Nutrition House Canada Inc

Nutrition House Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
I enjoy working at the Nutrition House as it is a welcoming and productive environment where you engage and create relationships with patrons. I learned a lot about nutritional facts based on our bodies and created great bonds with my employees.
Pros
Discounts on items, receive free products as you do the tasks online, nice employees, relaxing environment.
Cons
Understand and study based on the Nutrition.
well i help customers on a regular basis great with customers,i have a great customer
connections.i enjoy learning something new everyday.i also deal with elderly as well as young customers.i solely enjoy the different types of people i meet every day.i like to have a positive additude every day is different.I am always on time i have never been late for my job not one time in over a year also i am always available to cover shifts when other staff can not make it in.
Part time retail job isn’t going to make you rich, but the perks are good. You will need a background in nutrition or health related field though because it is a specialty store that requires a lot of product knowledge.
good exposure to customer service and everyday work routines. greeted customers , checked products shipments against packing slips, priced all items. Ensure accurate placement, of products in shleves for
Management is terrible, rude and don't care about employees who are under the age of 40. Territorial and are not kind to those who younger around the age of 18-25.
there are always lots of things to learn every day the management is so strong and helpful the team members are ambitious and cooperative . good place to work.
Learned alot in a short period of time was pleasant experience. Having prior knowledge on supplements however is essential in order to succeed in this job.
nice industry where you can make a difference in people's health, coworkers are nice and very helpful. Lots of learning possibilities from supplement companies free products, and dinner trainings
Pros
be your own boss
Cons
low pay
Plenty of room for upward mobility. Great place to learn new transferable skills. Obtained good product knowledge and regulatory skills. Learned franchise law and how to liaise between franchisees and management.
Nutrition House provides on-the-job site training and education of nutritional supplements. A typical day would vary in intensity according to customer traffic.
Pros
Flexible hours
 Trained and maintained new staff on all nutrition and natural care products
 Developed customized campaigns based on trending products

 Monitored and reviewed team performance, schedule and reviews

 Travelled to multiple locations for training and staff evaluation as well as trade shows

 Proficient in all Microsoft office, Excel format, PowerPoint and Freshbooks Accounting

 Performed all employee interview hiring and termination processes
Nutrition house is a great company to work for, good work/life balance, flexible hours, the pay is standard for retail, great learning experiences here. Also lots of opportunities to meet with high profile people from various health/wellness companies and network.
Pros
cheap supplements, friendly work environment
Cons
none.
Recommends
I have been working at Nutrition House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not Supportive,Not friendly, Not efficient organization,Not executive team doesn't show great leadership and this isn't an organization who truly cares about helping people
I have learned a lot from this job with regards to team management and being an effective leader, an example for all staff to look up to. The higher management is highly supportive of the employees and their ideas.
Nutrition House is a natural supplement store. With knowledgeable staff, customers are given the supplements based on their needs. Customers are given all the details about the specific products and its benefits. It is the sales associate job to mention if the product will interact with any medications. Good staff is very important and can also help customers to build up a diet chart.
A typical day at work is working with customers and receiving orders. There were breaks between customers which gave an opportunity to read up on the products, which I enjoyed. Overall, it was a great job.
This location bring in a lot of people looking to learn about nutrition. It is very rewarding to teach those who are so inspired to learn. Not a very busy area but there are a lot of return customers.
Amazing company, tasks were always simple, training available had compensation. Straff is always helpful and professional.
I worked at the Nutrition House when my mom owned a store. I loved helping customers get better and relieve their health problems. A very satisfying job.
Pros
Family Co-workers
Cons
Rude Customers
If you decide to work at Nutrition House, you can bet you will learn everyday, not just business-wise, but about health itself. The one thing that I absolutely do not like about the workplace rules is that you are not allowed reading a type of novel that you, yourself, prefer. It can only be their "health Bible", which is a dictionary-like book of health information ranging from use of vitamins, minerals, toxicity, etc. I, myself, am a health student, outside of work, and I can only take in so much information about health. Sometimes, I just wish to let loose with a fantasy novel, something to keep my mind sharp and my enthusiasm flowing. Of course, I would only read when there were no customers and all other jobs were done. Other than that, the people you work with are nice and the things you learn are magnificent.
Pros
30% discount off of supplements and other items
Cons
No reading freedom
A typical day at NH was spent cleaning and bagging bags with news letters and ads. It was in a mall in the town, but it never got overly busy. My manager was a difficult person to work for but my other two co-workers were wonderful, one being my best friend. Because I was working with health, I learned a lot, but I didn't feel much incentive to learn things on my own because I worked twice a week and was paid minimum wage and not for any extra time spent learning. It was like pushing drugs at time, but healthy drugs.
Pros
When it was slow, I could spend most of the time on my phone playing games, once I had cleaned and done what needed to be done.
Cons
Slow...very slow...