Nutrien

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

safetysitethingculturechangelonggoodtraining

Decent place to work.

Lots of interesting work. Great focus on safety. Really great work on diversity and inclusion, they walk the talk. There is a lot of great people at every site.

Pros

Safety and promoting diversity

Cons

There is still a bit of a us and them feeling after the merger.

Decent place to be employed.

Nice pay. You have to keep current with training and be professional when dealing with maintenance. Decent pension plan. Benefits seem a little thin for a worldwide company.

Pros

Very good pay.

Cons

Long hours, shift work.

Insights into Nutrien

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Professional productive workplace

Wonderful people to work with. Strong values of safety and efficiency. The warehouse manager has created a wonderful environment to work in where everyone really knows what they’re doing and doing it well for the benefit of everyone, along with everyone being super friendly and fun within a professional space. Really great work culture overall with a good work/life balance.

Pros

Mid morning meeting and stretches, positive and safe environment

Cons

Busy season from Apr-Sept

The St. Paul branch is a good solid crew.

Happy to say that management was very upfront about the job and very supportive with trading and day to day. For me, it was a refreshing and surreal experience. The crew was/is cohesive and things got done with no drama. Was heartbroken not to be able to return due to a Nutrien mandate of the Trudeau Cure-all.

Pros

Seasonal, decent wage for the work.

Cons

Seasonal, “Vaccine” mandate.

Terrible Mid Level Management

In terms of ag retail for a sales agronomist, this is one of the worst companies in the industry to work for. With no real bonus structure for sales staff and no room for advancement it is a great entry level position to cut your teeth and then move on bigger and better things. Be prepared to be thrown under the bus for things beyond your control. Division management are concerned only with making their lives easier and have no concern or interest in branch level staff. If you enjoy office politics, gossip, nepotism and ladder climbing then you will thoroughly enjoy this company.

Pros

Excellent training Great entry level position for Ag

Cons

Too many to list

Time at Nutrien

Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and pay. Can move up in company if you want. Management very supportive and good work life balance. Would recommend.

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Solid Team and Supportive Workplace

I was here as a student in the summer internship program, my experience is only for 4 months. The manager care about you, care about your success, well-being and work-life balance. He guided me from day 1 of orientation and treat me as part of the team, not just a number. He asked me the 2nd day something along the line "how was your first day :)". At this location (Portage la Prairie), the team is small so you know everyone really well. Coworkers are supportive, great teamwork! When I did not understand something, people are willing to go beyond their means to make sure I do it correctly and most importantly, safely. No politics, no discrimination, no drama, no all that craps. One time, they let us go home early with full-day pay due to a rainstorm. This shows that they care about its people, and for a full-time employee, overtime is 1.5X wages. This is a Canadian Ag corporate company, so there is a clear structure from the top all the way down. Great pay for an intern. The organization structure is very neat, because, during my internship, I received conference training and conference training from the head office (Saskatoon) although I am at Portage. They gave presentations to students like me on potential career prospects after graduation etc... There are Q&A sessions online with the head office during my orientation. That is really useful!My manager sometimes asked on my first week of intern "Hey! is everything alright? how was your first day?". Each month, I was assigned different types of works from truck loading, paperwork, cleaning the office 3 - 4 times a week but -

Pros

Great Culture, Work-life balance, useful training, teamwork, good company culture

Cons

attitudes sometimes more important than performance

Productive and fun place to work

Great atmosphere with kind co-workers. I would be honoured to be back to continue progressing my experience within such a company with broad ranges of things to learn.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Deliveries are made with safety in mind never rush.

Great company to work for. Great benefits and great salaries. All drivers are happy and been with the company for a long time. Company has safety in mind ans you are never rushed to do your deliveries.

Pros

Salary and benefits.

Cons

Work independently and have to find remote locations.

unwelcome place to work

My manager was racist and would tell other staff things that other people told him in confidence. Cared more about his other business than broken things

Pros

always busy

Cons

expected to work long hours then manager would complain about overtime

Awesome company to work for

Wish I could have transferred to nutrien when I moved but there were no full time opportunities but I would definitely go back if there was. Staff was super friendly to work with and we felt like a family. The manager made you feel more at home and making sure you felt safe at work and even making sure your at home life was good and if you ever need to take time off to deal with personal problems there was never an issue or questions asked

Pros

Awesome staff and awesome company to work for

Cons

Not enough opportunities for full time

Good Summer Position

I worked with some really great people, and definitely enjoyed my time there. Was let go early due to a slow season, but otherwise a great experience.

Pay and benefits and time off to work is good balance.

when I first started at Vanscoy potash they made me feel like family and showed they really appreciated their employees I felt like family everyone new you by your name. And the Agrium and PCS potash merged. Now it has all changed they no longer treat their employees the same or show they care about them it’s disappointing when you give your life to a company and it ends up like that.

Pros

Shift work 12 hr shifts

Cons

The 24 hour off shift change from days to nights

Perfect work experience

- Great manager. - Daily tasks and enhancements. - Huge projects. - Comfortable workplace. - Multinational organization. - Flexible working hours. - Professional work environment,

busy busy

very busy and lots of on call. CP Rail is a busy customer.Lots of am call outs and lots of overtime. Terminal is 40 mins away and th trucks are not the best. lots of breakdowns

Not worth the stress

There's little respect or support for new hires. They do talk about making things better for young/new crop advisors but nothing comes from their talks. They don't really care about a work-life balance and use "when farmers are going, we are going" as a reason for making you work upwards of 18 hour days (during busy season, slow season is just hectic because of the impossible metrics they put on you but the days are short). Salary is absolute garbage and varies from branch to branch. There is no standard starting wage so it's up to the manager's discretion as to how poorly they will pay you. The benefits are amazing though.

Great Learning Opportunity

Great place to start out in the industry, Learn a lot as they provide tons of training throughout first year of employment and career. Fast Paced and long hours during peak seasons, great opportunity for OT. Very Slow in winter months.

laid off

bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.

The things I enjoyed about mining

i enjoyed working underground and building belt lines it had a good feeling of accomplishment. It was my job to make sure everyone worked safely and did things efficiently. Not everyone has the same work ethics and unfortunately that is the reason I no longer work for lanigan nutrien. I am a very proud person and was taught if a job is worth doing it is worth doing right.

Collaborative Environment

I had a very good team player workmates. Each and everyone is willing to help. The work life balance is also good. The benefits and compensation are also great!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nutrien with

Learn about Nutrien in popular locations

• Nutrien