Nutrien logo
Nutrien

Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Review

RIP PotashCorp

PotashCorp used to be one of the best companies to work for in Saskatoon. It felt like a true Saskatchewan company, very close-knit, hard, proud workers. The "merger" or what most internal people call it, the takeover by Agrium destroyed everything PotashCorp was. Bringing in Management from outside of the Province (Calgary, the real Headquarters) who don't understand the "Saskatchewan way". It's now like any other large company from a large city outside of Saskatchewan. Profits and Cost Savings "Synergies" are more important than the people. Luckily I've managed to survive the bloodshed in job losses, however I've heard via reliable sources that a great percentage of the IT department was outsourced to India and that most of the Execs live and work from Calgary. Other rumblings are that there will be another round of cuts in the near future. Other departments include Finance, HR, etc. Just wait for the sites to get hit too. If you're looking for a long term place to stay I'd stay clear of this mess. I don't know who I feel more for, those of us who kept our jobs or those who were offered packages. Regardless, I, among many others are looking to leave this place as it's just not worth the misery of always looking over your shoulder and worrying about your future. PotashCorp WAS the gem of Saskatchewan, but was unfortunately wiped out in the blink of an eye!

Pros

Golden Handcuffs - i.e. good pay

Cons

Management, Outsourcing, No direction, Saskatoon is now a "remote" site

1.0Job security/advancement

Good pay for the work

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.

Pros

Great pay great days off lots of vacation time

Cons

Poor management terrible payroll department
Same location

If you are white dont waste your time

This company does a ridiculous video interview. They send u dumb questions and expect you to video your response. I had over a decade of relevant experience and got a poorly written email about 3 months later saying i wasnt selected. After talking to numerous people that applied for positions with Nutrien it became obvious they hire based on skin colour and not qualifications.

Same location

Productive and collaborative place to work. Very supportive infrastructure for work goal achievements

Though my work at Potash Corp. was temporary and short term, it was fast paced and all needed tools and infrastructure to achieve my targets were adequately and promptly provided. I looked forward then to being permanently retained but when the whole management changed and they became Nutrien, I was not retained because of total change in the Organizational structure.

Pros

Nice work and people culture

Cons

Intensive fast paced though I love it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement