager10 reviews
Canada10 reviews
A company that is passionate about profitable sales through internal and external marketing events to build brand awareness.
Strives to achieve the ultimate shopping experience for all customers
This is a place where it is "Do as I say, not as I do, and DO NOT, under any circumstances question ANYTHING you are told to do." They don't even like it when you question a directive so you can understand the who, what, why and how of the directive. They do not encourage expanding your horizons so you can move withing the company or grow as a productive employee.
Expectations unreasonable
Benefits unbefitting a professional role

Wages insufficient to make a living

No increase offered until resignation tendered even after positive review approved

Management behaviours: undermining, rarely supportive, implied threat of job loss is constant

Occupational health & safety = 0
Great pay. Nice office. Great coffee maker. Workout class during lunch break. Office in a great area. Our administration is very accommodating and helps a lot especially when our departments needed their help.
We did the usual work for a womans apparel store and should have been paid MORE. The most enjoyable part of my job as a amanager was doing out of store events. Would have liked MORE support from HO on organizing them.
Pros
lovely work environment
Cons
long hours for management
Good place to work, friendly environment good atmosphere.
Great management program, learning and progression. Casual, fun, enjoyable all around job.
I really enjoy the staff and area management at Nygard. Managers do make decent money in higher volume locations. Head Office needs to realize that not everything is controllable - and 97% of the time it is NOT the store staff to blame.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
not enough help for store managers
Love the product and the customers I dealt with daily, Clothing benefits awesome
Pros
above
Cons
dont care to say
Upper management was very demanding- store setup had to be perfect, needed lots of outside events...oftentimes I felt it took away from in-store customer service when we had to be so focused on outside goings on.
Sales budgets were high- very difficult to reach, and lots of pressure to hit them. High expectations of associates- lots if different quotas to reach...pressure at every level of worker.

Employee discount was great, along with free clothing, but very difficult to earn free clothing- budgets were too high to be able to earn much. And even harder to earn commission.

Overall, lots of demands for minimum wage.
Pros
employee discount, free clothes
Cons
too many quotas to meet, budgets too high to get.
Daily running of the store itself was good. The demand to do outside events took away a lot from the clients. The exisiting staff were hard to work with when it came to stealing sales and trying to meet all teir demands while trying to make the store productive. I enjoyed the company a lot and wish things had been different for me there. i miss the clients very much.
Pros
the clothing was beautiful and you got great discounts
Cons
lack of support from the distric manager
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nygard International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7