Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.
Pros
Great pay great days off lots of vacation time
Cons
Poor management terrible payroll department
They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.
Pros
Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.
Cons
Almost everything
This company does a ridiculous video interview. They send u dumb questions and expect you to video your response. I had over a decade of relevant experience and got a poorly written email about 3 months later saying i wasnt selected. After talking to numerous people that applied for positions with Nutrien it became obvious they hire based on skin colour and not qualifications.
Cons
Great atmosphere with kind co-workers. I would be honoured to be back to continue progressing my experience within such a company with broad ranges of things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great company to work for. Great benefits and great salaries. All drivers are happy and been with the company for a long time. Company has safety in mind ans you are never rushed to do your deliveries.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Work independently and have to find remote locations.
Though my work at Potash Corp. was temporary and short term, it was fast paced and all needed tools and infrastructure to achieve my targets were adequately and promptly provided. I looked forward then to being permanently retained but when the whole management changed and they became Nutrien, I was not retained because of total change in the Organizational structure.
Pros
Nice work and people culture
Cons
Intensive fast paced though I love it!
I was a seasonal employee for multiple years, and took on responsibilities beyond the role. The company had me working on 9 month contracts, just so they didn't have to pay benefits or pay for the winter months. Because of their bureaucracy, they would not pay me beyond a contract/student rate, even though I was doing the job of a non contract position. When confronting management about this, I was told to take it, or they'll find someone else. Management does not care about your development. You are just another guy to get the job done until they move on to the next one.
Pros
Overtime Pay during busy season
Cons
Management, lack of career and personal development
HR and middle/upper management have lost touch with their customers and the frontline staff who serve them. Very much an old boys club more interested in patting each other on the back than making positive change. Internal accounting system pits all of the business units against one another creating a difficult environment to serve the customer.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
For my interview, they sent me questions to answer to a video recording system. Cons of interview: Instead of being able to talk to a real person, I was kind of treated as a robot. Strikes me as kind of lazy on their part in the recruiting process, and with no opportunity to ask them questions. They say it may seem awkward at first to stare into the dot of your webcam and answer all the questions pretending someone is on the other end (just like a traditional interview they conjecture), but that you will get used to it....lol, right! I guess their idea of efficiency for recruiting humans is to remove their humans altogether. They say to remember that employers hire human beings and not just the name at the top of a resume...lol. They should take a dose of their own rationale....employees like to work for real people, not just absentee employers.Pros: With this format, at least I knew the questions ahead of time that they were going to ask. At least they got back to me quickly after the interview.
Coworkers and management are generally supportive and helpful, company is always innovating to find better ways of doing things to make jobs easier. Company is always running some kind of internal initiative to ensure the health, well-being, and success of its employees both in the office and at home.
Pros
free beverages, flexible schedules, quiet working environment
Cons
office space is dull in color and decor, IT department dress code very outdated
My manager was racist and would tell other staff things that other people told him in confidence. Cared more about his other business than broken things
Pros
always busy
Cons
expected to work long hours then manager would complain about overtime
You are just a number. They couldn't care less about you or your family. They are two faced about safety as well. They blame the worker in case of an accident.
Official response from Nutrien
14 January 2021
We are disappointed to hear what you describe. We take safety seriously, reviewing incidents big and small to ensure our workforce goes home safe, every day. If you have a situation that you believe is contrary to our code of ethics, we encourage you to use the Compliance Hotline, an online and phone-based reporting tool managed by a third party, where employees can raise concerns, anonymously if desired.
Wish I could have transferred to nutrien when I moved but there were no full time opportunities but I would definitely go back if there was. Staff was super friendly to work with and we felt like a family. The manager made you feel more at home and making sure you felt safe at work and even making sure your at home life was good and if you ever need to take time off to deal with personal problems there was never an issue or questions asked
Pros
Awesome staff and awesome company to work for
Cons
Not enough opportunities for full time
The only thing that kept me from continuing on was due to the merger, and the layoffs that were happening. I enjoyed the experience and would have prefer to continue or be in the industry in an up market.
Pros
The people
Cons
The market demand affecting the staff requirements.
Management was very narrow minded, during my time working there all the competent and knowledgeable staff quit or was laid off. I worked summers while attending NAIT and pay was good.
Employees are very friendly and informative. Very caring group of people. safety is their number one priority. Adopt to safe work or dont apply. Would love to work here again.
at lanigan you are mostly an equipment operator. I learned how to operate safely in confined areas. the culture is rough n tough humour very tight knit group.Get to know your work area do all safety checks. I enjoyed building things like belt lines.
I worked with some really great people, and definitely enjoyed my time there. Was let go early due to a slow season, but otherwise a great experience.
when I first started at Vanscoy potash they made me feel like family and showed they really appreciated their employees I felt like family everyone new you by your name. And the Agrium and PCS potash merged. Now it has all changed they no longer treat their employees the same or show they care about them it’s disappointing when you give your life to a company and it ends up like that.
Pros
Shift work 12 hr shifts
Cons
The 24 hour off shift change from days to nights
- Great manager. - Daily tasks and enhancements. - Huge projects. - Comfortable workplace. - Multinational organization. - Flexible working hours. - Professional work environment,
Temporary assignment for one day. Cannot answer this as I was there on an assignment. Staff were friendly. Were told what we were to do. It was detailed and specific.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
  1. Employee reviews