Nutrien logo
Nutrien

Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Review

No room for career advancement or development

I was a seasonal employee for multiple years, and took on responsibilities beyond the role. The company had me working on 9 month contracts, just so they didn't have to pay benefits or pay for the winter months. Because of their bureaucracy, they would not pay me beyond a contract/student rate, even though I was doing the job of a non contract position. When confronting management about this, I was told to take it, or they'll find someone else. Management does not care about your development. You are just another guy to get the job done until they move on to the next one.

Pros

Overtime Pay during busy season

Cons

Management, lack of career and personal development

1.0Job security/advancement

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Would not recommend

The training hardly exists, I was put in front of a computer with absolutely no training and was expected to teach myself. There were job aids available which were helpful but it’s not fair to be expected to learn like that. The computer system has a lot of glitches and errors. I do think if I was trained properly that I would have liked the job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Zero one on one training

Official response from Nutrien

17 May 2021
We are sorry to hear about your experience. As part of an employees onboarding, our expectation is that are necessary training takes place, so new employees who join our team can get develop their skills quickly. If you'd like to connect with us directly so we can further improve, please feel free to contact us at yourvoice@nutrien.com

Clueless and cheap

They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.

Pros

Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.

Cons

Almost everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement