Nutrien

Nutrien Management reviews

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.
Pros
Great pay great days off lots of vacation time
Cons
Poor management terrible payroll department
Always have enjoyed the people I work with. The environment is always great and the support from management is good as well. Safety is very important here but is sometimes taken a little too seriously...
Pros
great managment, shift work, great pay
Cons
outside of town so the frive can get long based on where youre coming from.
As a safety supervisor my job was to support and guide workers into doing the safest job possible. There were times when a procedure would need to be changed therefore we would walk through the steps into making a job safer. The greatest fulfillment was watching the culture change and the workers having buy in to the new culture. The unfortunate part was the company holding job losses over all the workers heads. This lead to a unsafe environment as workers very seldom had there thoughts on there work.
Culture is toxic to work within. Management cuts corners and try to hide things all the time. The people you work with tend to be good but management ruins the job experience.
Since the merge between Agrium and PCS was completed, the company lost direction and management is absolutely lost. Job culture is nonexistent and nobody knows what direction to follow. This is very unfortunate as Agrium was an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Leadership lost direction
A typical work day hinges upon reading the moods of senior management. Immediate dismissal is very real. Many managers are inexperienced and very arrogant. The workplace culture is full of politics, and this is the hardest part of the job. There is an immense amount of work, resources are shrinking, and expectations are going up. An organisation that should be avoided.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Shift Work
This company thrives on production over safety. Rocanville site has multiple claims of harassment and the company has no clue how to deal with them. This is a terrible company to work for.
Pros
Upper Management works 4 10's
Cons
Anyone under management get treated like a numbered employee
PotashCorp used to be one of the best companies to work for in Saskatoon. It felt like a true Saskatchewan company, very close-knit, hard, proud workers. The "merger" or what most internal people call it, the takeover by Agrium destroyed everything PotashCorp was. Bringing in Management from outside of the Province (Calgary, the real Headquarters) who don't understand the "Saskatchewan way". It's now like any other large company from a large city outside of Saskatchewan. Profits and Cost Savings "Synergies" are more important than the people. Luckily I've managed to survive the bloodshed in job losses, however I've heard via reliable sources that a great percentage of the IT department was outsourced to India and that most of the Execs live and work from Calgary. Other rumblings are that there will be another round of cuts in the near future. Other departments include Finance, HR, etc. Just wait for the sites to get hit too. If you're looking for a long term place to stay I'd stay clear of this mess. I don't know who I feel more for, those of us who kept our jobs or those who were offered packages. Regardless, I, among many others are looking to leave this place as it's just not worth the misery of always looking over your shoulder and worrying about your future. PotashCorp WAS the gem of Saskatchewan, but was unfortunately wiped out in the blink of an eye!
Pros
Golden Handcuffs - i.e. good pay
Cons
Management, Outsourcing, No direction, Saskatoon is now a "remote" site
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. At first it seems all shiney and new but then you get in to find the deep divide between workers and supervision. Supervision for the most part is lacking any expirience. Some of them attempt to answer questions with a dumbfounded look and stare...I'm sorry but if you fail the supervisor exam more then once then maybe that isn't the career path for you. I truly believe they go out of thier way to get some dirt on you so they can look good when they bring the news to thier superiors. From and expirience miner, this is the worst mining company I have ever worked for. HR can't even get you a pay stub... You have to deal with a very poor online system and when that doesn't work you have to go through a contractor in Colorado. What a joke!!
Pros
Good Benifits, strong union, decent pay
Cons
Supervision, back stabbing and human resources.
Good experience in a complex organisation, that is ever evolving the demands are quite high but can be rewarding with the remuneration the commitment to safety and process management helps learn more