Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

in terms of schedules. when you ask 1 month ahead for your requested off and manager still give shifts on the day of your requested off!! it pissess me off because she said ok i will mard it down to the fact that we posted our vacation request on sheets besides where they put the schedules.
Great working environment great people awesome team work great management beautiful clothes FANTASTIC customers best clothing store to work at Awesome co-workers
Pros
Great hours
Very racist. Very critical. Expect you to do all the grunt work without giving you enough hours to live off of. Work every weekend every holiday. Manager will take her life problems out on you.
Manager has no clue at all what she is doing. Training was extremely extremely lacking and it seems the manager would rather not accept responsibility for under training her employees. I was left alone and barely trained at all for one of my first shifts in the holiday season. I had little to no help. I had to resort to contacting the manager or a coworker via phone for assistance when I should’ve just been trained properly. Customers also happen to be rude and demand discounts . I would say stay away from here. Peter Nygard’s brand is falling apart anyways due to recent accusations. These stores most likely won’t be open for much longer. Unprofessional and just sad.
Horrible place to work. Competitive unfriendly environment, manager is lazy, leaves early everyday, makes everyone do everything for her and takes credit for it. This company is very disorganized, very demanding even for a part time and the pay is minimal. They will make you work extra non paid hours. Head office has "barbecue day" every week while the staff at stores who are really working hard to make the sales are ignored. Don't expect a Christmas dinner for your store team! Do yourself a favor and do not waste your precious time with this company that does not recognize the real hard working people.
Pros
Free clothes that you will never wear out of work
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic expectations, unfriendly commission based environment
Do NOT even consider working here. Just save yourself the pain and anguish. Management is lacking, in fact negativity is the mantre. There's nothing good to say about Nygard, so just move on. They tout free clothing, but it's disgusting. Never want to ever wear it again. It doesn't last, it's wear it and throw it away clothing. The co-workers are disgruntled if you do your job and outsell them. Then they demand your sales to "balance" the economy. Good Lord, who ever designed commissioned sales with that in mind. Management demonstrates favoritism, so you will never ever win, even if you are right. Welfare is a better option.
Pros
Absolutely nothing was free
Cons
Lazy associates demand your sales.
Management including district manager, very rude & unprofessional.. lack of respect from some of the co workers .. you can’t help certain “customers” because everyone claims them which is ridiculous because you have high targets but how are you expected too meet them some days , one coworker who wasn’t even a manager tried bossing me around a lot and always made me clean up after her .. in fact I cleaned up after everyone but if I was to leave 1 or 2 pairs of clothing on the counter I’d be in trouble , they complain if I only had light makeup on .. it’s definitely an older lady store maybe that’s why management was so cranky but when I was employed everyone there was old enough too my grandmother n had grown up married kids of there own save yourself the trouble don’t bother because there’s a lot of favouritism & drama behind close doors even if you try not too get involved with it they’ll find a way There’s no Pros :Tbh unless your mid 30’s 40’s the close probably won’t be in style for you, definitely wasn’t for me I hated spending my pay on ugly clothes ,I just ended up giving too my mom who’s 50 n she loved them . 50% off that’s it ..
Pros
I put it under my complaint it was too long
Cons
Lack of respect, unorganized schedule
Loved the clothes, good discount, had good peers, good customers, high stock levels, lots of accessories, liked the every day parts of the job and it was fun.
This store goes through staff like kids eating candy. Frequent management turnover and more frequent part time turnover due to utter lack of empathy from Managers for employee health, family issues or scheduled appointments. Schedule changes daily with no communication to affected staff. This store expects total commitment from part time staff for minimum wage and no benefits. Managers never seem to have an issue stealing sales or scheduling their own time off. In six months I was the only employee that had never taken a sick day, always came in for last minute staff fill in, worked whenever asked and over the summer was basically one of two employees working due to manager quitting. The store hasn't had an Assistant Manager since Aug. Regional Manager comes in often yet never takes time to ask employees if any improvements are needed. Due to a family emergency I needed to take 24 Dec off and Manager was more concerned that it would impact her own hours that day, and basically told the best employee she had to "decide what I wanted to do about working in New Year" which is Tanjay code for "and don't bother coming back". Don't waste your time working here. This store will likely end up closing down if head office doesn't start recognizing the problems.
Pros
Cons
long shifts, low pay, lack of respect
Fun place to work, very generous discount and clothing allowance. Always new merchandise coming in. Company offers benefits and flexible hours. Company welcomes ideas and input from all staff typical day, serving customers helping them with their purchases hardest part of the job, juggling schedules for staff availability Most enjoyable part of the job: seeing how happy the ladies are with their purchases.
Pros
Great customers, manager who works along side you and explains everthing
Cons
there is none
I had a fantastic time working for Nygard in Vaudreuil QC, Management was always training and developing their staff, Really great work environment and cared about their staff.
Love my job , love my coworkers and managers. Great place to work. Yes some times the hours suck.but that's with all retail you have your down times. Great loyal customers., Love helping customers find their outfits. Clothing credits are a great help as is the employee discount... Love my job at Nygard.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
Not enough hours at times
I have never worked for a company like this before, so disrespectful towards their employees no wonder no one stays long working here. The district manager is unreal and two faced. This company expects their staff to jump at every little thing . Awful place to work.
Pros
Clothes
Cons
Poor management, not enough pay.
Not a good place to work .Stay away. No hrs, management are bullies. Expected to work alone with no break if you work a long shift.Sales goals are too high and not realistic. Lucky if you get one , two shifts a week.
Pros
Costumers. Some of the clothing is nice. Coworkers.
Cons
You never know whats going to happen. No hours. Min 3 hrs shift if your lu cky.
The manager here is terrible she have split personality. We have to meet our goal for the day which is impossible. Management don't support the people that is working very hard to meet up with their expectations. Poor salary offer. Keep looking for a better job. There's no career advancement.
Pros
Free clothing credits
Cons
Not enough hours
Learned a lot while I worked there from the manager and the assist manager. The district manager is terrible always negative does not even try to work with the store staff. I believe the company would be one hundred percent better with better upper management. Puts way to much stress on the stores and never follows thru on what you are promised when hired.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
terrible upper management
I enjoyed working for Nygard due to the clientele which were mostly the elderly. Management at the time was well organized, The hardest part working there was the fitting rooms and the flooring needed to be update
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
In an old shopping mall that needed upgrading
Its a pretty good place to work since they decided to start Sharing Sales among all the staff but the ones who don't work for it leave's everyone else doing the lions share, the personal sales goals are unrealistic when everyone is sharing sales. Did not start that way but its something new in 2017 not sure if its all the stores but there are a few i know of doing it to boost moral but there are workers who don't bother doing their jobs now because they simply don't have to anymore on paper there golden.
Pros
Clothing credits
Cons
sales sharing
Not a good company to work for!! the hardest part of this job, was staying there, and learning that all the bad reviews I gotten form people, was correct.
Pros
no pros
Cons
working there
I worked for nygard for about a year as a part time sales associate. Throughout that year, the store went through 4 managers and 5 assistant managers. The store was run for a few months with no manager. By the time I had been there for 4 months, I was the only one who was still there since I started. We were expected to work 5 sometimes even 6 hour shifts by ourselves with no break. We would get in trouble if we didn't make goals yet there was little to no traffic in the store. It wasn't unheard of to work a 5 hour evening shift and not have one customer in the store. When I asked for full time hours, I was given 12 hours a week then told there were no hours and then a week later, they were complaining they didn't have enough staff and would hire a new person. I'm surprised I lasted that long. Management throughout the whole company was such a joke. Only heard from them when it was something negative.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
No hours, no respect, unreasonable expectations
I truly enjoy working at Nygard. Most of our clients are elderly and they can be so much fun to help build a wardrobe. My fellow co-workers are the best part of the job. We all work very well together. We all have quotas for the day but once we meet our quota we all chip in to make sure everyone gets their numbers. My manager is a wonderful person who tries hard to keep everyone happy.
Pros
the staff and customers
Cons
not enough hours