Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Reviews for Operator

The only thing that kept me from continuing on was due to the merger, and the layoffs that were happening. I enjoyed the experience and would have prefer to continue or be in the industry in an up market.
Pros
The people
Cons
The market demand affecting the staff requirements.
bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.
Its a decent place to work that pays well. there have been some recent issues with market demand that have led to some unfortunate jobsituations,but should get better.
You are just a number to them. The company makes hundreds of millions and despite this they will still let anyone go if it saves them a dollar. They don't really care about their employees just their bottom line. The management are Cutthroats and are in constant battle with unions. I gave the company two years of my life and despite making hundreds of millions of dollars they still laid off over a hundred employees claiming budget cuts
They will use you for everything they can. Promise you everything and give you nothing. At the facility I worked at the best part is the fact that half the people are under the influence of something so no one gives a crapIt’s very competitive for what the job entailed. Yet being the fastest or most durable and versatile employee gets you nothing. Your pay and job title will never change. Despite promises to do so
Ventured into Potash to broaden my horizon in the mining field and to be home every night with my new born child. great place to work and i was able to sleep in my own bed every night.
Management is a bunch of yes men. Only got their positions because they are buddies with upper management. They preach safety but then in the same breath say cost per tonne is too high and that’s all their priority is. Big company that only cares about dollars and their safety record shows
Not safe and Scared of change. There is not really anything good to say. It has to be the most disrespectful place to work. More gossip and talk underground that makes it worse then high school. Bandage fixing is not my way of operating so this place is not for me.
Nutrien was a fine company to work for. Just to bad they had to notify the work force of a huge layoff during my second week of training. The work was easy enough and the guys were all good to work with.
Senior Leadership underground at this site doesn't seem to know what they are doing, shooting from the hip, lots of chaos. Which speaks to the under qualified people running the underground. Seems to be an "old boys club" that are making the decisions. Seeing a lot of good qualified staff and union people being escorted out the door. Site management seems to be focused on running an authoritarian management style. Manage with fear and intimidation in the name of safety seems to be their motto. Sure I believe this site cares about safety but uses it too much to ram other agendas through. This site pre-merger used to be a great site to work at, had a community feel to it. Now it is very corporate and cold, it doesn't matter how many years of service you have they don’t care, you are just a number in the grand scheme of things. I would recommend staying far away from this site for awhile, unless you like being intimidated by someone who doesn't have the qualifications or professionalism for the job they are in. Until the old boys club gets cleaned out, it isn’t going to get better.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic Work Environment
Culture is toxic to work within. Management cuts corners and try to hide things all the time. The people you work with tend to be good but management ruins the job experience.
it is a great company to work for, unfortunately there are a of lay offs. the day starts with a tool box meeting, followed by being informed of where you are working that day. Drive out to the miner you are assigned to and begin your day.pros are the wage is livable cons are the lay offs
Pros
good guys to work with
Cons
lay offs
Good place to work, very safety oriented. Some down sides including the low price of potash bringing layoffs to the industry and directly to the mine.