Nutrien

Nutrien Management reviews

Canada102 reviews

Clear

safetysitethingculturechangelonggoodtraining

Collaborative people and learning culture

Work can be fast paced but people are willing to help out. A lot of resources to learn within the company such as video courses etc. Management checks up on you if you are satisfied.

Productive valuable place to work.

Great place to learn n grow.people team I worked with were very supportive. Management was very responsive to employees needs. Work environment is professional.

Insights into Nutrien

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Terrible management and unfair treatment

When it comes down to it Nutrien doesn’t really care about their employees. Terribly managed at the production level from supervisors to general foreman

The St. Paul branch is a good solid crew.

Happy to say that management was very upfront about the job and very supportive with trading and day to day. For me, it was a refreshing and surreal experience. The crew was/is cohesive and things got done with no drama. Was heartbroken not to be able to return due to a Nutrien mandate of the Trudeau Cure-all.

Pros

Seasonal, decent wage for the work.

Cons

Seasonal, “Vaccine” mandate.

Terrible Mid Level Management

In terms of ag retail for a sales agronomist, this is one of the worst companies in the industry to work for. With no real bonus structure for sales staff and no room for advancement it is a great entry level position to cut your teeth and then move on bigger and better things. Be prepared to be thrown under the bus for things beyond your control. Division management are concerned only with making their lives easier and have no concern or interest in branch level staff. If you enjoy office politics, gossip, nepotism and ladder climbing then you will thoroughly enjoy this company.

Pros

Excellent training Great entry level position for Ag

Cons

Too many to list

Time at Nutrien

Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and pay. Can move up in company if you want. Management very supportive and good work life balance. Would recommend.

Good, but director was moody

Great company but he has been with the company too long. He was threatened when I told others that they wouldn’t promote anyone that year. Why have secrets? So ridiculous.

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Clueless and cheap

They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.

Pros

Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.

Cons

Almost everything

Good pay for the work

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.

Pros

Great pay great days off lots of vacation time

Cons

Poor management terrible payroll department

Productive and collaborative place to work. Very supportive infrastructure for work goal achievements

Though my work at Potash Corp. was temporary and short term, it was fast paced and all needed tools and infrastructure to achieve my targets were adequately and promptly provided. I looked forward then to being permanently retained but when the whole management changed and they became Nutrien, I was not retained because of total change in the Organizational structure.

Pros

Nice work and people culture

Cons

Intensive fast paced though I love it!

No room for career advancement or development

I was a seasonal employee for multiple years, and took on responsibilities beyond the role. The company had me working on 9 month contracts, just so they didn't have to pay benefits or pay for the winter months. Because of their bureaucracy, they would not pay me beyond a contract/student rate, even though I was doing the job of a non contract position. When confronting management about this, I was told to take it, or they'll find someone else. Management does not care about your development. You are just another guy to get the job done until they move on to the next one.

Pros

Overtime Pay during busy season

Cons

Management, lack of career and personal development

Watch out for the culture

HR and middle/upper management have lost touch with their customers and the frontline staff who serve them. Very much an old boys club more interested in patting each other on the back than making positive change. Internal accounting system pits all of the business units against one another creating a difficult environment to serve the customer.

Pros

Rewarding work

Not great interview process

For my interview, they sent me questions to answer to a video recording system. Cons of interview: Instead of being able to talk to a real person, I was kind of treated as a robot. Strikes me as kind of lazy on their part in the recruiting process, and with no opportunity to ask them questions. They say it may seem awkward at first to stare into the dot of your webcam and answer all the questions pretending someone is on the other end (just like a traditional interview they conjecture), but that you will get used to it....lol, right! I guess their idea of efficiency for recruiting humans is to remove their humans altogether. They say to remember that employers hire human beings and not just the name at the top of a resume...lol. They should take a dose of their own rationale....employees like to work for real people, not just absentee employers.Pros: With this format, at least I knew the questions ahead of time that they were going to ask. At least they got back to me quickly after the interview.

Great Place to Work; Realistic yet Ambitious

Coworkers and management are generally supportive and helpful, company is always innovating to find better ways of doing things to make jobs easier. Company is always running some kind of internal initiative to ensure the health, well-being, and success of its employees both in the office and at home.

Pros

free beverages, flexible schedules, quiet working environment

Cons

office space is dull in color and decor, IT department dress code very outdated

unwelcome place to work

My manager was racist and would tell other staff things that other people told him in confidence. Cared more about his other business than broken things

Pros

always busy

Cons

expected to work long hours then manager would complain about overtime

Just a number.

You are just a number. They couldn't care less about you or your family. They are two faced about safety as well. They blame the worker in case of an accident.

Official response from Nutrien

14 January 2021
We are disappointed to hear what you describe. We take safety seriously, reviewing incidents big and small to ensure our workforce goes home safe, every day. If you have a situation that you believe is contrary to our code of ethics, we encourage you to use the Compliance Hotline, an online and phone-based reporting tool managed by a third party, where employees can raise concerns, anonymously if desired.

Terrible Management

Management was very narrow minded, during my time working there all the competent and knowledgeable staff quit or was laid off. I worked summers while attending NAIT and pay was good.

Not worth the stress

There's little respect or support for new hires. They do talk about making things better for young/new crop advisors but nothing comes from their talks. They don't really care about a work-life balance and use "when farmers are going, we are going" as a reason for making you work upwards of 18 hour days (during busy season, slow season is just hectic because of the impossible metrics they put on you but the days are short). Salary is absolute garbage and varies from branch to branch. There is no standard starting wage so it's up to the manager's discretion as to how poorly they will pay you. The benefits are amazing though.

Good company with benefits and pension plan.

Overall a good company to work for...pension, benefits, OT. Commitment to safety is above and beyond. Great support staff and very approachable management team.

Pros

Great people within the company

Cons

Just implemented SAP compter system

ok place to work.

ok place to work, no advancement available. Twenty four hour operation, work is only as stressful as you make it. Front line management is good,higher management is questionable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nutrien with

Learn about Nutrien in popular locations

• Nutrien