Nutrien logo
Nutrien

Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Review

Top heavy

Top heavy, especially in the corporate offices. 10 managers or directors for every 1 employee. This means lots of decision making and no one to do the work. Constant big ideas from higher-ups with no consideration of who’ll do the work or what else is going on that’s increasing workload. Lots of talk about “managing workload”, all lip service, zero action. Higher ups say all the right things, but only act when it’s convenient. This is a big company that acts like it’s only got 100 employees.

2.0Job security/advancement

– 16 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. With the formation of Nutrien, we understand the need to continue to refine our organizational structure. This includes adding talent where more help is needed, and re-organizing management positions to ensure efficiency. This effort is ongoing, and we ask for your patience as we continue to build our organization for the future. With regards to workload, we are working to address these concerns in a meaningful way. This effort started with gathering information from both leaders and individual contributors to better understand where workload issues are stemming from. In the coming months, you will see different strategies implemented that impact workload at an individual, team and organizational level. At the end of the day, we need to ensure everything we do helps us continue to be a safe company for our employees and communities.

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Would not recommend

The training hardly exists, I was put in front of a computer with absolutely no training and was expected to teach myself. There were job aids available which were helpful but it’s not fair to be expected to learn like that. The computer system has a lot of glitches and errors. I do think if I was trained properly that I would have liked the job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Zero one on one training

Official response from Nutrien

17 May 2021
We are sorry to hear about your experience. As part of an employees onboarding, our expectation is that are necessary training takes place, so new employees who join our team can get develop their skills quickly. If you'd like to connect with us directly so we can further improve, please feel free to contact us at yourvoice@nutrien.com

Clueless and cheap

They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.

Pros

Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.

Cons

Almost everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement