Nutrien logo
Nutrien

Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Review

I am having a great experience working here. Team members are all willing to help and management provides great leadership Help desk team are extremely helpful and different teams get out of their way to help each other.

5.0Job security/advancement

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Would not recommend

The training hardly exists, I was put in front of a computer with absolutely no training and was expected to teach myself. There were job aids available which were helpful but it’s not fair to be expected to learn like that. The computer system has a lot of glitches and errors. I do think if I was trained properly that I would have liked the job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Zero one on one training

Official response from Nutrien

17 May 2021
We are sorry to hear about your experience. As part of an employees onboarding, our expectation is that are necessary training takes place, so new employees who join our team can get develop their skills quickly. If you'd like to connect with us directly so we can further improve, please feel free to contact us at yourvoice@nutrien.com

Solid Team and Supportive Workplace

I was here as a student in the summer internship program, my experience is only for 4 months. The manager care about you, care about your success, well-being and work-life balance. He guided me from day 1 of orientation and treat me as part of the team, not just a number. He asked me the 2nd day something along the line "how was your first day :)". At this location (Portage la Prairie), the team is small so you know everyone really well. Coworkers are supportive, great teamwork! When I did not understand something, people are willing to go beyond their means to make sure I do it correctly and most importantly, safely. No politics, no discrimination, no drama, no all that craps. One time, they let us go home early with full-day pay due to a rainstorm. This shows that they care about its people, and for a full-time employee, overtime is 1.5X wages. This is a Canadian Ag corporate company, so there is a clear structure from the top all the way down. Great pay for an intern. The organization structure is very neat, because, during my internship, I received conference training and conference training from the head office (Saskatoon) although I am at Portage. They gave presentations to students like me on potential career prospects after graduation etc... There are Q&A sessions online with the head office during my orientation. That is really useful!My manager sometimes asked on my first week of intern "Hey! is everything alright? how was your first day?". Each month, I was assigned different types of works from truck loading, paperwork, cleaning the office 3 - 4 times a week but -

Pros

Great Culture, Work-life balance, useful training, teamwork, good company culture

Cons

attitudes sometimes more important than performance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement