Nygard International Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager7 reviews
Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 166 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
The best part of the job was getting to know you clients who were mostly of the older crowd. They became your friends and would stop in just to say "hello". I would tell the truth about how an outfit looks , if asked, whereas not all staff have the same discretion. Hardest part of the job was the aggressiveness of certain individuals, who would steal your customer , right from under you. I also loved the discounts and the commission perks.
lack of fairness re: scheduling and night shifts
Commission based company created other people stealing sales and not a nice atmosphere. They expect you to not have a life and if you bring issues up your hours are cut. The pay isnt very good for what they expect you to do and overall unless you work peak shifts you dont make anyclothing credits. Upper management isnt there to support you and they micro manage everything! No room to grow in the company...they would rather hire from the outside than promote on the inside and they do not stand up for their people at all. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Get out while you can.
It has been more than 10 years I work in a customer service filed . I learned a lot, To be a part of management I learned how to manage your co worker as friendly team, to make sure the job should be done in a friendly environment . How to be productive. The most enjoyable part of job is to meet different type of people every day and deal with them in their own way to make them happy.
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Commission based so sturred up unfriendly work environment. Corporate is a micro managing company and does not stand by their staff. A lot of turn over. They do not seem to want to keep the real dedicated workers, they like to keep staff in the dark so they keep the staff that do not really care or know what is going on.
Projected a professional image through phone interaction with the clients and employees.The enjoyable part was to prepare agendas, boards, various business meetings and organize–office equipment for video conference meetings which helps me to develop strong computer skills. The hardest part of the job was stress because of delay in delivery of merchandise.
Free lunches, benefits
not paid overtimes
See more Nygard International reviews
You may want to try:
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nygard International. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 166 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Nygard International
- What is the work environment and culture like at Nygard International?6 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Nygard International?4 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Nygard International about how to improve the company?4 people answered
- How long does Nygard take to get back to you from applying for a position online to calling you for …4 people answered
- What is the salary for assistant manager and manager?4 people answered
- Does Nygard International require background check?4 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Nygard International?4 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Nygard International?4 people answered
- How is feedback from management delivered at Nygard International?3 people answered
- What are the daily duties of an assistant manager and manager?3 people answered
See all questions and answers
Nygard International Reviews by Job Title