Nutrien logo
Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Reviews

Good pay for the work

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.

Pros

Great pay great days off lots of vacation time

Cons

Poor management terrible payroll department

Okay place to work.

Nutrien is an Okay place to work. I worked there as a contractor for their IT department. Management was full of great people but we suffered the same problem alot of employers seem to have with IT was being understaffed. Good motivational management though.

Great place to work, company takes great care of employees.

Work can be demanding at times but thats agriculture for you. Plenty of room for advancement if you want it. Overall excellent place to work. Company has top notch benifits

People are great but that’s all

It’s a good environment, work is very simple but hours can go from 10 to 17 in a very random moment, you don’t have time to do very much after work other than shower sleep and wake up again, mangers are two face and will laugh In you’re face once you want a raise which makes no sense because they’ll gladly work you 40 hours of overtime but get offended if you ask for a 1 dollar more , the people are great and seem happy through out the day but one thing we all agree on is how lazy the office can be and how our wages make no sense

Pros

People are very nice

Cons

Everything else

Official response from Nutrien

6 July 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. During our busiest time of the year, where we are working closely with our customers, there are times when the hours increase; however the safety and wellness of our employees is paramount, which is why we provide, and encourage, employees to access time off.As it relates to pay, we encourage you to speak a member of HR team. Or, you may use the Compliance Hotline, an online and phone-based reporting tool managed by a third party, where people can raise concerns, anonymously if desired, regarding any behaviors that appear inconsistent with our Code of Ethics. Finally, if you’d like to discuss further, we encourage you to reach out to yourvoice@nutrien.com.

Low pay but great work environment

Not the best compensation for the work. Very seasonal so very slow in the winter months, hard to pass time when not busy. Great working with farmers and helping them.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

low pay for the work

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Fun and relaxed

They work hard when it's busy but it's a fun and relaxing atmosphere. Enjoyed all my coworkers and managers. My husband worked her also. It's like family.

Pros

Staff

Cons

It can get busy

AWESOME place to work !!!

Retention of workforce around 18 years !!! Extremely safe work environment with great benefits. Most of the managers and superintendents are true leaders and are very open minded. Just an AWESOME place to work. If you get an opportunity to work here - GRAB IT WITH BOTH HANDS and BOTH FEET !!!!!

Pros

Many free lunches, good bonusses, great teams !!!!

Cons

Hour away from Greenville and New Bern. And sheriffs just love the road . . .

Would not recommend

The training hardly exists, I was put in front of a computer with absolutely no training and was expected to teach myself. There were job aids available which were helpful but it’s not fair to be expected to learn like that. The computer system has a lot of glitches and errors. I do think if I was trained properly that I would have liked the job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Zero one on one training

Official response from Nutrien

17 May 2021
We are sorry to hear about your experience. As part of an employees onboarding, our expectation is that are necessary training takes place, so new employees who join our team can get develop their skills quickly. If you'd like to connect with us directly so we can further improve, please feel free to contact us at yourvoice@nutrien.com

Production production production

This is a place that claims to care about you but in reality it’s all about production, they have this great safety culture on paper and some people take it serious but most of the time it’s all about production until something happens and someone gets hurt then they preach about being safe again, but will constantly ask why is this not done yet, and say they’re not rushing you. Every year employees lose little things here and there that kept morale up, the insurance discount for being healthy went away, the family appreciation day went away the pension went away, perfect attendance recognition went away, safety gifts went away, but we did get more work to do, and you don’t know if your going to be off on your scheduled days off or not so you can’t make plans, because your either on call or working OT. If your single and like to work all the time this place is for you!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

They expect you to put the company above everything else

Jobs at Nutrien

See more jobs

Solid Team and Supportive Workplace

I was here as a student in the summer internship program, my experience is only for 4 months. The manager care about you, care about your success, well-being and work-life balance. He guided me from day 1 of orientation and treat me as part of the team, not just a number. He asked me the 2nd day something along the line "how was your first day :)". At this location (Portage la Prairie), the team is small so you know everyone really well. Coworkers are supportive, great teamwork! When I did not understand something, people are willing to go beyond their means to make sure I do it correctly and most importantly, safely. No politics, no discrimination, no drama, no all that craps. One time, they let us go home early with full-day pay due to a rainstorm. This shows that they care about its people, and for a full-time employee, overtime is 1.5X wages. This is a Canadian Ag corporate company, so there is a clear structure from the top all the way down. Great pay for an intern. The organization structure is very neat, because, during my internship, I received conference training and conference training from the head office (Saskatoon) although I am at Portage. They gave presentations to students like me on potential career prospects after graduation etc... There are Q&A sessions online with the head office during my orientation. That is really useful!My manager sometimes asked on my first week of intern "Hey! is everything alright? how was your first day?". Each month, I was assigned different types of works from truck loading, paperwork, cleaning the office 3 - 4 times a week but -

Pros

Great Culture, Work-life balance, useful training, teamwork, good company culture

Cons

attitudes sometimes more important than performance

Productive and fun place to work

I was really fascinated by Nutrien’s core value and ethics. They always focused on their employees. During my time there I met some amazing people and It felt like a family.

Great work environment!

Loved my time working for Nutrien. Enjoyed my job a lot and pay was fair for the work I did. Only stopped working because I moved! Would definitely recommend that people work for this company.

Pros

Good hours

High safety workplace

Nutrien is a good place to work. The pay is exceptional. You also get paid monthly stipend for traveling. They have a few restaurants around the facility

Long hours low pay - very unprofessional management - Not Covid Safe

This company was supposed to follow strict covid regulations for return to office. NOT the case . Management is more than unprofessional. Super long hours and they get away with basically paying minimum wage because everyone is salary. Communication is the worst I have ever seen and I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Work from home temporarily

Cons

Low pay, bad management

Good learning experience!

Worked as an intern. Great learning experience while still in school. Some busy work as expected but got to help work on and implement projects in the plant.

Pros

Free lunch almost every week

Great company

Worked there and had a great group of co workers. They were helpful and joke sometimes. Manager is good guy. Office people were nice. Really miss these people.

Great Learning Experience

I was an engineering intern at the company and they helped me along the way to understand the basic manufacturing practices. Also used OSI PI to connect and work with PLCs. They provide great training and take out time from their schedules to help the employees learn.

Clueless and cheap

They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.

Pros

Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.

Cons

Almost everything

If you are white dont waste your time

This company does a ridiculous video interview. They send u dumb questions and expect you to video your response. I had over a decade of relevant experience and got a poorly written email about 3 months later saying i wasnt selected. After talking to numerous people that applied for positions with Nutrien it became obvious they hire based on skin colour and not qualifications.

Dunkirk is a dump

Dunkirk is a unsafe work environment, management is a joke and looking for the next chance to stab you in the back, years of service plays no roll in anything

Pros

Stupid amount of vacation

Cons

Everything else sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement