Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Reviews for Operator

Operator14 reviews
Canada14 reviews

Very good experience

The only thing that kept me from continuing on was due to the merger, and the layoffs that were happening. I enjoyed the experience and would have prefer to continue or be in the industry in an up market.

Pros

The people

Cons

The market demand affecting the staff requirements.

Terrible management and unfair treatment

When it comes down to it Nutrien doesn’t really care about their employees. Terribly managed at the production level from supervisors to general foreman

Insights into Nutrien

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

laid off

bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.

good jobto be home every night

Its a decent place to work that pays well. there have been some recent issues with market demand that have led to some unfortunate jobsituations,but should get better.

You are a number

You are just a number to them. The company makes hundreds of millions and despite this they will still let anyone go if it saves them a dollar. They don't really care about their employees just their bottom line. The management are Cutthroats and are in constant battle with unions. I gave the company two years of my life and despite making hundreds of millions of dollars they still laid off over a hundred employees claiming budget cuts

Don’t do it

They will use you for everything they can. Promise you everything and give you nothing. At the facility I worked at the best part is the fact that half the people are under the influence of something so no one gives a crapIt’s very competitive for what the job entailed. Yet being the fastest or most durable and versatile employee gets you nothing. Your pay and job title will never change. Despite promises to do so

Good place to work for ppl who want to be home everynight.

Ventured into Potash to broaden my horizon in the mining field and to be home every night with my new born child. great place to work and i was able to sleep in my own bed every night.

Poor management

Management is a bunch of yes men. Only got their positions because they are buddies with upper management. They preach safety but then in the same breath say cost per tonne is too high and that’s all their priority is. Big company that only cares about dollars and their safety record shows

Boys club!

Not safe and Scared of change. There is not really anything good to say. It has to be the most disrespectful place to work. More gossip and talk underground that makes it worse then high school. Bandage fixing is not my way of operating so this place is not for me.

Hot, Dust, and Dark

Nutrien was a fine company to work for. Just to bad they had to notify the work force of a huge layoff during my second week of training. The work was easy enough and the guys were all good to work with.

Toxic Workplace

Senior Leadership underground at this site doesn't seem to know what they are doing, shooting from the hip, lots of chaos. Which speaks to the under qualified people running the underground. Seems to be an "old boys club" that are making the decisions. Seeing a lot of good qualified staff and union people being escorted out the door. Site management seems to be focused on running an authoritarian management style. Manage with fear and intimidation in the name of safety seems to be their motto. Sure I believe this site cares about safety but uses it too much to ram other agendas through. This site pre-merger used to be a great site to work at, had a community feel to it. Now it is very corporate and cold, it doesn't matter how many years of service you have they don’t care, you are just a number in the grand scheme of things. I would recommend staying far away from this site for awhile, unless you like being intimidated by someone who doesn't have the qualifications or professionalism for the job they are in. Until the old boys club gets cleaned out, it isn’t going to get better.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Toxic Work Environment

Management is horrible

Culture is toxic to work within. Management cuts corners and try to hide things all the time. The people you work with tend to be good but management ruins the job experience.

it is a good place to work

it is a great company to work for, unfortunately there are a of lay offs. the day starts with a tool box meeting, followed by being informed of where you are working that day. Drive out to the miner you are assigned to and begin your day.pros are the wage is livable cons are the lay offs

Pros

good guys to work with

Cons

lay offs

Strong world leading fertilizer producer

Good place to work, very safety oriented. Some down sides including the low price of potash bringing layoffs to the industry and directly to the mine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nutrien with

Learn about Nutrien in popular locations

• Nutrien