Nutrien
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Nutrien Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Saskatoon, SK15 reviews

Collaborative people and learning culture

Work can be fast paced but people are willing to help out. A lot of resources to learn within the company such as video courses etc. Management checks up on you if you are satisfied.

Professional productive workplace

Wonderful people to work with. Strong values of safety and efficiency. The warehouse manager has created a wonderful environment to work in where everyone really knows what they’re doing and doing it well for the benefit of everyone, along with everyone being super friendly and fun within a professional space. Really great work culture overall with a good work/life balance.

Pros

Mid morning meeting and stretches, positive and safe environment

Cons

Busy season from Apr-Sept

Insights into Nutrien

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Time at Nutrien

Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and pay. Can move up in company if you want. Management very supportive and good work life balance. Would recommend.

Good pay for the work

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.

Pros

Great pay great days off lots of vacation time

Cons

Poor management terrible payroll department

If you are white dont waste your time

This company does a ridiculous video interview. They send u dumb questions and expect you to video your response. I had over a decade of relevant experience and got a poorly written email about 3 months later saying i wasnt selected. After talking to numerous people that applied for positions with Nutrien it became obvious they hire based on skin colour and not qualifications.

Cons

Productive and collaborative place to work. Very supportive infrastructure for work goal achievements

Though my work at Potash Corp. was temporary and short term, it was fast paced and all needed tools and infrastructure to achieve my targets were adequately and promptly provided. I looked forward then to being permanently retained but when the whole management changed and they became Nutrien, I was not retained because of total change in the Organizational structure.

Pros

Nice work and people culture

Cons

Intensive fast paced though I love it!

Great Place to Work; Realistic yet Ambitious

Coworkers and management are generally supportive and helpful, company is always innovating to find better ways of doing things to make jobs easier. Company is always running some kind of internal initiative to ensure the health, well-being, and success of its employees both in the office and at home.

Pros

free beverages, flexible schedules, quiet working environment

Cons

office space is dull in color and decor, IT department dress code very outdated

Perfect work experience

- Great manager. - Daily tasks and enhancements. - Huge projects. - Comfortable workplace. - Multinational organization. - Flexible working hours. - Professional work environment,

Great Learning Opportunity

Great place to start out in the industry, Learn a lot as they provide tons of training throughout first year of employment and career. Fast Paced and long hours during peak seasons, great opportunity for OT. Very Slow in winter months.

good jobto be home every night

Its a decent place to work that pays well. there have been some recent issues with market demand that have led to some unfortunate jobsituations,but should get better.

Hot, Dust, and Dark

Nutrien was a fine company to work for. Just to bad they had to notify the work force of a huge layoff during my second week of training. The work was easy enough and the guys were all good to work with.

Horrible Mangement

I had to work 10 hours days and weekends to make the deadlines and I was still not appreciated for my work. Co worker told management lies about me to cover her...... Poor direction. Poor planning after merger, To many upper management on their high horses. They need to clean house. I would not recommend working in the Saskatoon Head Office. Its TOXIC!!!

Pros

good snacks

Cons

poor management, lack of direction, little communication to employees.

Job contributes to Mental Health issues.

A typical work day hinges upon reading the moods of senior management. Immediate dismissal is very real. Many managers are inexperienced and very arrogant. The workplace culture is full of politics, and this is the hardest part of the job. There is an immense amount of work, resources are shrinking, and expectations are going up. An organisation that should be avoided.

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Shift Work

RIP PotashCorp

PotashCorp used to be one of the best companies to work for in Saskatoon. It felt like a true Saskatchewan company, very close-knit, hard, proud workers. The "merger" or what most internal people call it, the takeover by Agrium destroyed everything PotashCorp was. Bringing in Management from outside of the Province (Calgary, the real Headquarters) who don't understand the "Saskatchewan way". It's now like any other large company from a large city outside of Saskatchewan. Profits and Cost Savings "Synergies" are more important than the people. Luckily I've managed to survive the bloodshed in job losses, however I've heard via reliable sources that a great percentage of the IT department was outsourced to India and that most of the Execs live and work from Calgary. Other rumblings are that there will be another round of cuts in the near future. Other departments include Finance, HR, etc. Just wait for the sites to get hit too. If you're looking for a long term place to stay I'd stay clear of this mess. I don't know who I feel more for, those of us who kept our jobs or those who were offered packages. Regardless, I, among many others are looking to leave this place as it's just not worth the misery of always looking over your shoulder and worrying about your future. PotashCorp WAS the gem of Saskatchewan, but was unfortunately wiped out in the blink of an eye!

Pros

Golden Handcuffs - i.e. good pay

Cons

Management, Outsourcing, No direction, Saskatoon is now a "remote" site

One of the worst.

Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. At first it seems all shiney and new but then you get in to find the deep divide between workers and supervision. Supervision for the most part is lacking any expirience. Some of them attempt to answer questions with a dumbfounded look and stare...I'm sorry but if you fail the supervisor exam more then once then maybe that isn't the career path for you. I truly believe they go out of thier way to get some dirt on you so they can look good when they bring the news to thier superiors. From and expirience miner, this is the worst mining company I have ever worked for. HR can't even get you a pay stub... You have to deal with a very poor online system and when that doesn't work you have to go through a contractor in Colorado. What a joke!!

Pros

Good Benifits, strong union, decent pay

Cons

Supervision, back stabbing and human resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement