Nutrien logo
Nutrien

Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Review

Toxic Workplace

Senior Leadership underground at this site doesn't seem to know what they are doing, shooting from the hip, lots of chaos. Which speaks to the under qualified people running the underground. Seems to be an "old boys club" that are making the decisions. Seeing a lot of good qualified staff and union people being escorted out the door. Site management seems to be focused on running an authoritarian management style. Manage with fear and intimidation in the name of safety seems to be their motto. Sure I believe this site cares about safety but uses it too much to ram other agendas through. This site pre-merger used to be a great site to work at, had a community feel to it. Now it is very corporate and cold, it doesn't matter how many years of service you have they don’t care, you are just a number in the grand scheme of things. I would recommend staying far away from this site for awhile, unless you like being intimidated by someone who doesn't have the qualifications or professionalism for the job they are in. Until the old boys club gets cleaned out, it isn’t going to get better.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Toxic Work Environment

2.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Very good experience

The only thing that kept me from continuing on was due to the merger, and the layoffs that were happening. I enjoyed the experience and would have prefer to continue or be in the industry in an up market.

Pros

The people

Cons

The market demand affecting the staff requirements.
Same roleSame location

laid off

bleak future for potash, unfortunately not a stable job anymore near saskatoon. Guys to work with were pretty good. Supervisors willing to cut each others throats for advancement.
Same location

Just a number.

You are just a number. They couldn't care less about you or your family. They are two faced about safety as well. They blame the worker in case of an accident.

Official response from Nutrien

14 January 2021
We are disappointed to hear what you describe. We take safety seriously, reviewing incidents big and small to ensure our workforce goes home safe, every day. If you have a situation that you believe is contrary to our code of ethics, we encourage you to use the Compliance Hotline, an online and phone-based reporting tool managed by a third party, where employees can raise concerns, anonymously if desired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement