Nutrien

Nutrien Job security & advancement reviews

Great place to start out in the industry, Learn a lot as they provide tons of training throughout first year of employment and career. Fast Paced and long hours during peak seasons, great opportunity for OT. Very Slow in winter months.
They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.
Pros
Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.
Cons
Almost everything
This company does a ridiculous video interview. They send u dumb questions and expect you to video your response. I had over a decade of relevant experience and got a poorly written email about 3 months later saying i wasnt selected. After talking to numerous people that applied for positions with Nutrien it became obvious they hire based on skin colour and not qualifications.
Cons
Great atmosphere with kind co-workers. I would be honoured to be back to continue progressing my experience within such a company with broad ranges of things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great company to work for. Great benefits and great salaries. All drivers are happy and been with the company for a long time. Company has safety in mind ans you are never rushed to do your deliveries.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Work independently and have to find remote locations.
I was a seasonal employee for multiple years, and took on responsibilities beyond the role. The company had me working on 9 month contracts, just so they didn't have to pay benefits or pay for the winter months. Because of their bureaucracy, they would not pay me beyond a contract/student rate, even though I was doing the job of a non contract position. When confronting management about this, I was told to take it, or they'll find someone else. Management does not care about your development. You are just another guy to get the job done until they move on to the next one.
Pros
Overtime Pay during busy season
Cons
Management, lack of career and personal development
For my interview, they sent me questions to answer to a video recording system. Cons of interview: Instead of being able to talk to a real person, I was kind of treated as a robot. Strikes me as kind of lazy on their part in the recruiting process, and with no opportunity to ask them questions. They say it may seem awkward at first to stare into the dot of your webcam and answer all the questions pretending someone is on the other end (just like a traditional interview they conjecture), but that you will get used to it....lol, right! I guess their idea of efficiency for recruiting humans is to remove their humans altogether. They say to remember that employers hire human beings and not just the name at the top of a resume...lol. They should take a dose of their own rationale....employees like to work for real people, not just absentee employers.Pros: With this format, at least I knew the questions ahead of time that they were going to ask. At least they got back to me quickly after the interview.
Wish I could have transferred to nutrien when I moved but there were no full time opportunities but I would definitely go back if there was. Staff was super friendly to work with and we felt like a family. The manager made you feel more at home and making sure you felt safe at work and even making sure your at home life was good and if you ever need to take time off to deal with personal problems there was never an issue or questions asked
Pros
Awesome staff and awesome company to work for
Cons
Not enough opportunities for full time
Temporary assignment for one day. Cannot answer this as I was there on an assignment. Staff were friendly. Were told what we were to do. It was detailed and specific.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I am happy to work here, got experience to see how a chemical processing plank looks like. Worked here for a month of shutdown program. Gained knowledge on importance of safety and awareness when working in the chemical equipment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nutrien?
ok place to work, no advancement available. Twenty four hour operation, work is only as stressful as you make it. Front line management is good,higher management is questionable.
bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.
I had a very good team player workmates. Each and everyone is willing to help. The work life balance is also good. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Ventured into Potash to broaden my horizon in the mining field and to be home every night with my new born child. great place to work and i was able to sleep in my own bed every night.
Site Manager and permanent full time staff are very experienced and know what they are doing. I was treated with kindness and respect even though I was a seasonal driver. As I observed their clients in the AG Industry they respected them because of their knowledge which is the result of their mature staff. I worked at other Nutrien locations previously. Warner was best location.
Lots of people/workers were impacted by the pursuit of cost savings from synergies. Management is results-oriented. Lots of projects going on there's a lot of opportunities if you're looking to be involved in variety of work (this is good for young professionals). Very supportive coworkers and leaders. Drawback: No clear communication of educational support to employees. No study leave but has flex days. Compensation is reasonable based on the industry average.
Position with company was seasonal. very fast paced and enjoyable. Delivered to lots of clients and got see lots unique areas that I've never see before. Work environment was great, management was awesome to work with.
2018 was a tough year for a lot of people. I guess that's what happens with the merger of two large companies. Things have settled down a bit now and job security seems to be returning. We like to say we're up to our eyeballs in opportunities - you don't have to look far to find something that needs improvement. But, if you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and keeping a positive attitude you can write your own ticket.
Pros
Lots of training, employable skills development, challenging work, great people to work with!
Cons
Not really - it will be what you make of it.
i worked for multiple years with the company. i was always told there was lots of help for me. found out while working management there is no help or direction. upper management just pushes numbers and thats what they see you as....a number. i did have good time under certain manager and sites but ultimately it pushed me past my breaking point when their unreal expectations lead to 18 hour days with no bonuses for the hard work put in.
Pros
stable work
Cons
no help when needed. always trying to cut money out instead of investing.
If you want to be good at your job....dont work here...you wont be able to do your job well and the 3 other jobs they give you as staff. Worst site I have ever been on. Like the Beverly hillbillies. They had money when potash prices were driven up. Completed projects to 90% then never followed up on the details that keep you running long term and without having to put out fires daily. Always lacking spare parts. Not one single person dedicated to reliability of the plant. Catastrophic failures that management looks at and says huh....should have seen that. How do you not expect a fiberglass tank that runs 24hrs a day 300days a year at 90deg C not to fail...after 15 year of service and no real inspections or Maintenance...finding out later that there were flaws in it along with the lack of integrity surveys by someone that actually know these tanks....noooo let's figure that out after it failed and nearly causes a fatality.....who's fault? Nobody... The plant is falling apart around them and they wont make efforts to improve reliability. Any improvement is to be made are assigned to someone that already has too much on their plate. Hey you have two full time jobs...how bout a little more....we know you cant do any of them properly but it's your responsibility and if things go wrong it's on you. As a staff person you wont even be given a job description....so they can pile more work and responsibilities on you without any recourse...you dont like it...leave...you dont feel it's safe to be doing all of this and none of it well...leave.. Staff constantly fears for their job so they - more...
Pros
Gifts, pay rate, lunches
Cons
Pressure, no backing from management, constant fear for your job, dysfunctional Maintenance, ruthless HR(two pats on the back to make you confident 3rd will be a knife), dangerous operating conditions because of equipment condition and lack of preventative Maintenance, over all poor morale throughout site, disorganized unpredictable path forward, Constant firefighting
Work/life balance is promoted from site leadership. Safety culture is very strong. Opportunity for growth/promotion within the company appears promising.
Pros
Promote internally
Cons
Budget
  1. Job Security & Advancement