Nygard International

Nygard International Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

found management asked a lot of you without recognition other than ability to earn free clothing, and some commission, which was somewhat helpful but that didn't pay for the rising cost of living We were given a great dinner out with the team for high sales, which was enjoyable.Always busy and on the run so no time to get bored. A couple of events a month were fun but taxed staff. Exhausted at end of day, left little room or energy for outside interests.Too much negative reinforcement from middle and upper management.After a year never did take a full week of vacation due to restrictions and staff shortages and received no raise..
Pros
meals out, clothing, jewelry incentives
Cons
strong emphasis on what was wrong
It was a great place to work the store was always busy the customers were great we were in a mall in a great location upper management was really nice staff that work there were great and everybody got along just well
Pros
Cons
Had to as about weekends off
I Have so much I would like to say about this place. Like how they dont care about you or their employees, how they are sneaky and cut hours without warning. How favorites is a thing to management. How they Love their title's but hate their responsibility. And how they make everything that goes wrong in the store, somehow your fault.
District manager will throw her managers under the bus, doesn't take accountability for herself. Tells you one thing, then freaks when you do as she tells you. Doesn't stand behind her management team. There is a reason there are always management positions open.
Pros
Free clothing
Cons
Upper management is terrible.
I enjoyed working for Nygard due to the clientele which were mostly the elderly. Management at the time was well organized, The hardest part working there was the fitting rooms and the flooring needed to be update
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
In an old shopping mall that needed upgrading
Was fun. To work customers. But upper management did not care about staff or how hard managers worked to make the budgets. Always expect.way to much. Used my truck for different events and never got thanks or compensated for.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Hard to get proper days off. Due to lack of hours plus wages not great.
I really enjoyed working at nygard international. I developed management skills and nygard international is a great place to work.
I would come into work and hear we have to manually record "this" and "that" and send a report via email at the end of the business day to our divisional head in Winnipeg, which is not necessary, the company has a great inventory system but the people in high places have no clue how to use it. They keep adding on reports and charts and keeping their eye off the ball regarding selling. The management are trained in old school intimidation tactics and should be sent to respect in the work place courses. I would suggest as short term work to build up or wardrobe then look elsewhere .
Pros
Clothing credits and employee discounts
Cons
Management from Winnipeg
The typical day at work would be cleaning the store and selling to customers that walk through our doors. I have learned how things work on the store and how things should look. When it comes to management they are fairly good but need to be somewhat friendlier then they are and more approachable to for customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to get your customers to buy something because many of our customers are fairly picky. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work by myself but it can also be lonely but it is enjoyable and being able to help a customer find what they are looking for and have them leave happy.
Pros
learning to work by myself and being trusted to do so.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nygard International?