Nutrition House Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Interesting work
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 August 2018
Plenty of room for upward mobility. Great place to learn new transferable skills. Obtained good product knowledge and regulatory skills. Learned franchise law and how to liaise between franchisees and management.
Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 June 2018
 Trained and maintained new staff on all nutrition and natural care products
 Developed customized campaigns based on trending products
 Monitored and reviewed team performance, schedule and reviews
 Travelled to multiple locations for training and staff evaluation as well as trade shows
 Proficient in all Microsoft office, Excel format, PowerPoint and Freshbooks Accounting
 Performed all employee interview hiring and termination processes
Had and am continuing to have an excellent time at nutrition house.
(RNPA), Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2018
Nutrition house is a great company to work for, good work/life balance, flexible hours, the pay is standard for retail, great learning experiences here. Also lots of opportunities to meet with high profile people from various health/wellness companies and network.
Pros
cheap supplements, friendly work environment
Cons
none.
Nah
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2017
Recommends
I have been working at Nutrition House full-time (Less than a year)
Pros
Not Supportive,Not friendly, Not efficient organization,Not executive team doesn't show great leadership and this isn't an organization who truly cares about helping people
Great place to gain knowledge and experience from about the natural health food industry
Corporate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 December 2017
I have learned a lot from this job with regards to team management and being an effective leader, an example for all staff to look up to. The higher management is highly supportive of the employees and their ideas.
Nutrition House
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 July 2017
Nutrition House is a natural supplement store. With knowledgeable staff, customers are given the supplements based on their needs. Customers are given all the details about the specific products and its benefits. It is the sales associate job to mention if the product will interact with any medications. Good staff is very important and can also help customers to build up a diet chart.
Great Job Opportunity
Business Analyst/Sales (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2017
A typical day at work is working with customers and receiving orders. There were breaks between customers which gave an opportunity to read up on the products, which I enjoyed. Overall, it was a great job.
Retail- Key holder, In-Store Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  2 bloor street east20 April 2017
This location bring in a lot of people looking to learn about nutrition. It is very rewarding to teach those who are so inspired to learn. Not a very busy area but there are a lot of return customers.
Great work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 February 2017
Amazing company, tasks were always simple, training available had compensation. Straff is always helpful and professional.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 January 2016
I worked at the Nutrition House when my mom owned a store. I loved helping customers get better and relieve their health problems. A very satisfying job.
Pros
Family Co-workers
Cons
Rude Customers
Educating Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  2121 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2A 1H217 January 2014
If you decide to work at Nutrition House, you can bet you will learn everyday, not just business-wise, but about health itself. The one thing that I absolutely do not like about the workplace rules is that you are not allowed reading a type of novel that you, yourself, prefer. It can only be their "health Bible", which is a dictionary-like book of health information ranging from use of vitamins, minerals, toxicity, etc. I, myself, am a health student, outside of work, and I can only take in so much information about health. Sometimes, I just wish to let loose with a fantasy novel, something to keep my mind sharp and my enthusiasm flowing. Of course, I would only read when there were no customers and all other jobs were done. Other than that, the people you work with are nice and the things you learn are magnificent.
Pros
30% discount off of supplements and other items
Cons
No reading freedom
Interesting and Slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 May 2013
A typical day at NH was spent cleaning and bagging bags with news letters and ads. It was in a mall in the town, but it never got overly busy. My manager was a difficult person to work for but my other two co-workers were wonderful, one being my best friend. Because I was working with health, I learned a lot, but I didn't feel much incentive to learn things on my own because I worked twice a week and was paid minimum wage and not for any extra time spent learning. It was like pushing drugs at time, but healthy drugs.
Pros
When it was slow, I could spend most of the time on my phone playing games, once I had cleaned and done what needed to be done.
Cons
Slow...very slow...
A very rewarding business
Owner / Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 November 2012
Helping customers with their health and nutrition needs. Being able to share knowledge to positively affect change in the lives of others everyday was a very rewarding benefit to owning this business.
Fun to communicate with various people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2012
Fun to communicate with different people and give them advice on their purchasing nutrition products and daily diet and exercise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrition House Canada Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Nutrition House Canada Inc Reviews by Location