Nutrien logo
Nutrien

Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Review

Not great interview process

For my interview, they sent me questions to answer to a video recording system. Cons of interview: Instead of being able to talk to a real person, I was kind of treated as a robot. Strikes me as kind of lazy on their part in the recruiting process, and with no opportunity to ask them questions. They say it may seem awkward at first to stare into the dot of your webcam and answer all the questions pretending someone is on the other end (just like a traditional interview they conjecture), but that you will get used to it....lol, right! I guess their idea of efficiency for recruiting humans is to remove their humans altogether. They say to remember that employers hire human beings and not just the name at the top of a resume...lol. They should take a dose of their own rationale....employees like to work for real people, not just absentee employers.Pros: With this format, at least I knew the questions ahead of time that they were going to ask. At least they got back to me quickly after the interview.

Same location

good pay good benifits

at lanigan you are mostly an equipment operator. I learned how to operate safely in confined areas. the culture is rough n tough humour very tight knit group.Get to know your work area do all safety checks. I enjoyed building things like belt lines.

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Would not recommend

The training hardly exists, I was put in front of a computer with absolutely no training and was expected to teach myself. There were job aids available which were helpful but it’s not fair to be expected to learn like that. The computer system has a lot of glitches and errors. I do think if I was trained properly that I would have liked the job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Zero one on one training

Official response from Nutrien

17 May 2021
We are sorry to hear about your experience. As part of an employees onboarding, our expectation is that are necessary training takes place, so new employees who join our team can get develop their skills quickly. If you'd like to connect with us directly so we can further improve, please feel free to contact us at yourvoice@nutrien.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement