Nutrien

Nutrien Work-life balance reviews

I worked with some really great people, and definitely enjoyed my time there. Was let go early due to a slow season, but otherwise a great experience.
Great atmosphere with kind co-workers. I would be honoured to be back to continue progressing my experience within such a company with broad ranges of things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great company to work for. Great benefits and great salaries. All drivers are happy and been with the company for a long time. Company has safety in mind ans you are never rushed to do your deliveries.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Work independently and have to find remote locations.
My manager was racist and would tell other staff things that other people told him in confidence. Cared more about his other business than broken things
Pros
always busy
Cons
expected to work long hours then manager would complain about overtime
Wish I could have transferred to nutrien when I moved but there were no full time opportunities but I would definitely go back if there was. Staff was super friendly to work with and we felt like a family. The manager made you feel more at home and making sure you felt safe at work and even making sure your at home life was good and if you ever need to take time off to deal with personal problems there was never an issue or questions asked
Pros
Awesome staff and awesome company to work for
Cons
Not enough opportunities for full time
when I first started at Vanscoy potash they made me feel like family and showed they really appreciated their employees I felt like family everyone new you by your name. And the Agrium and PCS potash merged. Now it has all changed they no longer treat their employees the same or show they care about them it’s disappointing when you give your life to a company and it ends up like that.
Pros
Shift work 12 hr shifts
Cons
The 24 hour off shift change from days to nights
- Great manager. - Daily tasks and enhancements. - Huge projects. - Comfortable workplace. - Multinational organization. - Flexible working hours. - Professional work environment,
very busy and lots of on call. CP Rail is a busy customer.Lots of am call outs and lots of overtime. Terminal is 40 mins away and th trucks are not the best. lots of breakdowns
There's little respect or support for new hires. They do talk about making things better for young/new crop advisors but nothing comes from their talks. They don't really care about a work-life balance and use "when farmers are going, we are going" as a reason for making you work upwards of 18 hour days (during busy season, slow season is just hectic because of the impossible metrics they put on you but the days are short). Salary is absolute garbage and varies from branch to branch. There is no standard starting wage so it's up to the manager's discretion as to how poorly they will pay you. The benefits are amazing though.
Great place to start out in the industry, Learn a lot as they provide tons of training throughout first year of employment and career. Fast Paced and long hours during peak seasons, great opportunity for OT. Very Slow in winter months.
bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.
i enjoyed working underground and building belt lines it had a good feeling of accomplishment. It was my job to make sure everyone worked safely and did things efficiently. Not everyone has the same work ethics and unfortunately that is the reason I no longer work for lanigan nutrien. I am a very proud person and was taught if a job is worth doing it is worth doing right.
I had a very good team player workmates. Each and everyone is willing to help. The work life balance is also good. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Ventured into Potash to broaden my horizon in the mining field and to be home every night with my new born child. great place to work and i was able to sleep in my own bed every night.
I really enjoy working for nutrien they have a good work environment. Have no problem explaining things to a person, very flexible if you need time off. I have enjoyed working for both medicine hat branch and bow island branch.
Top heavy, especially in the corporate offices. 10 managers or directors for every 1 employee. This means lots of decision making and no one to do the work. Constant big ideas from higher-ups with no consideration of who’ll do the work or what else is going on that’s increasing workload. Lots of talk about “managing workload”, all lip service, zero action. Higher ups say all the right things, but only act when it’s convenient. This is a big company that acts like it’s only got 100 employees.
Comment – 16 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. With the formation of Nutrien, we understand the need to continue to refine our organizational structure. This includes adding talent where more help is needed, and re-organizing management positions to ensure efficiency. This effort is ongoing, and we ask for your patience as we continue to build our organization for the future. With regards to workload, we are working to address these concerns in a meaningful way. This effort started with gathering information from both leaders and individual contributors to better understand where workload issues are stemming from. In the coming months, you will see different strategies implemented that impact workload at an individual, team and organizational level. At the end of the day, we need to ensure everything we do helps us continue to be a safe company for our employees and communities.
Great place to work, very good with life balances. Hours of work: 4 days/week with all Fridays and weekends off including stat holidays. Building progression systems and competencies was the biggest part of the job and operator training. Nice to be involved with all aspects of plant operations and safety.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Continuous change of personnel.
Nutrien was a fine company to work for. Just to bad they had to notify the work force of a huge layoff during my second week of training. The work was easy enough and the guys were all good to work with.
Love the work and the people. Every day is new and Challenging. Always lots to do. If I ever have questions or concerns someone is always there to help me understand the task at hand.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Very dirty work
was hired to work at Nutrien for my summer internship and I'm just gonna jump into what was good about it, then tell you about why it's not the most exciting opportunity. The work-life balance is great, 4 10 hour work days is a pretty great schedule. Can't complain about that. There are a lot of perks of working there such as 1. Meaningless celebrations: you get snacks and some break time to celebrate milestones that are pretty much meaningless to yourself and everybody else. 2. The training for the first 2 weeks is pretty dry and pointless but the guys they hire to provide the training are beauty's so it totally makes up for it. 3. Free stuff (even more free stuff if you're engineer which I was not). Sometimes Nutrien will provide lunch and snacks at their meetings (mostly for the engineers though), you will get showered in Merchandise such as free coffee mugs, jackets, laptops, etc. 4. Staff can be kinda nice I guess. It's really no different than any other place you work at. There's people you like and don't like. Okay now to dive into Nutriens negative traits. 1. Even though I was given a lot of free things throughout my work term, those gifts feel empty because I was never really helped by management. This is my biggest beef with Nutrien, when I completed training I was given a project that would last the whole summer. I had to windows 10 image laptops and desktops and deploy the hardware, that was it. I was pretty much just given this boring task and then never really interacted with management. I never really learned anything this summer, I was - more...
Comment – 16 October 2019
Thank you for your detailed review. Feedback from temporary employees such as interns and students is valuable and always welcome. We’re glad to hear you found a strong work-life balance in your position with us, and that you had the chance to participate in some employee recognition events. We feel it’s important to recognize milestones both big and small. These activities help to build a culture of recognition, and that’s important to us. In a similar vein, providing employees with branded merchandise can increase company pride. With regards to interaction with management, our goal is always to give all our employees - including students and interns - the best work experience possible, and we recognize part of that can include working with leadership. We hope that these interactions occur, but we cannot guarantee every student will have the opportunity to interact with leadership throughout their term. Employees in these roles who would like to take on new projects and interact with their leaders are encouraged to speak with their supervisor about potential opportunities. Again, your feedback is important. Thank you for sharing your experience.
2018 was a tough year for a lot of people. I guess that's what happens with the merger of two large companies. Things have settled down a bit now and job security seems to be returning. We like to say we're up to our eyeballs in opportunities - you don't have to look far to find something that needs improvement. But, if you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and keeping a positive attitude you can write your own ticket.
Pros
Lots of training, employable skills development, challenging work, great people to work with!
Cons
Not really - it will be what you make of it.