Nygard International Employee Reviews

Worst Compnay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2019
Nothing to do in store ! u can not move things around without approval ! visual was same for longest time. The District manager was a trash so was the Nygard himself.
Empty Promises
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 January 2019
I worked at a Nygard Fashion Park for 5 years and throughout that time witnessed numerous managers come and go, filled in for management twice (once as a PT sales associate for 5 months, who worked 44 hours a week and was then denied a FT position that was publicly posted). Many of the women I worked with (who were the best part of my job and what kept me around for 5 years) had issues with HR or upper management and then would be walked out instead of having the issues addressed. I was owed a retro-active raise for 14 months due to taking on extra responsibility in tough times and NEVER saw the money.

If you end up at a location with a solid manager who will stand up for you, its not so bad.... but otherwise... applicants beware.
Pros
Clothing credits and commission
Cons
Corrupt management
Nygard is not sure what they are wanting
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2019
I see this advertisement at least 3 times a month for a Print Production Coordinator. I have been interviewed 3 times and overlooked all three times due to asking for a living wage. They want Professional work with chump change offers for a wage, no wonder there is a high turn around for this position.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 December 2018
This store goes through staff like kids eating candy. Frequent management turnover and more frequent part time turnover due to utter lack of empathy from Managers for employee health, family issues or scheduled appointments. Schedule changes daily with no communication to affected staff. This store expects total commitment from part time staff for minimum wage and no benefits. Managers never seem to have an issue stealing sales or scheduling their own time off. In six months I was the only employee that had never taken a sick day, always came in for last minute staff fill in, worked whenever asked and over the summer was basically one of two employees working due to manager quitting. The store hasn't had an Assistant Manager since Aug. Regional Manager comes in often yet never takes time to ask employees if any improvements are needed. Due to a family emergency I needed to take 24 Dec off and Manager was more concerned that it would impact her own hours that day, and basically told the best employee she had to "decide what I wanted to do about working in New Year" which is Tanjay code for "and don't bother coming back". Don't waste your time working here. This store will likely end up closing down if head office doesn't start recognizing the problems.
Pros
Cons
long shifts, low pay, lack of respect
great team
Regional Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2018
Learned everything about merchandising and developed key relationships in this role. Very pleasant work atmosphere and positive energy in the office. Everyone was ready to lend a helping hand
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Very nice place to work .
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Canada2 December 2018
Great pay. Nice office. Great coffee maker. Workout class during lunch break. Office in a great area. Our administration is very accommodating and helps a lot especially when our departments needed their help.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 November 2018
great company to work for great discounts and beautiful clothes.
PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS15 October 2018
Fun place to work, very generous discount and clothing allowance.
Always new merchandise coming in.
Company offers benefits and flexible hours.
Company welcomes ideas and input from all staff
typical day, serving customers helping them with their purchases
hardest part of the job, juggling schedules for staff availability
Most enjoyable part of the job: seeing how happy the ladies are with their purchases.
Pros
Great customers, manager who works along side you and explains everthing
Cons
there is none
First Job Experience
Project Coordinator - Construction and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 October 2018
First job experience out of university. Great management team however there are many policies and procedures that are not commonly practiced. Allowed exposure to many different areas of the business.
Worst company- do not Waste your time
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2018
This is the absolutely worst company to work for the district manager is the rudest person to work for she talks down to her staff she's unprofessional and talks bad about her staff to customers right in front of them they expect so much from their employees but pay them such little pay do not waste your time applying here. This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life it's not a Comfortable or fun environment to work in
Long hours expected
Product Manager, Slims Division (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 September 2018
Long hours are expected during PDC & Line Closing with no compensation.

Our clothing allowance, the Christmas lunch & the annual family picnic have been taken away.

Nygard is not a good company to work for.
Travel- great people- work from home
SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2018
Great place to work -
extra hours are expected
must be detailed oriented
associates are amazing
travel is expected
minimum of 5 day travel
good work life balance
Pros
work life balance
Cons
crunch time many hours
Close knit company. RMS very fair with thorough communication via email or phone calls. Follows up very fast. Positive work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 September 2018
opening/closing
Task list
Email follow up
Coaching/prepping staff for the day
Assigning goals
Housekeeping
Stock
Merchandising
Transfers in/out
End of day reports
End of day coaching and follow up with each staff member
Pros
Clear communication between emails and RMS
Excellent company to grown career with.!this company offer so may way to grow and enrich people’s lives. Me Nygard himself is an innovative and inspir
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 September 2018
I Truely respect the direction this company takes.!involvinag all levels of employees to become a real part of a team environment.
Although some can be a little bit clicky at times I t takes perseverance to get through.
Great career opportunities.
Wish I was back
Pros
Learn all aspect of the fashion industry
Cons
To many long tenured employees afraid of change
Great environment with friendly staff
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2018
I had a fantastic time working for Nygard in Vaudreuil QC, Management was always training and developing their staff, Really great work environment and cared about their staff.
Fun and challenging at the same time
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2018
We did the usual work for a womans apparel store and should have been paid MORE. The most enjoyable part of my job as a amanager was doing out of store events. Would have liked MORE support from HO on organizing them.
Pros
lovely work environment
Cons
long hours for management
Expectations vs/ Reality
SLS Assoc. (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia19 July 2018
If you're looking for a minimum wage job where you're constantly under pressure to meet sales goals and budgets and have co-workers steal your sales then this is the place for you!
Get used to doing everything on your own because there is no "team spirit" in most retail/commission based businesses and this is one of them.
No matter what you did, it was never enough!
Very negative environment to work in.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
back stabbing co-workers
Uncomfortable work environment
SR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2018
Not a company I would recommend working for but I did gain a lot of experience.
I kept busy all of the time and really liked that part of the job.
Met some good people there.
Worst place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 June 2018
Commission based company created other people stealing sales and not a nice atmosphere. They expect you to not have a life and if you bring issues up your hours are cut. The pay isnt very good for what they expect you to do and overall unless you work peak shifts you dont make anyclothing credits. Upper management isnt there to support you and they micro manage everything! No room to grow in the company...they would rather hire from the outside than promote on the inside and they do not stand up for their people at all. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Get out while you can.
Nygard Dictionary
Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 June 2018
All associates are required to use the nygard dictionary in all communication emails . Love it, live it and you will be safe. Employees are nice. Enjoy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nygard International. Our community is ready to answer.