Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

Retail Assistant Manager10 reviews
Canada10 reviews
If you like clothing and helping people this is a wonderful company to work for. If you are hoping for more than minimum wage while holding a part time position, it's not going to happen. A generous staff discount on the clothes and a hit and miss opportunity for commission, is considered enough. Low wage aside, I still enjoyed the work and customers so It just depends on personal preference.
worst place to work at!! they sneaky cut your hours and the managers never stay more than 2 months. literally do not work here, head office is messed.
I Have so much I would like to say about this place. Like how they dont care about you or their employees, how they are sneaky and cut hours without warning. How favorites is a thing to management. How they Love their title's but hate their responsibility. And how they make everything that goes wrong in the store, somehow your fault.
Competitive environment where managers collect all commission and clothes credits. Assistant manager and manager have full control over sales. Everything goes to them.
Lack of training, pressure to do way more than you are supposed to- all managers paperwork, doing stock daily, flipping falls, moving all merchandise...

I feel like I am just a number not a person.

The moment they do not need you or feel like you do not fit anymore- they get rid of you.

DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
clothes credit
Cons
managment
I worked at a Nygard Fashion Park for 5 years and throughout that time witnessed numerous managers come and go, filled in for management twice (once as a PT sales associate for 5 months, who worked 44 hours a week and was then denied a FT position that was publicly posted). Many of the women I worked with (who were the best part of my job and what kept me around for 5 years) had issues with HR or upper management and then would be walked out instead of having the issues addressed. I was owed a retro-active raise for 14 months due to taking on extra responsibility in tough times and NEVER saw the money.

If you end up at a location with a solid manager who will stand up for you, its not so bad.... but otherwise... applicants beware.
Pros
Clothing credits and commission
Cons
Corrupt management
I prefer not to answer-thank you. We have a confidentiality cause as part of our employment package, and therefore no information can be shared regarding this company.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Wage 11.40 no raise even after a year
Employees negative due to the way they are treated by area manager

Turn over very high

Environment air conditioner broke over 3 weeks now... it's over 89 on some days...very poor quality of air and no fans brought in

Area manger very disrespectful/rude to staff and talks about everyone behind there back, lies to staff and her boss...and she steals cloths...karma will bite this lady in the behind

Recommendations to work there Absolutely NOT!
Cons
found management asked a lot of you without recognition other than ability to earn free clothing, and some commission, which was somewhat helpful but that didn't pay for the rising cost of living We were given a great dinner out with the team for high sales, which was enjoyable.Always busy and on the run so no time to get bored. A couple of events a month were fun but taxed staff. Exhausted at end of day, left little room or energy for outside interests.Too much negative reinforcement from middle and upper management.After a year never did take a full week of vacation due to restrictions and staff shortages and received no raise..
Pros
meals out, clothing, jewelry incentives
Cons
strong emphasis on what was wrong
My co workers are awesome.I have learnt alot from head manager not being into retail before.Physically draining when stock arrives on weekly basis.Company expects more than required for job title without paying for extra hours needed for extra events.
Cons
company expectations .
I have been in the retail industry for over 5 years to date. Working at Nygard is def a great opportunity as the company itself is so motivating to work with. Each employee is treated with immense amount of respect and attention.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nygard International?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nygard International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7