Nutrien

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

safetysitethingculturechangelonggoodtraining

Decent place to work.

Lots of interesting work. Great focus on safety. Really great work on diversity and inclusion, they walk the talk. There is a lot of great people at every site.

Pros

Safety and promoting diversity

Cons

There is still a bit of a us and them feeling after the merger.

Terrible Mid Level Management

In terms of ag retail for a sales agronomist, this is one of the worst companies in the industry to work for. With no real bonus structure for sales staff and no room for advancement it is a great entry level position to cut your teeth and then move on bigger and better things. Be prepared to be thrown under the bus for things beyond your control. Division management are concerned only with making their lives easier and have no concern or interest in branch level staff. If you enjoy office politics, gossip, nepotism and ladder climbing then you will thoroughly enjoy this company.

Pros

Excellent training Great entry level position for Ag

Cons

Too many to list

Insights into Nutrien

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Time at Nutrien

Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and pay. Can move up in company if you want. Management very supportive and good work life balance. Would recommend.

Good, but director was moody

Great company but he has been with the company too long. He was threatened when I told others that they wouldn’t promote anyone that year. Why have secrets? So ridiculous.

Solid Team and Supportive Workplace

I was here as a student in the summer internship program, my experience is only for 4 months. The manager care about you, care about your success, well-being and work-life balance. He guided me from day 1 of orientation and treat me as part of the team, not just a number. He asked me the 2nd day something along the line "how was your first day :)". At this location (Portage la Prairie), the team is small so you know everyone really well. Coworkers are supportive, great teamwork! When I did not understand something, people are willing to go beyond their means to make sure I do it correctly and most importantly, safely. No politics, no discrimination, no drama, no all that craps. One time, they let us go home early with full-day pay due to a rainstorm. This shows that they care about its people, and for a full-time employee, overtime is 1.5X wages. This is a Canadian Ag corporate company, so there is a clear structure from the top all the way down. Great pay for an intern. The organization structure is very neat, because, during my internship, I received conference training and conference training from the head office (Saskatoon) although I am at Portage. They gave presentations to students like me on potential career prospects after graduation etc... There are Q&A sessions online with the head office during my orientation. That is really useful!My manager sometimes asked on my first week of intern "Hey! is everything alright? how was your first day?". Each month, I was assigned different types of works from truck loading, paperwork, cleaning the office 3 - 4 times a week but -

Pros

Great Culture, Work-life balance, useful training, teamwork, good company culture

Cons

attitudes sometimes more important than performance

Clueless and cheap

They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.

Pros

Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.

Cons

Almost everything

If you are white dont waste your time

This company does a ridiculous video interview. They send u dumb questions and expect you to video your response. I had over a decade of relevant experience and got a poorly written email about 3 months later saying i wasnt selected. After talking to numerous people that applied for positions with Nutrien it became obvious they hire based on skin colour and not qualifications.

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Great atmosphere with kind co-workers. I would be honoured to be back to continue progressing my experience within such a company with broad ranges of things to learn.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Deliveries are made with safety in mind never rush.

Great company to work for. Great benefits and great salaries. All drivers are happy and been with the company for a long time. Company has safety in mind ans you are never rushed to do your deliveries.

Pros

Salary and benefits.

Cons

Work independently and have to find remote locations.

No room for career advancement or development

I was a seasonal employee for multiple years, and took on responsibilities beyond the role. The company had me working on 9 month contracts, just so they didn't have to pay benefits or pay for the winter months. Because of their bureaucracy, they would not pay me beyond a contract/student rate, even though I was doing the job of a non contract position. When confronting management about this, I was told to take it, or they'll find someone else. Management does not care about your development. You are just another guy to get the job done until they move on to the next one.

Pros

Overtime Pay during busy season

Cons

Management, lack of career and personal development

Awesome company to work for

Wish I could have transferred to nutrien when I moved but there were no full time opportunities but I would definitely go back if there was. Staff was super friendly to work with and we felt like a family. The manager made you feel more at home and making sure you felt safe at work and even making sure your at home life was good and if you ever need to take time off to deal with personal problems there was never an issue or questions asked

Pros

Awesome staff and awesome company to work for

Cons

Not enough opportunities for full time

Was Enjoyable, staff seemed friendly.

Temporary assignment for one day. Cannot answer this as I was there on an assignment. Staff were friendly. Were told what we were to do. It was detailed and specific.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Nice workplace

I am happy to work here, got experience to see how a chemical processing plank looks like. Worked here for a month of shutdown program. Gained knowledge on importance of safety and awareness when working in the chemical equipment.

Great Learning Opportunity

Great place to start out in the industry, Learn a lot as they provide tons of training throughout first year of employment and career. Fast Paced and long hours during peak seasons, great opportunity for OT. Very Slow in winter months.

ok place to work.

ok place to work, no advancement available. Twenty four hour operation, work is only as stressful as you make it. Front line management is good,higher management is questionable.

laid off

bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.

Collaborative Environment

I had a very good team player workmates. Each and everyone is willing to help. The work life balance is also good. The benefits and compensation are also great!

Good place to work for ppl who want to be home everynight.

Ventured into Potash to broaden my horizon in the mining field and to be home every night with my new born child. great place to work and i was able to sleep in my own bed every night.

Good experience

Site Manager and permanent full time staff are very experienced and know what they are doing. I was treated with kindness and respect even though I was a seasonal driver. As I observed their clients in the AG Industry they respected them because of their knowledge which is the result of their mature staff. I worked at other Nutrien locations previously. Warner was best location.

Fast paced and fun workplace

Position with company was seasonal. very fast paced and enjoyable. Delivered to lots of clients and got see lots unique areas that I've never see before. Work environment was great, management was awesome to work with.

Great company to work for. Fertilizer business has a strong future.

2018 was a tough year for a lot of people. I guess that's what happens with the merger of two large companies. Things have settled down a bit now and job security seems to be returning. We like to say we're up to our eyeballs in opportunities - you don't have to look far to find something that needs improvement. But, if you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and keeping a positive attitude you can write your own ticket.

Pros

Lots of training, employable skills development, challenging work, great people to work with!

Cons

Not really - it will be what you make of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nutrien with

Learn about Nutrien in popular locations

• Nutrien