Nutrien

Nutrien Culture reviews

Though my work at Potash Corp. was temporary and short term, it was fast paced and all needed tools and infrastructure to achieve my targets were adequately and promptly provided. I looked forward then to being permanently retained but when the whole management changed and they became Nutrien, I was not retained because of total change in the Organizational structure.
Pros
Nice work and people culture
Cons
Intensive fast paced though I love it!
Management was very narrow minded, during my time working there all the competent and knowledgeable staff quit or was laid off. I worked summers while attending NAIT and pay was good.
Employees are very friendly and informative. Very caring group of people. safety is their number one priority. Adopt to safe work or dont apply. Would love to work here again.
at lanigan you are mostly an equipment operator. I learned how to operate safely in confined areas. the culture is rough n tough humour very tight knit group.Get to know your work area do all safety checks. I enjoyed building things like belt lines.
Overall a good company to work for...pension, benefits, OT. Commitment to safety is above and beyond. Great support staff and very approachable management team.
Pros
Great people within the company
Cons
Just implemented SAP compter system
I am having a great experience working here. Team members are all willing to help and management provides great leadership Help desk team are extremely helpful and different teams get out of their way to help each other.
They will use you for everything they can. Promise you everything and give you nothing. At the facility I worked at the best part is the fact that half the people are under the influence of something so no one gives a crapIt’s very competitive for what the job entailed. Yet being the fastest or most durable and versatile employee gets you nothing. Your pay and job title will never change. Despite promises to do so
Nutrien is a safe place to work. Everyone is very nice, willing to work with each other and consider ideas that are given to get the job done safely and properly
positives - Great location - Work culture was great - Operations were always managed with safety in mind. Negatives - Lacked diversity - Lacked new talent
was hired to work at Nutrien for my summer internship and I'm just gonna jump into what was good about it, then tell you about why it's not the most exciting opportunity. The work-life balance is great, 4 10 hour work days is a pretty great schedule. Can't complain about that. There are a lot of perks of working there such as 1. Meaningless celebrations: you get snacks and some break time to celebrate milestones that are pretty much meaningless to yourself and everybody else. 2. The training for the first 2 weeks is pretty dry and pointless but the guys they hire to provide the training are beauty's so it totally makes up for it. 3. Free stuff (even more free stuff if you're engineer which I was not). Sometimes Nutrien will provide lunch and snacks at their meetings (mostly for the engineers though), you will get showered in Merchandise such as free coffee mugs, jackets, laptops, etc. 4. Staff can be kinda nice I guess. It's really no different than any other place you work at. There's people you like and don't like. Okay now to dive into Nutriens negative traits. 1. Even though I was given a lot of free things throughout my work term, those gifts feel empty because I was never really helped by management. This is my biggest beef with Nutrien, when I completed training I was given a project that would last the whole summer. I had to windows 10 image laptops and desktops and deploy the hardware, that was it. I was pretty much just given this boring task and then never really interacted with management. I never really learned anything this summer, I was - more...
Comment – 16 October 2019
Thank you for your detailed review. Feedback from temporary employees such as interns and students is valuable and always welcome. We’re glad to hear you found a strong work-life balance in your position with us, and that you had the chance to participate in some employee recognition events. We feel it’s important to recognize milestones both big and small. These activities help to build a culture of recognition, and that’s important to us. In a similar vein, providing employees with branded merchandise can increase company pride. With regards to interaction with management, our goal is always to give all our employees - including students and interns - the best work experience possible, and we recognize part of that can include working with leadership. We hope that these interactions occur, but we cannot guarantee every student will have the opportunity to interact with leadership throughout their term. Employees in these roles who would like to take on new projects and interact with their leaders are encouraged to speak with their supervisor about potential opportunities. Again, your feedback is important. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Position with company was seasonal. very fast paced and enjoyable. Delivered to lots of clients and got see lots unique areas that I've never see before. Work environment was great, management was awesome to work with.
It was a great place to work, you get a chance to grow and learn many new things. The family atmosphere was there, it was hard to call in sick because you feel you were letting someone down. Just like anywhere else there is always politics but over all I really enjoy my time here. Thank you.
Pros
you get to exercise your leadership abilities and always learning.
Cons
long hours at times and the drive.
Formally Agrium, took away travel time, drive from Calgary is approx 30 mins to 1 hour, good array of work from old equipment to current devices. Great group of people on the maintence team.
Pros
Cons
drive to site
No real concern about the future from the leadership at this company. Reliability on a downhill slope, dismissed 70% of the safety group that struggled against managements desire to drive false metrics. The worst culture of any company I’ve ever worked for. Managers bounce from chair to chair, hacking and slashing as they go leaving workers and staff frustrated as they ladder climb to the security of the corporate office. New philosophy is to run-to-failure (real statement from leaders) so things obviously come apart daily in unpredictable ways. Mines branch has them on a watch list for a reason. Many people stressed and spend time in therapy wondering how this can happen . The money is good but people are so unhappy that it drains you, toxic culture where even good people get polluted. Wow, is this really how the company wants culture?
Pros
Money
Cons
Stress, confusion, constant unnecessary layoffs of the wrong people.
If you want to be good at your job....dont work here...you wont be able to do your job well and the 3 other jobs they give you as staff. Worst site I have ever been on. Like the Beverly hillbillies. They had money when potash prices were driven up. Completed projects to 90% then never followed up on the details that keep you running long term and without having to put out fires daily. Always lacking spare parts. Not one single person dedicated to reliability of the plant. Catastrophic failures that management looks at and says huh....should have seen that. How do you not expect a fiberglass tank that runs 24hrs a day 300days a year at 90deg C not to fail...after 15 year of service and no real inspections or Maintenance...finding out later that there were flaws in it along with the lack of integrity surveys by someone that actually know these tanks....noooo let's figure that out after it failed and nearly causes a fatality.....who's fault? Nobody... The plant is falling apart around them and they wont make efforts to improve reliability. Any improvement is to be made are assigned to someone that already has too much on their plate. Hey you have two full time jobs...how bout a little more....we know you cant do any of them properly but it's your responsibility and if things go wrong it's on you. As a staff person you wont even be given a job description....so they can pile more work and responsibilities on you without any recourse...you dont like it...leave...you dont feel it's safe to be doing all of this and none of it well...leave.. Staff constantly fears for their job so they - more...
Pros
Gifts, pay rate, lunches
Cons
Pressure, no backing from management, constant fear for your job, dysfunctional Maintenance, ruthless HR(two pats on the back to make you confident 3rd will be a knife), dangerous operating conditions because of equipment condition and lack of preventative Maintenance, over all poor morale throughout site, disorganized unpredictable path forward, Constant firefighting
This used to be a good company before the merger but it really depends between site to site. The work environment is extremely toxic and HR will not help even when many of the workers go to them with concerns. Each department only look after themselves at the expense of the good of the site. Managers are not being held accountable for their own people's actions but protect them instead. Everyone likes to throw other people under the bus. Work attitude are toxic and with very low morale. A lot of things are done for short term gains. You report things to HR and they just brush you off like it is your problem. This site is just a mess, avoid if possible. If you are taking the job, be prepare to stop caring so you don't go crazy.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Garbage Culture
Work/life balance is promoted from site leadership. Safety culture is very strong. Opportunity for growth/promotion within the company appears promising.
Pros
Promote internally
Cons
Budget
Always have enjoyed the people I work with. The environment is always great and the support from management is good as well. Safety is very important here but is sometimes taken a little too seriously...
Pros
great managment, shift work, great pay
Cons
outside of town so the frive can get long based on where youre coming from.
As a safety supervisor my job was to support and guide workers into doing the safest job possible. There were times when a procedure would need to be changed therefore we would walk through the steps into making a job safer. The greatest fulfillment was watching the culture change and the workers having buy in to the new culture. The unfortunate part was the company holding job losses over all the workers heads. This lead to a unsafe environment as workers very seldom had there thoughts on there work.
Culture is toxic to work within. Management cuts corners and try to hide things all the time. The people you work with tend to be good but management ruins the job experience.
Since the merge between Agrium and PCS was completed, the company lost direction and management is absolutely lost. Job culture is nonexistent and nobody knows what direction to follow. This is very unfortunate as Agrium was an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Leadership lost direction