Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Loved the clothes, good discount, had good peers, good customers, high stock levels, lots of accessories, liked the every day parts of the job and it was fun.
Nothing else is needed, they filed for bankruptcy. It is amazing that it took this long, I worked there 21 years ago and it was a terrible company back then.
Pros
Cons
Abuse by Management
laid off large percentage of workforce due to COVID-19 and 2 days later the company was ordered into receivership. Executive Management team does not appreciate staff, no collaborative culture. No direction or coaching provided from Executive Managment -- dictate of what to do and when. Stressful environment.
Great pay. Nice office. Great coffee maker. Workout class during lunch break. Office in a great area. Our administration is very accommodating and helps a lot especially when our departments needed their help.
Worst place to work. Horrible management. They time you in and out and on breaks like you're in prison. If you don't sign in the morning to your computer by 8:30 so if you are 1 Min late that gets CC'd to the President of the company and is deducted from your bonus. Managers don't do any work and very unprofessional. Do not think about working there!! Very cheap company and does not appreciate it's employees!
Good if looking for something to gain some experience in the market. Projects with tight deadlines. Easy going co-workers; good team.
Pros
Wide variety of challenges
Cons
Low pay
I had an interview at their head office for a HR administration opening. The interview went well although it seemed as though they were unsure what the position actually entailed. I was told I would hear back from the Toronto office's HR manager about the position and be given feedback on my interview, but it has been a month and I never received a call or email. The job as since been re-posted two or three times with the title changing from "HR Admin" to "Paralegal" back to H"R Admin", and then "Paralegal/HR Admin". From an outsiders perspective this makes their organization look extremely unprofessional and unorganized. It is clearly all the same position because of the size of the Toronto office and the duties outlined in the job description. Either way, this experience has completely turned me off from the company.
A true paperless company. Patience is required in lots of fields. Be ready to burn the midnight oil.
- Very productive workplace - Fast-paced environment - Co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable
I worked at Nygard-Alia at Cloverdale Mall, as a part time sales associate. The job was okay but with a mall like Cloverdale they wanted a lot. Wasn't to fond of the upper management.
Pros
in a mall. peak hours
Cons
if you don't work at peak hours you wont make $$$