Nutrien

Canada102 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Decent place to work

Good compensation, workload is low. Unionized so come with the pros and cons of that. Not much incentive to become supervisor. Most coworkers are knowledgeable and good at their jobs

Pros

Pay

Cons

Typical cons of a large corporation, hot in the summer

Decent place to be employed.

Nice pay. You have to keep current with training and be professional when dealing with maintenance. Decent pension plan. Benefits seem a little thin for a worldwide company.

Pros

Very good pay.

Cons

Long hours, shift work.

Insights into Nutrien

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Challenging but Rewarding

I was mainly involved with Warehouse related tasks. Coworkers are friendly and compensation is decent however the role can be very physically demanding at times.

Time at Nutrien

Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and pay. Can move up in company if you want. Management very supportive and good work life balance. Would recommend.

Would not recommend

The training hardly exists, I was put in front of a computer with absolutely no training and was expected to teach myself. There were job aids available which were helpful but it’s not fair to be expected to learn like that. The computer system has a lot of glitches and errors. I do think if I was trained properly that I would have liked the job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Zero one on one training

Official response from Nutrien

17 May 2021
We are sorry to hear about your experience. As part of an employees onboarding, our expectation is that are necessary training takes place, so new employees who join our team can get develop their skills quickly. If you'd like to connect with us directly so we can further improve, please feel free to contact us at yourvoice@nutrien.com

Clueless and cheap

They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.

Pros

Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.

Cons

Almost everything

Good pay for the work

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.

Pros

Great pay great days off lots of vacation time

Cons

Poor management terrible payroll department

Productive and fun place to work

Great atmosphere with kind co-workers. I would be honoured to be back to continue progressing my experience within such a company with broad ranges of things to learn.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Deliveries are made with safety in mind never rush.

Great company to work for. Great benefits and great salaries. All drivers are happy and been with the company for a long time. Company has safety in mind ans you are never rushed to do your deliveries.

Pros

Salary and benefits.

Cons

Work independently and have to find remote locations.

No room for career advancement or development

I was a seasonal employee for multiple years, and took on responsibilities beyond the role. The company had me working on 9 month contracts, just so they didn't have to pay benefits or pay for the winter months. Because of their bureaucracy, they would not pay me beyond a contract/student rate, even though I was doing the job of a non contract position. When confronting management about this, I was told to take it, or they'll find someone else. Management does not care about your development. You are just another guy to get the job done until they move on to the next one.

Pros

Overtime Pay during busy season

Cons

Management, lack of career and personal development

Not worth the stress

There's little respect or support for new hires. They do talk about making things better for young/new crop advisors but nothing comes from their talks. They don't really care about a work-life balance and use "when farmers are going, we are going" as a reason for making you work upwards of 18 hour days (during busy season, slow season is just hectic because of the impossible metrics they put on you but the days are short). Salary is absolute garbage and varies from branch to branch. There is no standard starting wage so it's up to the manager's discretion as to how poorly they will pay you. The benefits are amazing though.

Good company with benefits and pension plan.

Overall a good company to work for...pension, benefits, OT. Commitment to safety is above and beyond. Great support staff and very approachable management team.

Pros

Great people within the company

Cons

Just implemented SAP compter system

Collaborative Environment

I had a very good team player workmates. Each and everyone is willing to help. The work life balance is also good. The benefits and compensation are also great!

good place to work

Good place to work. Wish I didn't have to leave. The people there are very good to work for. Very open minded about family and family needs. Pay was excellent and benefits are wonderful.

Pros

Payed Lunch, Holidays, Sicktime, double time OT

– 16 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! Your feedback is appreciated.

Average

This company can get annoying to work for especially those looking for permanent employment. The warehouse was pretty good aside from storing non agricultural products and stuff that has no business in a warehouse storing ag products. The fertilizer plant is a dump built in the 60s and it shows. Lots abandoned towers and unused portions of plant. This company loves to save money so they cheap out on lots so beware.

Pros

Different jobs everyday nothing is ever the same

Cons

Toxic attitudes and work environment, mostly seasonal and contract work good luck getting on full time for benefits etc

Good pay, good benefits, questionable morale, entitlement

good pay good home life balance benefits are decent Management can be disorganized Morale / rumours can be toxic if you choose to get involved.

Pros

Good money, good benefits, good job

Cons

Negativity, poor morale, entitlement

No organization

Nothing was ever organized No communication with anyone Manager always tried to do everything themselves and other peoples jobs. No one got along with each other most days Got overtime pay when worked late hours

Pros

overtime pay when working late hours

Cons

manger is very disorganized

Good

Nutrien Ag Solutions is a great place to work along side great pay and quality benefits. The spring of the year is the busiest season as that is when the crop is being seeded.

Do more with less....Firefighting all day everyday, no reliability no intrest or investment in reliability

If you want to be good at your job....dont work here...you wont be able to do your job well and the 3 other jobs they give you as staff. Worst site I have ever been on. Like the Beverly hillbillies. They had money when potash prices were driven up. Completed projects to 90% then never followed up on the details that keep you running long term and without having to put out fires daily. Always lacking spare parts. Not one single person dedicated to reliability of the plant. Catastrophic failures that management looks at and says huh....should have seen that. How do you not expect a fiberglass tank that runs 24hrs a day 300days a year at 90deg C not to fail...after 15 year of service and no real inspections or Maintenance...finding out later that there were flaws in it along with the lack of integrity surveys by someone that actually know these tanks....noooo let's figure that out after it failed and nearly causes a fatality.....who's fault? Nobody... The plant is falling apart around them and they wont make efforts to improve reliability. Any improvement is to be made are assigned to someone that already has too much on their plate. Hey you have two full time jobs...how bout a little more....we know you cant do any of them properly but it's your responsibility and if things go wrong it's on you. As a staff person you wont even be given a job description....so they can pile more work and responsibilities on you without any recourse...you dont like it...leave...you dont feel it's safe to be doing all of this and none of it well...leave.. Staff constantly fears for their job so they -

Pros

Gifts, pay rate, lunches

Cons

Pressure, no backing from management, constant fear for your job, dysfunctional Maintenance, ruthless HR(two pats on the back to make you confident 3rd will be a knife), dangerous operating conditions because of equipment condition and lack of preventative Maintenance, over all poor morale throughout site, disorganized unpredictable path forward, Constant firefighting

Chaos

The new manager is a grease ball and a complete tool. The company preaches safety, but when the busy season start all that goes out the window, Agrium almost lost their business license because of so many deaths in the U.S.A . Nutrien Ag Solutions (Access) building has gone through three managers in four years, the same with lead hands.

Pros

great benefits, lots of overtime.

Cons

no time off in the summer, management is a joke.

Overall a good job to have, Things have been complicated after the merger and many were let go but things are starting to smooth out and it's not a bad place to be. I think it depends on location a lot and if you're in the retails or cooperate offices. But in my office the management it average, there is flexibility. Safety is a high priority and there are lots of opportunities to advance your training and learning. Pay an benefits are good... but calgary office has it way better. Office moral is average, and is pretty cliquey and there are really no perks like free lunches, snacks, a social committee or anything anymore... heck we don't even have a planning committee to have a Christmas party this year. The biggest down side is that I was not informed of all the work travel I would have to be doing when I signed up for the job.

Pros

pays decent, pretty easy work, flexiblity

Cons

below average moral, cliquey office, work travel wasn't disclosed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nutrien with

Learn about Nutrien in popular locations

• Nutrien