Nutrien

Nutrien Management reviews

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.
Pros
Great pay great days off lots of vacation time
Cons
Poor management terrible payroll department
They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.
Pros
Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.
Cons
Almost everything
Though my work at Potash Corp. was temporary and short term, it was fast paced and all needed tools and infrastructure to achieve my targets were adequately and promptly provided. I looked forward then to being permanently retained but when the whole management changed and they became Nutrien, I was not retained because of total change in the Organizational structure.
Pros
Nice work and people culture
Cons
Intensive fast paced though I love it!
I was a seasonal employee for multiple years, and took on responsibilities beyond the role. The company had me working on 9 month contracts, just so they didn't have to pay benefits or pay for the winter months. Because of their bureaucracy, they would not pay me beyond a contract/student rate, even though I was doing the job of a non contract position. When confronting management about this, I was told to take it, or they'll find someone else. Management does not care about your development. You are just another guy to get the job done until they move on to the next one.
Pros
Overtime Pay during busy season
Cons
Management, lack of career and personal development
HR and middle/upper management have lost touch with their customers and the frontline staff who serve them. Very much an old boys club more interested in patting each other on the back than making positive change. Internal accounting system pits all of the business units against one another creating a difficult environment to serve the customer.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
For my interview, they sent me questions to answer to a video recording system. Cons of interview: Instead of being able to talk to a real person, I was kind of treated as a robot. Strikes me as kind of lazy on their part in the recruiting process, and with no opportunity to ask them questions. They say it may seem awkward at first to stare into the dot of your webcam and answer all the questions pretending someone is on the other end (just like a traditional interview they conjecture), but that you will get used to it....lol, right! I guess their idea of efficiency for recruiting humans is to remove their humans altogether. They say to remember that employers hire human beings and not just the name at the top of a resume...lol. They should take a dose of their own rationale....employees like to work for real people, not just absentee employers.Pros: With this format, at least I knew the questions ahead of time that they were going to ask. At least they got back to me quickly after the interview.
Coworkers and management are generally supportive and helpful, company is always innovating to find better ways of doing things to make jobs easier. Company is always running some kind of internal initiative to ensure the health, well-being, and success of its employees both in the office and at home.
Pros
free beverages, flexible schedules, quiet working environment
Cons
office space is dull in color and decor, IT department dress code very outdated
My manager was racist and would tell other staff things that other people told him in confidence. Cared more about his other business than broken things
Pros
always busy
Cons
expected to work long hours then manager would complain about overtime
You are just a number. They couldn't care less about you or your family. They are two faced about safety as well. They blame the worker in case of an accident.
Official response from Nutrien
14 January 2021
We are disappointed to hear what you describe. We take safety seriously, reviewing incidents big and small to ensure our workforce goes home safe, every day. If you have a situation that you believe is contrary to our code of ethics, we encourage you to use the Compliance Hotline, an online and phone-based reporting tool managed by a third party, where employees can raise concerns, anonymously if desired.
Management was very narrow minded, during my time working there all the competent and knowledgeable staff quit or was laid off. I worked summers while attending NAIT and pay was good.
Overall a good company to work for...pension, benefits, OT. Commitment to safety is above and beyond. Great support staff and very approachable management team.
Pros
Great people within the company
Cons
Just implemented SAP compter system
ok place to work, no advancement available. Twenty four hour operation, work is only as stressful as you make it. Front line management is good,higher management is questionable.
bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.
Its a decent place to work that pays well. there have been some recent issues with market demand that have led to some unfortunate jobsituations,but should get better.
It’s ok to work there. Lots of changes have happened. Lots of certainty. Moral issues. Need upper management changes. There is a little boys club that to go.
You are just a number to them. The company makes hundreds of millions and despite this they will still let anyone go if it saves them a dollar. They don't really care about their employees just their bottom line. The management are Cutthroats and are in constant battle with unions. I gave the company two years of my life and despite making hundreds of millions of dollars they still laid off over a hundred employees claiming budget cuts
I am having a great experience working here. Team members are all willing to help and management provides great leadership Help desk team are extremely helpful and different teams get out of their way to help each other.
Management is a bunch of yes men. Only got their positions because they are buddies with upper management. They preach safety but then in the same breath say cost per tonne is too high and that’s all their priority is. Big company that only cares about dollars and their safety record shows
Awesome place to work when the market is up management differs a lot from site to site could be more forth coming with information to employees unionized workforce
Not safe and Scared of change. There is not really anything good to say. It has to be the most disrespectful place to work. More gossip and talk underground that makes it worse then high school. Bandage fixing is not my way of operating so this place is not for me.
Top heavy, especially in the corporate offices. 10 managers or directors for every 1 employee. This means lots of decision making and no one to do the work. Constant big ideas from higher-ups with no consideration of who’ll do the work or what else is going on that’s increasing workload. Lots of talk about “managing workload”, all lip service, zero action. Higher ups say all the right things, but only act when it’s convenient. This is a big company that acts like it’s only got 100 employees.
Comment – 16 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. With the formation of Nutrien, we understand the need to continue to refine our organizational structure. This includes adding talent where more help is needed, and re-organizing management positions to ensure efficiency. This effort is ongoing, and we ask for your patience as we continue to build our organization for the future. With regards to workload, we are working to address these concerns in a meaningful way. This effort started with gathering information from both leaders and individual contributors to better understand where workload issues are stemming from. In the coming months, you will see different strategies implemented that impact workload at an individual, team and organizational level. At the end of the day, we need to ensure everything we do helps us continue to be a safe company for our employees and communities.