Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

The best part of the job was getting to know you clients who were mostly of the older crowd. They became your friends and would stop in just to say "hello". I would tell the truth about how an outfit looks , if asked, whereas not all staff have the same discretion. Hardest part of the job was the aggressiveness of certain individuals, who would steal your customer , right from under you. I also loved the discounts and the commission perks.
Cons
lack of fairness re: scheduling and night shifts
Assistant Manager makes 16.50 an hr and works between 32 and 38 hours a week. this company does not care about its staff and and expects so much for so little.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Everything else
Nothing to do in store ! u can not move things around without approval ! visual was same for longest time. The District manager was a trash so was the Nygard himself.
This is the absolutely worst company to work for the district manager is the rudest person to work for she talks down to her staff she's unprofessional and talks bad about her staff to customers right in front of them they expect so much from their employees but pay them such little pay do not waste your time applying here. This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life it's not a Comfortable or fun environment to work in
Cons
Commission based company created other people stealing sales and not a nice atmosphere. They expect you to not have a life and if you bring issues up your hours are cut. The pay isnt very good for what they expect you to do and overall unless you work peak shifts you dont make anyclothing credits. Upper management isnt there to support you and they micro manage everything! No room to grow in the company...they would rather hire from the outside than promote on the inside and they do not stand up for their people at all. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Get out while you can.
Great company to work for. Clothing and commission incentives, flexible hours, many stores to choose to work in. Friendly and upbeat environment to work in with many opportunities for advancement.
It has been more than 10 years I work in a customer service filed . I learned a lot, To be a part of management I learned how to manage your co worker as friendly team, to make sure the job should be done in a friendly environment . How to be productive. The most enjoyable part of job is to meet different type of people every day and deal with them in their own way to make them happy.
Every day was exciting and challenging Wonderful staff The best customers Great product, so easy to promote and sell Upper Management was always there to help you if you had questions or concerns
Commission based so sturred up unfriendly work environment. Corporate is a micro managing company and does not stand by their staff. A lot of turn over. They do not seem to want to keep the real dedicated workers, they like to keep staff in the dark so they keep the staff that do not really care or know what is going on.
I was there briefly and it was a very poorly managed store. Manager would stand behind the till and chat with employees. I would be running around trying to help a bazillion customers, then when I'm at the till ringing in the sales I would be told that I have to share my sales with other team members. Because that's how they do it, despite, as she said, they aren't supposed to do that. They wasted a lot of good sales opportunities by ignoring customers only until the customer asked to be let into a changing room or was ready to pay. I previously worked in a way more structured environment with sales targets and so on. Here, they just free-styled the day. No targets or goals, no daily gearing up or staff, no setting of directions, nothing. What upset me the most was being told that I had to give even the manager some of my sales when she was at lunch! How dishonest is that! Then as soon as she came back, she and another woman took all the sales while I got nothing. So I had to "share" my sales with them while they exceeding my sales amount and left me way behind in terms of sales for that day. p.s- We were making commission.
Pros
very easy to sell to customers
Cons
too much time for breaks
Projected a professional image through phone interaction with the clients and employees.The enjoyable part was to prepare agendas, boards, various business meetings and organize–office equipment for video conference meetings which helps me to develop strong computer skills. The hardest part of the job was stress because of delay in delivery of merchandise.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
not paid overtimes